Code of Conduct

Question If I like L'eau Par Kenzo, will I like KenzoAir?

I love L'eau Par - probably my favorite citrus. I don't seem to like Kenzo pour homme. Kenzo air seems to be marketed as light, modern, clean; If this is the case, I think I might like it. Can any comparisons be made to anything (kenzo or other) ? I'm considering a blind buy, but am hesitant.

Default Re: If I like L'eau Par Kenzo, will I like KenzoAir?

Oy. You have a lot to learn my son. First of all, 99% of marketing is complete bullshit. Don't ever make a blind buy based on marketing. Secondly, the two scents are totally different. L'eau Par is a citrus, whereas Air is not. To be honest I haven't spent a whole lot of time with Kenzo Air, but I know it opens with a strong blast of anise and while not super strong it didn't seem like a particularly light or airy scent either. It also didn't seem that great, but like I said I didn't give it much time.

I bet if you tried hard you could find a place not too far from your home where you could test this scent. This isn't a Malle we're talking about. You should just go out and test it. I believe it's on sale at Sephora right now too.

Just because you like one scent, doesn't mean you will like the other scents from the same house. That is a dangerous assumption even for the houses that try to have a consistant image or concept with their scents, which Kenzo does not. The two scents are in different scent families, probably were made by different noses, and are conceptually totally different. I would say that is is far from safe to order this blind. Just go on a testing adventure and have some fun!

Yeah, what he said.

"Air" is aptly-titled. It is very fainting and fleet, and what there is of it isn't very interesting.

LPK is far superior, IMO.

I just tested Air because it is on sale at Sephora, and I was greatly disappointed. It smells like awful black licorice...not at all like the image the bottle conveys, and it isn't what I'd call a quality scent in terms of longevity and sillage. On the other hand, L'eau Par is one of my summer favorites and they are not at all similar. Sorry to deliver such a report, but if I were you I would pass on this.

I'm picking up a tester bottle of this today, along with some tiny, incy, bitsy amount of Givenchy VI. Why? I'll put it in my notebook.

L'eau par Kenzo probably do not have anything in common with KenzoAir. I have the intense version of KenzoAir and find it quite boring. It has this earthy anise feel to it that I grew tired of quickly. Lack of character simply put.

L'eau par Kenzo, on the other hand, is one of the very few fragrances I have considered buying twice and for me, that is a good grade.

I had expected as much. Although I do love L'eau par and do consider it high quality, I suspect that the whole marketing image of "air" doesn't really fit, and thus, isn't something I think I'd like. Thanks for clarifying!

They are totally different. I own both of them. I can tell you that KenzoAir is light and does not last. The sillage is also weak. But it's something I'd wear when I get tired of other scents.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Wink Re: If I like L'eau Par Kenzo, will I like KenzoAir?

I think Kenzo Air doesn't smell at all... Trying to smell this "fragrance" I started suspecting to be anosmic, but reading the reviews of many basenoters I noticed that I not alone in thinking so.

Anyway the bottle is nice. You can put it on a bathroom shelf as decoration. If the juice turns bad you won't notice it anyway...

veeeeery strange but KenzoAir does last on me. I think it s the first scent that got me compliments from my coworkers.

the two have really not much in common. I love L'eau par Kenzo, but can't stand Kenzo Air, so be careful, i don't suggest a blind buy on this one.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe