Code of Conduct

Default Who uses TRUMPER products?

I have just received their colognes samples, 5 scents in total and I like most of them. The Sandalwood is very nice though. As I live in Thailand I will have to ask my friend in London to get it for me, but wonder where's the best place to buy? Is there any online store that offers discount? Can anyone recommend a good source?

Thanks in advance.

In addition, which scent from this house that you really like?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Who uses TRUMPER products?

As for the Trumper Sandalwood cologne, it was a bit of a letdown for me. I don't know, I get the impression of just having sprayed Egoiste by Chanel. It smells almost the same to me, but when I made a side by side, they are completely different.
    I guess it gives the perfect impression of Egoiste and smells different at the same time. Huh -
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

RTbar

Sandalwood is great, I really want to pick up a bottle one of these days. Eucris, however, is amazing. It's one of my favorite scents, if you have a sample of it give it a good wearing. The trumpers skin foods are really good if you live in a warm climate, both the rose water and the lime. The creams were a little too thin for me, but then again i didnt use a brush so it might be different with one

I also received a set of 5 samples from them. Very generous, even if the vials themselves are a bit small (look to be about 1ml).

I tried the West Indian Extract of Limes the other day and it was nice and refreshing but very short lived (about 10 minutes max on my skin). Last night I gave the Silvester a try, which was "barber-shop" fresh and slightly better on the longevity than the Limes. I've yet to try the other three and am looking forward to the Sandalwood; hope it is more long lasting.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I dont think there is a cheaper source than the shop itself, you see some on ebay sometimes, not very often though. If you buy a few, ring the shop with a c/card they may do a discount.

Oh yes, Happy coronation anniversary for your king. I was part of the security team that did the Thai celebrations in london last sunday for the Thai Embassy. The food was fantastic! I hear he is in hospital not well again too. Hope he gets well. I have many many thai colleagues in london.

regards

ps you must get the coconut or violet shaving cream for Thailand! great for the heat! and also Eucris cologne. its great!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Talking Re: Who uses TRUMPER products?

Thanks for all comments. I have:

1. Wellington
    2. Sandalwood
    3. Eucris
    4. G F T
    5. Malborough

It seems they send different samples to different people. I'll try Eucris later.

To Markinlondon, our King is recovering the operation went very well. I'm glad you know about us. Our food is great, even that I have it everyday I've never got bored of it--tasty, spicy and yummy. But in London Thai food is quite expensive. Just a dish of rice it costs 200 Baht while only 5 Baht here, hehe.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I wear Eucris, which is a classic, and have high opinions of Curzon, Astor, Marlborough, GFT and Sandalwood. The skin food is superb, as are all their shave creams, which MUST be used with a brush. Try the Gentlemen's Shop in England for Trumper products. I don't believe their prices are necessarily better, but they occasionally have sales, ship for free above a certain amount purchased, and don't charge the VAT (which is much more convenient than having to mail in for a rebate of that hated tax).

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    I also received a set of 5 samples from them. Very generous, even if the vials themselves are a bit small (look to be about 1ml).

I tried the West Indian Extract of Limes the other day and it was nice and refreshing but very short lived (about 10 minutes max on my skin)
    Sad but true, this was my experience as well, a brief encounter with a pleasant scent...

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    Sandalwood is great, I really want to pick up a bottle one of these days. Eucris, however, is amazing. It's one of my favorite scents, if you have a sample of it give it a good wearing. The trumpers skin foods are really good if you live in a warm climate, both the rose water and the lime. The creams were a little too thin for me, but then again i didnt use a brush so it might be different with one
    Eucris is also my favourite scent, very regal & intoxicating. I also like Curzon, Sandalwood, Astor & Spanish Leather.

KiatBkk, you can't go wrong with fragrances from this traditional barber shop, they are all exemplary of refined taste. In answer to your question, one rarely finds trumper products discounted, however you can order from their online shop

http://www.trumpers.com/howto.cfm

or:

http://www.mankind.co.uk/goshopping....M=goo1trumpers

http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/cgi-b...=-1&TB=A&SHOP=

or ebay!

I bought Sandalwood off Ebay from a store called Jonny Rainbow's. It was fairly cheap and I got it quick. Not sure if they still have it in stock though.

TRUMPER products....sounds like a Donald Trump grooming line... :S

Most of the Trumper line are more of the classic Eau de Cologne style product. The Sandalwood is the outstanding one for me, it's lasting power and projection being far greater than the rest. It's the loudest sandalwood scent I've come across.

Also, as I've commented in the past, Trumpers aftershave splashes are great - they don't sting, they actually sooth rather than hurt.
    Renato

Post Re: Who uses TRUMPER products?

GFT and Spanish Leather are both outstanding yet wearable fragrances. For my money, GFT is the best classic citrus fragrance ever created, with excellent longevity and very natural and fresh drydown. While they are not my absolute favourites, Sandalwood and Skye are still both very good.

All in all, excellent house.

They're great fragrances, in my view the best UK house. You really should try Curzon and Astor; both seem to contain vast amounts of aromatic herbs like rosemary, thyme, clarysage, etc; they're different from anything else and just so plain good-smelling Their Sandalwood is fantastic but a bit too feminine for me to use (vanilla overdose ?). I love their Bay Rum, it's great fun in summer; and I agree that their Limes are very pleasant too. Wellington is nice, but a bit too fruity. I would stay away from Sylvester - just not a happy mixing choice, and have reservations on Marlborough too, although it depends, it smells different at different times, but like Sylvester it is a bit acrid. Eau de Quinine is a curiosity, it's good to try it once. I've seen mixed reviews of Eucris; as for GFT, it's nice but not memorable.
    In summary, I recommend Astor and Curzon, and Sandalwood if you don't mind its sweetness.

Thanks for more opinions. I've tried Eucris myself and didn't like it much though. Sandalwood still stands on top for me (from these 5 scents).
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto