Code of Conduct

Default Perfumed drinks - will it happen one day?

After a long and hot day at the office I have just come out of a refreshing shower. I was using Dior Eau Sauvage shower gel and suddenly it struck me: HEY, I could really need a coooold drink with that "Sauvage taste" right now!!

So - a wierd question: Will the perfume makers produce drinks one day with perfume-flavour?

And if - which ones would you prefer?

Mic (gone crazy in the heat!).

PS. If you Dior, Lagerfeld, Yves etc read this........don't forget my 10%

Default Re: Perfumed drinks - will it happen one day?

I guess they will one day if it didn't already happen and i don't know...

Patsy Stone (from the brit tv show "Absolutely fabulous") drinks Chanel n.5!! LOL...

anything with orange blossoms and gin and/or scotch would be fine with me!

Silver Mountain Water!

Tea and blackcurrants...yum!

there was a recent thread on japanese perfumes chewing gums...
    -

The closest thing to drinking a perfume to me right now is Red Bull. It actually has sillage. I still drink it once in a while.

I was quite stunned when I read that Essential oils can also be eaten or drunk. I have a small paper reading that you can pour some drops in your favourite drink or mineral water or pour some drops on lump sugar. True!
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Yeah.. coconuts and pineapple!! Perfect for a HOT day like today. I"m in a tropical state of mind today. :-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

yumm imagine drinking your kouros on the rocks....pure musk and urine! ewww

Thrax

I really want a see a "fragrance pill" that would make the oil that your body releases to be scented. Since it is oil, and your body is always producing it somewhere on your body it would last longer than A*Men!! When you started to sweat or get hot it would bring the scent back to life as well!

Thrax

double post
    Last edited by Thrax; 26th July 2006 at 09:45 PM.

Creed Spring Flower would make a refreshing drink for a pleasant afternoon, while A*Men (chilled) would make for a great mocha coffee drink or a milkshake !
    -

If someone gives me the whole Lutens line collection, I`ll drink a large bottle of Old Spice, bottle of Kouros for a desert, and then say "yum yum" with the (fake) smile on my face.

Deal?

It has been happening for hundreds of years.

Vetiver soda.

Khus Sharbat
    Seltzer
    Ice

http://indiaspicehouse.shopclassic.c...ProductID=3729

Or try adding rose water to limeade or lemonade.

Blog Entries

Or some ice cream & Pi
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Many recent perfume smells like edible stuff, someday we will have designer drinks from those high fashion houses for sure!

I remember reading a news about perfume that uses all natural notes that can be sprayed all over your body - it minimises the possiblilty of being poisoned when someone is licking and kissing you all over.

shaken, not stirred, please!

Earl grey tea is black tea perfumed with bergamot

There is violet gum & mints, at least the mints ... Chowards.

At a Moraccan restaurant I've had a rose drink.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I was quite stunned when I read that Essential oils can also be eaten or drunk. I have a small paper reading that you can pour some drops in your favourite drink or mineral water or pour some drops on lump sugar. True!
    I wouldn't actually try this people... most essential oils are not safe for consumption... not sure where you got this info from... this might work with lemon or orange essential oil.. or obvious ones like that but theres plenty that it would be pure death to try with...

btw a store beside my house sells a yerbamate beverage. its..... decent.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    If someone gives me the whole Lutens line collection, I`ll drink a large bottle of Old Spice, bottle of Kouros for a desert, and then say "yum yum" with the (fake) smile on my face.

Deal?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I'm not drinking patchouli!!!!!!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by czesc
    I wouldn't actually try this people... most essential oils are not safe for consumption... not sure where you got this info from... this might work with lemon or orange essential oil.. or obvious ones like that but theres plenty that it would be pure death to try with...

Exactly! Don't even think of drinking your essential oils! Not even citrus ones - Bergamot for example are toxic even in tiny amount!

OK. I found that small paper where I read about eating or drinking essential oils. It's called "Aromance - An introduction to aromatherapy."

Here the ones they say you can pour on lump sugar or add to drinks:

Bergamot
    Blood Orange
    Eucalyptus
    Spruce Needles
    Citron

Here the ones they don't recommend for it:

Grapefruit
    Lavendar
    Lemongrass
    Lime
    Tangerine
    Orange
    Ylang Ylang
    Cinnamon
    Lemon Balm
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Bergamot is toxic!

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:N...u&ct=clnk&cd=4

Read the lab research above. Its a pdf, but I link to the html.

Its toxic when digested and is also semi-toxic when apply on skin which may explained why its going to be banned like oakmoss.

Yes. Some cooks use it in cooking. I'd imagine you might want to investigate toxicity of course before doing so...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour
    Exactly! Don't even think of drinking your essential oils! Not even citrus ones - Bergamot for example are toxic even in tiny amount!
    Don't they use bergamot oil in (yucky) Earl Grey tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrax
    I really want a see a "fragrance pill" that would make the oil that your body releases to be scented. Since it is oil, and your body is always producing it somewhere on your body it would last longer than A*Men!! When you started to sweat or get hot it would bring the scent back to life as well!
    And when you went to the bathroom, there would be no need to spray that Glade air freshener...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

The notion of "perfumed drinks" is probably one of the main reasons I've found wine to be a parallel addiction

Cheers,
    Jim

Don't worry fragrance fans and bergamot fans....look, anything is harmful according to MSDS spec. sheets. I work in medical imaging and our developer and fixers are twice as harmful as Bergamot oil is suppoedly...and acetic acid is main component of our fixer material...according to MSDS at least twice as harmful as bergamot...Acetic Acid is vinegar for those who aren't chemically knowledgeable...the MSDS things are hogwash....I'm not saying go out an ingest the stuff....but all that crap about inspiration...only if you were to submerge and suck it into your lungs...very misleading.

MSDS is just a safety thing for companies who don't want to be sued when a letigious scumbag wants to sue for their mistakes...everyone knows when they go down a well, they risk significant injury...ESPECIALLY chronic lung trouble..

I have a bottle of 100% natural Bergamot essential oil. I actually recommended it to members here a few months ago especially for people who enjoy Creed's MI.

The smell of the oil is potent enough to use as a perfume on its own, so sometimes I dabbed a few drops on my neck - Bergamot is the main key ingredient of MI, its what makes the topnotes so invigorating.

Then I found out that the oil is photo-toxic when its exposed to sunlight. It will also cause rash and discoloration when applied on the skin undiluted. I stop using it immediately.

Last week a member posted a thread about essential oils that will be prohibited from perfumery - Bergamot being one of them. I did a little research on the subject and came across many different opinions regarding Bergamot oil. Bergamot is THE most common note in men's fragrance, so I think most members here will have some concern of its usage in perfume.

On every website on the Internet, photo-toxicity of Bergamot is an establish fact. But since perfume uses extremely diluted bergamot, theres no need to be concern about it. Regarding oral ingestion, there are conflicting reports - I tend to trust scientific sources more than aromatherapists' guidelines. However, most of them will advise avoiding consuming essential oils.

Theres one good reason not to drink Bergamot - it is use as an insecticide!

Well,

A very simple response here - if you compare a bottle of Campari for exemple and a bottle of Kouros there is here a similarity - both are made with alcohol and both made to a certain recipe.

If you make a "Pink Lady" Cocktail you are mixing flavoured alcohols together to make a taste "a cocktail"

And here we go - the answer is here !!!!

laurent
    Invisible Power