0. You may not vote on this poll
  • deleted

0 0%
  • deleted

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fake Creed

Default Fake Creed

I won an ebay auction for a 4oz bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed. My winning bid was $43. Not bad, right? Well, I got the package today. Box looks real, bottle looks real, but there is no plastic seal. That is the first bad sign. But I didn't think much of it until I sprayed it. Upon first spraying it I notice that the top notes aren't quite as green or strong as usual (I've tested GIT a couple of times). Then, as it's drying down, it doesn't smell as rich or as warm as the authentic GIT heart and basenotes are supposed to smell. It is also just overall a lot weaker than usual. I slathered myself in it and I can't even smell it very well. Granted, I have a bit of a stuffed up nose today, so I'm not throwing out accusations just yet, I'm just wondering what the chances are that it's fake. I'm really dissaointed that on what should be a glorious day (I also recieved my bottle of TdH and it is perfect) I have to worry about this kind of crap. The ebay seller is bisys00, and he has a 98.4% positive feedback rating. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Fake Creed

I was going to buy one of his bottles.

Now I won't, just because I'm paranoid.

most people don't notice fakes or post feedback before they do or don't post negatives as they don't want a negative back ruining their own feedback. My advice is don't buy from anyone with even one feedback saying fake.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

One more problem with my bottle- the cap is way looser than the cap on my Epicea. It doesn't fit quite right and isn't snug enough. Is that just a difference between the 2.5oz and 4oz bottles? I ask because my bottle of Epicea is 2.5oz. Oy, this sucks. I think I'm going to give it a couple of days and a couple wearings before I make any final judgement and possibly decide to bring this fool down.

i'm not sure, but i think this is the same seller i warned another basenoter about the other day (and, i think, giraffe, you actually posted in the same thread). bummer.

File a complaint with Ebay. I think their is a thread that shows how you can tell fake Creed's or not (Oliver Creed may have mentioned it in an interview). If he advertises it as Creed and it's not, Ebay should interfere.

I wouldn't trust this seller AT ALL! Dig into his feedback and all the neutrals and negatives are complaints about fakes and diluted scents.

Besides, 98.4 isn't a great rating for a seller. Look for 99.5 and above and READ what the negatives are about.

[QUOTE=ziffy321]I wouldn't trust this seller AT ALL! Dig into his feedback and all the neutrals and negatives are complaints about fakes and diluted scents.

Besides, 98.4 isn't a great rating for a seller. Look for 99.5 and above and READ what the negatives are about.[/QUOT

Seeing as many of us are always trying to sniff out a good deal on ebay, I think we should have a specific section or at least sticky thread dealing with this topic of non authentic juice. That way when someone spots for example SMW with 3 hours left and only at 12.99 we don't have to start new threads asking if anyone has experience with the seller. Just a suggestion. If your fears prove true Giraffe, bring him down!

What plastic seal? Creeds don't HAVE plastic seals on them.

I went through this with Himalaya last year. I thought I had gotten a bad bottle. Now, I'm not sure. Creeds are really weird-- Like MI for example. I cried and cried that my MI was so weak and it didn't last. Well, after a few weeks I realized over time that it DID last much longer than I originally thought. Also when I was convinced my Himalaya was bad, I did the worst thing possible-- I doused myself with it, trying to smell it (Some of the Creeds, you get to a point where when you spray a lot, you almost find that you can't smell them at all). So here I was DOUSING myself with Himalaya, and so, the more you do that, the more Himalaya will NOT ever smell how it's supposed to. After a period of time, I put it away, came back to it and sniffed... and it was MUCH closer to how I recall Himalaya as being intended to smell.

Also, with regards to the caps-- the caps on all of the 4oz Creeds I've ever owned or seen have just not fit very well. That's just how it is. It's how they're made.

I know I've flipped out before because of the mentality of "this Creed is bad/fake"--and I'm sure some of them are, but I think probably your bottle is actually OK.

Plus another thing. Sometimes when a fragrance comes off of a hot delivery truck, it tends to smell a bit different than it normally does.

I just my bottle of GIT but from a different seller (njbestsale). All his GIT's have slighlty cracked caps as did mine. I did a smelling test on a decant I have of GIT and the one I just got. I sprayed them on one of those smelling paper strips. The decant is definitley more full bodied smelling. The new bottle has a slightly less warm and full smell. I have heard that Creed vary in smell sometimes though.

1 hour later: After spraying decant on left hand and ebay GIT on right an hour ago, both have faded a lot. (GIT really doesn't last very long at all) I have come to the conclusion that there are differences mainly in the amount of body of the scent but the inherent quality of the scent seems to be present in the ebay bottle also. It's a tough call. I do tend to think it is real at this point though.
    Last edited by mentallo; 27th July 2006 at 05:01 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Does your GIT has a year of manufacture stamped on it? Also, does are there Arabic words on the box?

There is no date on the bottle tiself but there is arabic writing on the box.
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",

The year of manufacture is on the box as well, check and see if its a new or old bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    I just my bottle of GIT but from a different seller (njbestsale). All his GIT's have slighlty cracked caps as did mine. I did a smelling test on a decant I have of GIT and the one I just got. I sprayed them on one of those smelling paper strips. The decant is definitley more full bodied smelling. The new bottle has a slightly less warm and full smell. I have heard that Creed vary in smell sometimes though.

1 hour later: After spraying decant on left hand and ebay GIT on right an hour ago, both have faded a lot. (GIT really doesn't last very long at all) I have come to the conclusion that there are differences mainly in the amount of body of the scent but the inherent quality of the scent seems to be present in the ebay bottle also. It's a tough call. I do tend to think it is real at this point though.
    That's where I bought mine, which has not arrived yet. Perhaps the stuff is real but past shelf-life or faultily stored or something. I have no means to compare, but I'll report.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I'm waiting on SMW, same seller. I'll report when I get it.

I asked the seller about the difference in smell and he told me "there is no fake creed in the market yet ,so do not worry u got good one".

No fake creed in the market yet?! HUH? I hope that was sarcasm....I know I've only been on here a short while but I can think of countless threads attesting to this or at least a concern...toss up, basenotes readers, subscribers, members, or random e-bay seller...well, consider me old fashioned but I haven't trusted e-bay for shit.

Hate to say it but I've kind of lost trust with Creed or more directly, the sellers of Creed. I've been burned before and have read so many of these threads. It's unfortunate because some of the frags are really wonderful.... just my honest feelings.

I would likely have to go to Creed direct in France and buy it from the home base. Too bad department stores around me don't carry it as I tend to trust department stores and where their products come from.

Thanks for all the helpful posts guys. I hate to say it, but it still doesn't smell that great. It's possible that I just don't like GIT as much as I thought I did, but I can't help but feel like it's at least diluted. Indie, you do have some good points though. I agree that many fragrances-Creed more than included- can be tempermental and just need patience. I'm still warry though...
    Somehow there is only one store around that sells Creed, so I'll make the trip today or tomorrow and possibly bring the bottle with me and ask the people at the store about it. I can also conduct a side by side comparison. This store is also the only one I know of that carries Egoiste, which is incentive to go as it is. If they are nice about helping me with the Creed I'll prolly buy a bottle of Ego from them. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out.

Too bad department stores around me don't carry it as I tend to trust department stores and where their products come from.
    You can buy Creeds online from Neiman Marcus:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...t000293&cmCat=
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

There are good and bad updates. Here goes.
    Good news: It is starting to smell a little better. I put on a clean shirt and that helped. Still though, it isn't quite the same...
    Bad News: Ya'know how on the bottle itself below where it says "Green Irish Tweed" there is that blurb in French "DE PERE EN FILS DEPUIS 1760 etc., well the D in DE is just a dim outline and isn't raised and the E is fading too, as is the left leg of the R in the word Paris. I don't know how worried this should make me, but it seems like a pretty bad sign.

Question: where is the date supposed to be? I can't find it anywhere.

Current feelings: The box seems legit and is possibly real but I fear the bottle and juice were replicas made by someone who is pretty good but not good enough. I am open to the possibility that it is in fact real though. If the scent keeps improving (I swear it should be stronger) then I'll be more likely to believe that it's real.

Creed should take a much more active role in thwarting fakes. I have passed up numerous offers of Creed that seemed to good to be true, or maybe just a little too good to be safe. Of course, it might not matter to Creed what happens to the customers: once the bottles are out the door, they can count their money.

All it would take is a watermark, a hologram, a real serial number, etc etc to easily verify the authenticity of a Creed bottle. But here we are, completely abandoned by the company, examining our damn boxes to make sure that we weren't ripped off. What other companies care less about people copying their product? Music labels sue people everyday for sharing music online, and those people aren't even making money from sharing! See how long you can sell homemade t-shirts with a Nike logo on them before Nike's legal team contacts you.

Perfumery is one strange little planet.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

There is not always a date. The story that a Creed reseller told someone here is that a date is not stamped on the box if the product leaves the factory in the same calendar year as the year of manufacture. Of course, the same reseller also stated that Creeds were made using the finest "natural perfume oils"; apparently not realizing that the term "natural perfume oil" is an oxymoron.

Creed should take a much more active role in thwarting fakes.
    Just buy from an authorized distributor such as Neiman Marcus.

[/QUOTE]The ebay seller is bisys00, and he has a 98.4% positive feedback rating. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Here is a useful tool that will allow you to call up negatives and neutrals (even withdrawn ones) earned by ebayers;
    http://www.toolhaus.org/
    If you look up your seller here, you can see that there are others who complained.

Could somebody post a picture of one their Creed GIT box with a close up of the green felt logo? I am just wondering if the "I" in IRISH looks like a "F" also.

Thanks

Mentallo, mine does do. I believe that is the way it is supposed to look. I looked at close-ups of the pictures on online stores and they look that way.

Lily, that is an awesome tool! Thanks so much, from now on I'll use it every time I use ebay in the future.
    I have to say though, none of the feedback is all that incriminating. None of it says anything about a problem with Green Irish Tweed specifically, and a few of the comments seem like they are from boneheads. So far the smell of the juice is a much bigger worry for me than the comments that have been posted thus far.

Just a heads up that creed themselves are not perfect. I bought some royal scottish lavender from one of the most legitimate sources there is and it had "scottish" misspelled on the bottom of the bottle. This stuff was definately genuine.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Giraffe, I sympathise with you as you seem to be in torment over whether this fragrance is genuine or not. And sadly you may never know for sure.

If there's anything to be learned it seems to be that with a discount price comes risk and uncertainty. If you want peace of mind you have to pay a premium. Perhaps not department store sized, but at least reputable retailer sized.

[QUOTE=The_Giraffe]

QUOTE]

All my Creeds have a year stamped on it. Its above that block of text - "Ces essences et absolus de lieurs...etc" - Theres a rectangle box above those text and the year is in there. Its stamped, not printed with ink.

Also, underneath the box there's a sticker with serial numbers.

That rectangle is empty on my on my box and there is no serial number.

I also just wrote a email to Aedes in NYC (they are like 10 minutes away from me) to see if they would be willing to take a look at the Creed GIT I bought on ebay to see if it is a fake. I also asked them about the Date and Serial number on the boxes. Once I hear back I will post the answer.

M
    Last edited by mentallo; 28th July 2006 at 03:36 PM.

If you do a search in the Male Fragrance Discussionon with the keywords
    date box

you will find many posts re Creed authenticity, boxes, dates etc. There is seemingly no consistency in the packaging of seemingly authentic Creeds and the company is of no help.

For example:
    http://www.community.basenotes.net/s...light=date+box

and many others.

My bottle of GIT arrived today from New Joisy. Cost me 60$ plus 19.99 for shipping at 120ml. The seller was njbestsale.
    From what I can tell after close inspection of carton and bottle this is genuine Creed. Contrary to my other Creed boxes, this one has little "Creed" relief impregnations all over the cardboard. Older design or GIT-specific?

But:

The cracked cap broke on transport, perfume spilled and messed up the box. No longer suitable as a gift. Traces of the broken plastic cap mixed with spilled juice (man, I wish Creed would use metal or at least a high-quality plastic, those caps are so crappy) left a black smeary film on the bottle and in the box.

Much worse: The spray mechanism does not work. I cannot say, of course, wether this resulted from rough handling during shipping also, or was broken to begin with. Anyway, I'll have to break the bottle to get at the juice.

From the spillage the entire package smelled intensely of perfume. Like a letter from Cary Grant, harhar. This is certainly alot like Cool Water, it's quite strong, so perhaps it's real GIT (or real Cool Water ).

Well, I guess I'll decant this into a nice atomizer and keep the bottle as a memento of the price you have to pay for super discounts sometime. While I'm disappointed, I am not angry - I knew I was taking a risk.

I will ask the seller about the spray mechanism. Obviously I can't return this at except if he's willing to pay for the postage.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

All,

I too bought from bisys on Ebay; in fact, GIT and SMW for near similar prices as the owner of this thread. I received the GIT a few days ago and noticed the same characteristics described earlier. Seems legit, just real, real...real old. I'm gonna find a sample from Neiman Marcus to compare but I'm totally convinced that the one I have is stale to the high heavens. I know I've read that GIT doesn't last long, but the one I have not only does not last long, the afternotes are so weak, its near rancid.

On the possible bright side, I bought MI from a discounter in Los Angeles and so far I am pleased. Like most Creed reviews, it only lasts a few hours. The box had the "date" stamp and the MI seems fresh and fantastic. However, this too could be just a real good knock off. I'll report later to give an update. Seems to me that Neiman's is the only in person, "100% risk free" place to buy Creed, unfortunately, at the ridiculous price.

That said, I think we should start a thread promoting good sellers while also exposing the fakes. I've read a few times that scentiments.com seems to sell legit Creed at discount prices, but I haven't personally purchased anything from them.

The main difference between GIT and Cool Water is that GIT smells a lot more like "grass" in its middle notes, while Cool Water smells fresh and maybe a bit minty.

GREEN IRISH TWEED = TWEED = grassy.

Surely Davidoff wouldnt be as foolish so as to have a fragrance called COOL WATER smell like grass. The similarity is only in the top notes; the middle notes (grassy vs. fresh) and the drydown are totally different.
    -

I decided to send a diplomatic message to the guy. I said that I would rather work this out than give him negative feedback. I told him that I would be happy if he sent me a fresh, legitimate bottle of Green Irish Tweed. If not, I will need a prompt refund. If he won't send me a good bottle I will probably give him negative or at best neutral feedback. Even if the Creed isn't a fake, it sure doesn't smell right. He should have better stock. If he does send me a legit bottle though, then I will probably give him positive feedback but note in the feedback that he initially sent me a bad bottle but then was nice about replacing it. The most important thing is that you all know to be wary. I'll let y'all know how this goes.

The guy replied, and based on what he said the result makes sense. He says that his stuff is leftover stock from stores and that he doesn't know how old or fresh/not fresh it is. Makes perfect sense. While he could have been friendlier, he did at least offer me a refund. After everything is said and done with the refund he will definately be getting feedback that notes the poor quality of the juice.

The guys at Aedes got back to me. Here is what they wrote in their very nice email.

"Thank you for your message. I checked our boxes from Creed, NYC distributrion
    center and they all have Made in France on them, a lot/serial # and some of
    them show in imprint on the box - on the back side of the box - the year made!

We'd be happy to look at a fragrance and do a "scent comparison", if you bring
    it in. Yes, absolutely. There are several versions/rumors as to where the
    fakes come from and Olivier Creed is aware of that for quite some time and
    they are trying all they can do to stop this.....

Kind regards,

Robert"

So I guess I will make a quick trip over there one of these days and have them check out the my GIT from "njbestsale" from ebay. I will post once I come back from meeting with them.

M

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    Contrary to my other Creed boxes, this one has little "Creed" relief impregnations all over the cardboard. Older design or GIT-specific?
    I think this is actually a feature of later packaging. The older boxes had textured paper without the crest pattern.

I got my SMW from bidsys00. It is absolutely FAKE. The sprayer is not the correct size, the juice smells WATERED down, and the engraving on the cap is not even close. Also, the white paint is peeling off the bottle. It is complete shite. The white paint is not even applied evenly. I emailed him for a refund and reported the item as counterfeit to ebay.

patelt78 could you post some pictures of the box and bottle?

M

So, I finally got the motivation to read this whole post. Just thought I'd add what my Creed Orange Spice box looks like, which I bought from a seller with 100% feedback.
    • There are little embossed Creed logos all over the box.
    • The front of the box, where the name is located, is felt.
    • It has a lot stamp, that stamp is on the bottom not the back, the stamp would have mine most likely a 2005 bottle.
    • There was no plastic seal on the box. From what I understand, Creed boxes are not sealed like that. (Though if, as Aedes says, Creed is doing all they can to stop counterfeiting, then why not seal them with a hard-to-duplicate seal?)
    • I have no date stamp on my box. I found it interesting that Aedes said "some" of their boxes have the date stamped on the back. I guess that means if you don't have the stamp, it doesn't help in determining whether or not it's a fake. (This wipes out a lot of claims that are based on that item alone.)
    • The sprayer works fine and sprays a huge amount, just like the ones I have used at Saks.
    • The cap fits snugly and has a gold Creed crown logo insert on the top of it.
    • There were Creed paper inserts in the package that give the house's history and mini-bios on the Creed family members.
    • The bottle has the Creed logo, "Made in France," and "Creed" raised as part of the bottle - the latter two on the bottom of the bottle. The logo on the front appears to be painted gold.
    I'm 100% convinced mine is genuine, based on seller reputation, smell, and appearance. All-in-all, I would say Indie is right. Many of these bottles that people report as fakes are not fakes, so much as different years of Creeds. The packaging seems to change over the years, and in past threads people here have even complained about inconsistency from one year to the next.

Furthermore, it would seem it would be very time-consuming to fake this level of detail on the bottle and packaging. Most importantly, it would probably be more expensive than just buying a bunch of overstock Creeds from a warehouse and reselling them. I mean, who would design and print boxes with so much detail? Printing costs a lot of money. Not to mention printing felt and applying it to the boxes, which have the embossed Creed logos all over them. And that's not getting to the bottle itself. Or the juice that smells too close to call.

I guess someone could have stolen a bunch of Creed boxes and empty bottles, or had them made, or gone through the trash to find them, then had someone make fake juice, and put it into the bottles, and machine seal the bottles, and package them, but doesn't that seem like a lot of work to sell something at a discounted rate anyway?

I say if it's close, it's almost surely legit. And if it's a fake, you'll know it, not just suspect it.

Having gone through the whole process of purchasing a "bargain" GIT on EBay a few months ago, my recommendation is what was mentioned earlier: if you want a QUALITY bottle of Creed, purchase it at a quality location like Neiman Marcus, where the perfume inventory sells and is constantly replenished with fresh stock. With respect to Creed, it would appear that the only "bargains" available are from old stock, and the Creeds do not seem to hold up to age well.

Sure, you pay a high price, but you get the quality!

You get what you pay for ...
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

I'm glad I came across this thread! I was just about to bid on some Creed from bisys00 as well.

Is it generally alright to purchase it from more reputable online places like scentmonkey or scentiments? The discounts are still nicer than Neiman's.

All other arguments notwithstanding, the Creed house notes are pretty easy to pick out. Admittedly I've only experienced a total of 3 Creed scents. Tabarome, GIT, and Citrus Bigarrande. However all three are of considerably different character and yet there's that certain 'something' within each that is the same. And it's pretty easy to pick out. Which makes me wonder, does anyone associate the house note taking on the olfactory properties of a urinal that hasn't been flushed recently? LOL. It's a bit offputting when you're nose is right on your arm smelling that, but somehow it makes the whole fragrance 'pop'. Go figure. Probably just me, I realize. Well...Maybe a few other people..Tops..

Default Creed Date On Box or Not

I posted about this in the "fake creed" thread and did some research on this issue. There really seems to be no consensus, and I'd like opinions from the experts in one thread so that others could easily find the answer in the future -- if there is an answer. My personal issue is Creed OV, which I bought from a reputable store (at least I assume so), love the frag., and all seems ok, but there was no date on the box (only a place for a date on a label, but the label is blank). Also I received no booklet, but I don't consider that a big red flag since the box was unsealed -- why the heck doesn't Creed seal the box??? Even my $12 box of Iceberg Twice was sealed in a beautiful box. A good plastic seal would present at least a small problem for bootleggers.

Default Re: Creed Date On Box or Not

I have lots of creeds, mostly from highly reputable sellers; specialist perfume shops, department stores etc and a few off the 'bay. there seems to be no pattern, some have dates some don't. I wonder if they contract out the packaging to the lowest bidder on a yearly basis or something??

reviews

Default Real or Fake Creed MI

I just bought Creed MI from fragrancenet.com. The gold plating is coming off the back and it didn't have the pamphlet inside. Besides that it looks and smells real to me. The SMW I bought on scentiments and the small GIT I bought at Neiman Marcus. Caps all look the same besides the colors. On another thread some one stated that the cap and the top insert should be different colors. Mine aren't but I do no think that matters. I know for sure the GIT is real but the SMW and MI and am not sure. The box looks real also according to the other post on how to tell if box is fake. Anyone have any opinions?
    Last edited by gmm150; 21st October 2006 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Real or Fake Creed MI

I have pics but do not know how to display. Can anyone help with that? Thanks.

Default Re: Real or Fake Creed MI

If it smells like it should, what's the difference? Fragrancenet.com and Scentiments.com has not sold a fake item to any Basenoters yet and they're generally well regarded online retailers. Posting pics is possible, just add the [img] thing at the ends of the image location html. For example:

[img]www.blahblahblah.com/fakeitem.jpeg[/img]

Default Is this SMW for real?

Got this off ebay from someone who said it was a present, bought at Neiman Marcus. Smells right, and it doesn't have any of the defects listed on the fake creed thread
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed

No spelling mistakes, the cap is two pieces with the plastic inside, the sprayer is the right size and not a screw on - however it does have this weird faded ring around the emblem of the cap, and the silver colour is a little faded.

I imagine it's not real, or at least the cap isn't.

What do you wise and experienced people think?

Default Re: Is this SMW for real?

Is the paint on the bottle chipping?

No, not at all, it doesn't even seem like paint, it seems like the bottle is made from white ceramic.

The thing that's weird is the weird faded ring around the emblem on the cap.

I say if it smells like a load of blackcurrants with a hint of tea, its the real thing.
    -

Looking at my own SMW, I would say it's real. How about a picture of the bottom?

yeah has it got a lot number on the bottom? mine has a slight gap around the emblem, maybe someone thought that was wrong and tried to fill it with something?

reviews

No number at the bottom, just says Creed Made in France Paris Hp 6

I'll take a pictuer and post it when I get the chance.

Hirsch, what do you mean by a gap near the emblem?

The sprayer has a really nice soft touch and you can really control how much goes on.

Here's the "ass" of the bottle

I find this to be a really strange scent. It's funny, I know what people mean by the Creed "house note". It's kind of like the way that all aftershave lotions have a similar tinge to them, even if they have nothing to do with eachother, inherent in the lotion itself and not the fragrance oils.

There was one reviewer who complained that it smelled like teabags under your armpits, and I agree, though I like it! I don't like the opening though. I never liked lemon in my tea! Once it settles down, it's nice and smooth, which I like, and it has decent longevity which is unusual on me.