Code of Conduct

Default 6 years old bottle of A men,but smells good!

I bought this in the summer of 2000,i got the chrome refill bottle and today I opened the casing. The juice is now green? Is it supposed to be green? And I noticed that there's some sediments(white color) on the bottom with then juice. I sprayed some and I like the smell. It's not as blatant as a brand new bottle but still smells like Angel Man. Not as sticky sweet as I remembere it.

My question is, is it still safe to wear?
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Default Re: 6 years old bottle of A men,but smells good!

I remember reading somewhere that the blue colour of Angel and A*Men changes when they go "off", so when the juice isn't blue anymore, it is past its prime.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I've never noticed that Amen is green or blue. Anyway, the last drops in my 1999 bottle are still delicious smelling. I usually store my bottles in the wardrobe in the original package and I've never experienced that a perfume turns bad even after 10 years.

Only with some vintage classic perfumes of my mom (30 years old) I've noticed that they are more concentrated and darker, but they still smell good.

Go ahead!! I had EXACTLY the same experience with the bottle of A*Men I received from my mother as a birthday present with my name engraved on it. She got it in 1997 at Harrod's and I didnt' like the smell that much then.. so I let it stand in the shadows behind the rest of my collection and just suddenly discovered what a wonderful powerful original scent it is only one year ago!!
    It smelled wonderful (changed slightly but NOT in a bad way which normally happens to other scents).
    So, just go ahead: use your lovely vintage bottle of A*Men!
    it might just be one of those rare scents that, like many liquers/wines and teas, just get better with age
    Last edited by zenman7; 25th July 2006 at 09:06 AM.

I find this is one of the only scents I did notice a change in. I had worn it this past winter and then sprayed some from a tester that day and the tester one had more depth. It just smelled better. I thought it might be all in my head but I let my friend (Angel is his sig scent) smell my bottle and he agreed that it did not smell the same as his bottle which he had bought less than 6 months before. My bottle is about 4 years old and it is still blue.

So it's still safe, meaning it's not toxic in anyway? I want to wear it coz my fav Roma Uomo is running low. I love the vintage A Men smell, it still has that chocolatey,vanillic smell but less harsh and lighter.

Another question, when you spray your scent on your shirts, will doing it ruin your expensive clothings? With weakers scents such as Gai Mattiolo,Armani Mania,to some extend Roma Uomo,Gigli Man 2004, I sprays a whole bunch on my undershirt and some more on my office/dress shirts.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I just got a new one last year, i'll have to wait 4 more years and i'll get back to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    So it's still safe, meaning it's not toxic in anyway? I want to wear it coz my fav Roma Uomo is running low. I love the vintage A Men smell, it still has that chocolatey,vanillic smell but less harsh and lighter.

Another question, when you spray your scent on your shirts, will doing it ruin your expensive clothings? With weakers scents such as Gai Mattiolo,Armani Mania,to some extend Roma Uomo,Gigli Man 2004, I sprays a whole bunch on my undershirt and some more on my office/dress shirts.

Yes, it should be perfectly safe to use.

I haven't really ever had a problem with ruining a shirt, but be careful with EDP concentrations. And I would be cautious with the sprays if I was wearing something light.