Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions needed for young GF frag

Hi all!

Although I know and own a small but fine collection of male scents I have bare to no knowledge when it comes to female perfumes.
    And now I want to buy some new fragrance for my gf and looking for suggestions what to try/buy.

The lady who is to wear the scent is 21 y.o., long blond hair, slender and tall. She is quite pretty and would best be characterized as fashionable, though not arty and sometimes looks a bit aloof.
    She's not too lady-like, more girlish, although I am looking for a perfume that fits her youth while underlining her mature sides, partly because I will be on her side, a 10 years older Creed/CdG/Penhaligon's/C&S - user.

Is there some outstanding, tender, seducing, young scent that would fit?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Suggestions needed for young GF frag

The first thing that comes to mind is Coco Mademoiselle (fruity fresh topnotes, jasmine, rose with an underlying base of warmer patchouli notes in the EdP.) Perhaps Cristalle, for summer time as well (lemon, fresh, greenish, floral honeysuckle/hyacinth, oakmossy, vetiver underneith.) These two fragrances by Chanel, while any age can wear them I feel, do have a youthful, carefree kind of tone, yet still uphold the Chanel air of classiness.

I'd try the house of Chanel in general; perhaps even something like Allure or Allure Sensuelle would be nice for you gf.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Post Thanks / Like

I second Allure or perhaps the new Pure White Linen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keener_than
    Is there some outstanding, tender, seducing, young scent that would fit?
    L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger (quite expensive) and Drole de Rose came to my mind...

Also, Eau Belle from Azzaro and Lilia Bella from Guerlain are very nice.

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

See if you can find some Guerlain Secret Intention. It's got nice packaging, and is a great transitional scent between girly fruity floral and sexy mature floriental. The hint of vanilla is a nice touch, and it wears in all seasons.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Since I couldn't really say if I ever "actively" smelled one of them, I'll happily go to my local store and find out what I [and hopefully her!] like best.

Maybe I should add that the store's assortment features nearly all popular houses as well as a huge range of niche brands. The only one that comes into mind they do not have is SMN, but all of Bond, Creed, Goutal, Lutens, MPG, L'Artisan ... and so on.

So suggestions can be as niche or common as you see fits.

Thanks again in a advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that you can probably find what you're looking for from the house of Chanel. The aforementioned Coco Mlle is awesome, as is Chance. I would also be really interested to see how Gris Clair (Lutens) smells on a woman.

So we both went to my favorite local store and asked for a scent for her with the aforementioned attributes.
    The SA started with Be 21 and when I mentioned Chanel he immediately introduced us to Chance, both versions, perfume and EdT.
    I really liked it, especially the somehow fresher EdT - pure, smooth class with a subtle fresh note, the scent for a classy, self-confidentent and gentle woman, IMHO.
    He did not show us Coco Mademoisselle, though until I asked for it. My Gf liked Chance very much but even more she was in love with CM.
    I found CM too fruity and girlish for my tastes but she had to wear it, so she was to decide...
    She couldn't really decide and so we went for a short walk and a coffee.
    After that 20 minutes the drydown made both frags very smooth and quite similar, though CM still was a bit more fruity, but not so "in your face" anymore - more gentle and tasty. So I had to change my mind about it.
    When we then walked back into the store she choose CM without hesistation, the "travel/refill"-package.
    She hasn't regretted her decision since then and I really like the smell of her, but then I'd like it anyway...

Thanks again for your great support!

Keener, I can't agree more with Allure. It's a great scent and appeals to younger women (but not just). A Chanel bottle is all a fashionista will need to be impressed, and it's hard to imagine she won't like the juice as it's so appealing with its citrus, white florals and vanilla base.
    Also, try Pure Poison (I love this scent, and it also comes in a beautiful bottle).
    Or you can go niche and get her a bottle of La Chasse Aux Papillon. I find it similar to Pure Poison.
    Another idea (and not any less impressive bottle/fashion wise) is Narciso Rodriguiez for Her EDT (in the black bottle - the one that comes in the pink bottle is the EDP and is not as good in my opinion). A subtle, sexy, understated, sophisticaed musk and abstract white florals. I would probably go with that one if I were you...
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

I would like to recommend:

Amarige D'amour by Givenchy
    Tendre Poison by Dior
    Azahar by Adolfo Dominguez
    Burberry weekend for women
    Daliflor by Salvador Dali
    Par Amour Toujours by Clarins

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Suggestions needed for young GF frag

Petite Cherie By Annick Goutal and Spring Flower by Creed are well made fruity florals that fit young women who date guys with classic tastes perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

good choice (Y)
    btw ayala... whats pure poison like? sounds good from what ive heard....

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I might suggest Penhaligon's "Ellenisia" or "Artemisia". Both boast the degree of refinement expected of this perfume house, yet each of them maintains a sense of youthfulness.
    Perhaps a more mainstream (yet often overlooked) gem might be Bvlgari's "Omnia Crystalline".

Post Thanks / Like

These are all great suggestions, but I wonder if they aren't stereotyped based on her age and physical appearance.

What I want to know is, what does she currently wear? That would help us match her tastes. (And this can include body lotions and sprays, if she doesn't own any perfume.)

Based on the sporty/aloof/girly description, I might suggest Lacoste Touch of Pink.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    good choice (Y)
    btw ayala... whats pure poison like? sounds good from what ive heard....
    It's a sheer white floral with an amber and incense base (again, sheer). I mostly smell tuberose, orange blossom and an ambery-musky incense. It's very light on my skin. But I smelled it on another lady where the tuberose grew a lot more and was a bit more sultry rather than fresh. One of the better florals released lately by mainstream houses, though I wouldn't call it groundbreaking by any means. it's quite similar to La Chasse au Papillon in my opinion.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/