Code of Conduct

Default How long does it take you to finnish a bottle?

I'm wondering how long it takes some of us with smaller collections, who don't have such a long rotation to go through, to empty a 3.3 oz / 100ml bottle, or a 50 ml. How many have you finnished? how fast and which ones? I have yet to finnish one, but i really just got serious into this last year...
    "...fragrance is a silent language that does not use words. One can express with fragrance things that cannot be expressed in any other way." - Jacques Polge

Default Re: How long does it take you to finnish a bottle?

I have finished two (boss bottled, Cool Water) in my life. That was a long time ago when I only wore those to smells.

Now I have 20 and will never run out of anything.

I have a lot of seasonal stuff that only gets worn durring specific parts of the year. That, along with having so many, means I will probably not come close to an empty bottle for years and years...

Yeah, I'm having a similar prob... so many frags, not enough years in my life to finish them all!

2 years into this hobby and I still haven't finished a bottle. I used to buy big ones because its a better value per unit volume, but I quickly realized that I'm not likely to finish anything and its not a better deal if you never do use it. Since that realization, I always buy the smallest size I can (depending on the scent that can be anywhere from 30 to 100mL) and even with that policy I haven't even come close to finishing anything.

My bottles that are the furthest along ( all around half way) are Gendarme (120mL), GIT (75mL), and Live Jazz (50mL). All are favorites that I have had for a long time and that I like to spray heavily and often. I even used the Gendarme as a bed spray or room spray and still haven't finished it.

I really am not sure..i have finished a lot of bottles but that took me years and years, the ones i keep replacing the fastest (every other 5-6 months or so) seem to be égoïste, insensé and fahrenheit, and i do remember finishing 2 bottles(of each) of herrera for men, horizon, paco rabanne PH, and escape for men...and many one timers as well too much to mention (that now i'm getting again...or will get in the near future).

I'm going to have to go with FatTony. After going for the 100-125ml sprays, I realized I didn't even make a dent in them. Even my 50ml didn't seem to have a significant drop in juice. Now, I go for the 50ml, which might not even be finishable.

Blog Entries

If a frag is in a CONSTANT rotation for me, it takes about a year & a half to finish a 50ml bottle. This estimate is more for frags that fall out of favor for awhile & then I start wearing again, & less for frags that I adore & find very versatile.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have finished lots of bottles, simple because for years I only ever owned one or two at a time. They arec all in my wardrode under "owned". Some of those I have finished several bottles. I think I have done three bottles of chacharel!!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I used to buy large 3.4 Oz. bottles too .. but since realizing that they will last forever, now I only buy large bottles for fragrances which I like and which are hard to find in the US (like Creeds Orange Spice)
    -

I think it is only CoL here who can finish a bottle like you are supposed to

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I think it is only CoL here who can finish a bottle like you are supposed to
    2 weeks!?

During my L'Eau D'Issey-days in the 90's a bottle lasted about a year, I think I always bought the 75ml. Back then I was a "single scent guy" and wore 2-3 spritzes.

My mom went through a 100 ml. bottle of Lacoste PF last year from March 05' to this past January, and she's on her second. The funny thing is that I have her hooked now to the point where she'll probably never run out of anything again either! She jumped up to 7 or 8 bottles (because of me) in a month after wearing Chanel 5 & Lacoste her whole life! Haha...

i try not to have more than 3 or 4 bottles at the same time, so i get to finish them quite fast compared to most of you. I get a 100 ml bottle empty in about one year usually.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

My Lorenzo Villoresi "Uomo" in 50 ml. went bye- bye after a month. I still have the 100 ml.. .but then my collection has doubled since then.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Default Re: How long does it take you to finish a bottle?

I've finished 2 bottles a 30ml of Mat;male took about 3 years. A 50ml bottle of Platium Egoiste in 2 1/2 years. Working on a 75ml bottle of Cologne it's about a 1/4 full. Probably a few more months and it will be finished.

You'd have to ask someone from Finnland about that

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    My Lorenzo Villoresi "Uomo" in 50 ml. went bye- bye after a month. I still have the 100 ml.. .but then my collection has doubled since then.
    That sounds reasonable. I'd expect citrics or frags which you can apply massive amounts (i.e. Carven Vetiver or traditional colognes) you can run through in a short period of time.

I think I ran through a bottle of Chanel PM Concentree in about 2 weeks, albeit the bottle was leaky and I reapplied often.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I can remember finishing off only one bottle in the 20 years I've worn cologne. It was Obsession for Men, and I believe it took me a couple years.

I almost always buy the smallest bottle available, as I tend to get tired of most scents long before I've finished a bottle. The only exception to this is Gucci Rush for Men, which has probably about 20 applications left in the bottle. I bought it in late '00/early '01.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

I finished a 120 ml bottle of Gendarme in about 2 months. But then again, light scents such as Gendarme require liberal application.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    You'd have to ask someone from Finnland about that

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Aye, the Scandanavians drink like fishes.

I have about 7 bottles, and I think in the last 2 or 3 months I have finished 1 (Cool Water.) I keep buying more and more, so I don't see myself getting anywhere near finishing another one for perhaps a year or so.

I have finished a few bottles in about 2 months.I tend to spray at least 12 times initially and reapply every so often as long as Im out and about.SI carry my fragrance of the day in my car. When someone gets in and spots the bottle,they always want to try some.I always let them have several generous spritzs.Many in my collection of 36 bottles are getting low.I try to be conservative as I would rather buy a new fragrance than one I already have.Nevertheless, I cant help myself with some fragrances such as Dolce and Gabanna.This bottle is completely drained,but is officially a part of my collection.Bottles that Im sure I will never buy again will always have some juice in them.Im going to approximate how many bottles Ive used since the addiction has taken its hold.I will base this on 3.4 oz bottles used by fourths.