0 0%
  • deleted

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fake Creed

Default Re: Is this SMW for real?

Looks real to me

This is a genuine Creed product. I've seen many knock-offs of the Creeds.

Another vote for 'real'. I don't see anything fishy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    Another vote for 'real'. I don't see anything fishy about it.
    I'm glad everyone thinks it's real and thanks for your input, but what about that ring around the emblem on the cap. It's in the 4th photo - it's all faded there. Does anyone else have that on their bottle cap?

what is the ring made of?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    what is the ring made of?
    It's a fading of the metallic paint on the cap.

Here is a question for you....
    I have a 4oz bottle of MI and when the sprayer leaked when I sprayed upside down....the gold paint seems to have been eaten away...is this a fake?
    I bought it from Parfumsraffy so I would think not....everything about the bottle is thae same as others I have....it smells like it should.."I think"

Yep, looks good to me.

Default Re: Fake Creed

As I was checking my own box and bottle of a recently purchased 'Himalya', I noticed something that indicates to me that it is genuine.

I found two small 1/8" x 1" foil strips which, when peeled off, reveal the small, metal, 'anti-theft' strips. One was on the bottom of the box. The other on the back, bottom ridge of the bottle itself. Centered in the concave area.

I figure, no one is going to bother with this (especially two of them) to protect a fake.

Be well,
    Serendeep

Default Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

I recently saw a too good to be true offer on Ebay for a few bottles of GIT and SMW, being that Creed can dig a hole in your pockets price wise I couldn’t let this slip by me. I bought three bottles from three different sellers thinking that sense I Had such good luck with purchasing items from Clair (Creed direct) that maybe I could get lucky again. I guess the saying “if it’s too good to be true then it usually is” is a very true saying. Both of the bottles of GIT were fakes and the SMW was a fake. I received the GIT first in the mail and I had never smelled it before so I was blinded by excitement. I sprayed the juice on me and it smelled great and I was amazed at what I had been missing out on. The next day the SMW came in and the new bottle was just a replacement for my bottle that was running out. I sprayed the SMW on me and I asked myself what the hell is this and I knew it was a knock off. I then decided to compare the bottles and you can’t really tell any differences until you look at the metal neck of the bottle. The knockoffs metal neck it much smaller than the authentic, I compared it to Erolfa, SMW, and Himalaya and they were all bigger. I then looked at the sprayer and noticed that was also constructed differently. The knockoff didn’t spray as good as a mist as the authentic bottles. I just wanted to inform you guys to watch out on Ebay because there is a big serge of fake Creed being sold and you can tell by the drop in prices. I must say that the fake GIT does smell good ha ha ha I wonder how good the real thing must smell. I gotta get me a bottle

Default Re: Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

Thanks for taking the time to provide all the info. I also got a fake bottle on EBay and have to admit it smells great. You might want to search threads as there is a ton of info on fake creeds here. Welcome to BN and thanks.

Default Real or Fake Creed MI

Hi everyone!
    I just bought a Creed Millesime Imperial tester from perfume.com. It smells legit, but reading all those fake creed threads on here has made me paranoid so I want to make sure with you all.

Here is a picture of it (sorry about the quality, only have scanner for now)

In case you cant read the bottle, the front of the bottle reads:
    "DE PERE EN FILS DEPUIS 1760
    38,AV. PIERRE 1ER DE SERBIE PARIS"

Thanks!

Question Re: Is this SMW for real?

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    No, not at all, it doesn't even seem like paint, it seems like the bottle is made from white ceramic.
    I recently purchased a NIB 4 oz. SMW on eBay, and my bottle is definitely white painted glass, not white ceramic (there's a very small chip of paint missing from the bottom of the bottle when I first opened it). The spray mechanism is similar to the one in the above photos (bolted on, not screwed on). But unlike my genuine GIT, MI, OV, and Himalaya bottles, the sprayer only sprays quick bursts instead of long, fine mists. The box that this came in is all white with only the silver decal that says "Silver Mountain Water..." adhered to the front. I've seen boxes of SMW that have this style, and I've seen some that have the "crown" symbol and the raised border/frame around the SMW decal painted silver, not white. Also, this bottle fits SO SNUG in the box, I have a VERY difficult time pulling the bottle out!

The main thing that struck me about this particular bottle of SMW is that is smells more "alcohol-y" and far less "creamy" than my previous sample of (legit) SMW (I still have some legit juice left to do a side-by-side comparison). Could my 4 ouncer be a fake, or maybe just gone bad?
    David and Becca forever!!

Caesar, I can't tell from the pics...with the bottle standing straight up is the sprayer also straight up, or does it "tilt" a little? I have seen fake bottles with sprayers that look like they were put on crooked but I've never seen a genuine SMW with a crooked sprayer.

Best regards,
    Mike

It's straight - from what everyone said here (this is an old thread) I'm pretty sure mine is real. But dav-here, who just posted is the one who needs assistance right now, so everyone pay attention to him!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Angry Re: Is this SMW for real?

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    It's straight - from what everyone said here (this is an old thread) I'm pretty sure mine is real. But dav-here, who just posted is the one who needs assistance right now, so everyone pay attention to him!
    Thanks, Caesar.

Upon closer inspection of both the bottle and the box, I have determined that my new 4 oz. SMW is definitely a fake. The giveaways? Not only does the crown logo on the top of the cap look different than the ones on my other 5 genuine Creeds, but the same misspellings that were mentioned for spotting fake Green Irish (Frich) Tweed boxes are also on the back of this particular box!

I've already emailed the seller asking for a refund (his auction description said "100% Guarantee", and he has a 99.5% positive feedback rating). I'm awaiting for his reply.

Buyers beware, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    . . . The box that this came in is all white with only the silver decal that says "Silver Mountain Water..." adhered to the front... Could my 4 ouncer be a fake, or maybe just gone bad?
    I've never observed an authentic Creed box with a decal label.

My vote =
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Do you have a picture of the box?

Exclamation Re: Is this SMW for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Do you have a picture of the box?
    Unfortunately, I don't have one at the moment. But if you go to ebay.com and search for Silver Mountain Water in the Health & Beauty category, you will see many SMWs for sale. Some have a white box with the crown logo and border around the fragrance name in silver (check the ones being sold by eBayer "double_value"), and some boxes that are all white with the silver decal (check the ones being sold by "fragrancealley", where I've bought authentic Creeds from before, but not SMW). The "mostly white box" with the misspellings on the back is the box mine came in.

BTW, the eBayer that sold me that 4 oz. SMW in question here, has sent me a full refund (thank goodness!!).

double_value is a total rip-off artist. He tried to sell me a fake GIT, and then when I caught him he asked me to give him positive feedback for being honest. What?
    You are not your perfume.

Yeah Double_Value is notorious for selling fakes. If you bought it from him it's a fake.

These are the 2 versions of SMW boxes I've seen online: A "mostly white" version, and one with a silver border around the name.

The version that I recently received (and returned) was the "mostly white" version, with the misspelled French words on the back (same misspellings as are found on the back of fake GIT boxes). Is it safe to assume that all the ones being sold in the "mostly white" boxes are fakes? Did everyone's genuine SMW come in the "silver bordered" box?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dav-here; 20th May 2007 at 12:39 AM.

I recently bought a fake Silver Mountain Water from ebay. I contacted Creed's US store with the sellers name but never heard back. Ebay told me it was between the seller and I, and the seller ignored my emails. Ebay is the largest seller of counterfit items on the planet and they don't care because they are getting their cut even if it's fake. The only time ebay would care is if the legal department of a corporation was breathing down their neck.

Even if you go by the pictures of the box, you still have a good chance of being ripped off on ebay. A lot of times they use Creed's actual stock photos of the products instead of taking new digital photos.

So, bottom line is make sure you only order Creed from legit sellers.
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Monkey View Post
    Even if you go by the pictures of the box, you still have a good chance of being ripped off on ebay.
    True. But again, I ask you all: Which box version does genuine SMW normally come in?

Mine is real and it is in the silver one.

It's funny, all this talk about the silver border on the front of the box. The one Creed that I have that I suspected anything fishy about was my Tabarome Millesime that I got from Scentiments. (And this is the only one-- all of the 11 other Creeds I've gotten from them, I never had a doubt).

The reason being this. Only on the box for my Tabarome Millesime is there no silver coloring on the border around the Tabarome decal. Also there is no coloring where the Price of Wales crest/ plume thingy is above that-- All the other boxes have this embossed area colored in some way or another. There are no spelling errors and the box looks otherwise perfect. The juice however just smells kind of weird. Not necessarily bad. When I tried it against the tester at Neimans, it seemed just a tad different. A different balance in the notes. Also, everything else about the bottle, sprayer, and juice was exactly like that of all the other Creeds I've seen.

Really it's the box on this one that bugs me just a bit. Because it doesn't seem like a fake at all. I have heard that Tabarome does go off quickly and this box was stamped 2005. The juice does strike me as slightly more bergamot/less ginger than the tester. Who knows. But yeah, Tabarome is the only Creed I've gotten that I'm a bit iffy about.

Red face Fake Creed Or Genuine Creed.

I just bought a 4 fl oz tester GIT bottle from a small shop in Singapore. I didn't know that they sell Creed testers until yesterday. They have Himalaya, Original Santal, Original Vetiver, Royal water and other Creed that i can't remember. They priced each bottle at (S$65 ~ US$43).
    I bought it because they have many range of Creeds and to my knowledge, only SMW and GIT have been faked.
    1. The GIT bottle has:
    GREEN IRISH TWEED
    DE PERE EN FILS DEPUIS 1760
    38, AV. PIERRE 1er DE SERBIE PARIS
    (superscript er)
    2. Bottom of the bottle: Creed Made in France Paris. HP printed on the left and small 5 (or probably S) printed on the right.
    3. back of the bottle: small 'Lot: AC2D06' printed near to the bottom of the bottle.
    4. The tester box (brown box with no Creed logo) has this small sticker printed:
    TESTEUR
    GREEN IRISH TWEED 120 ML

Ref: 5612032
    INGREDIENTS / CONTAINS
    ALCOHOL DENAT (SD-ALCOHOL 39-C)
    AQUA (WATER)/
    PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)/
    HYDROXYISOHEXYL
    3-CYCLOHEXENECARBOXALDEHYDE/
    LINALOOL/GERANIOL/
    ALPHA-ISOMTHYLIONONE/

5. The whole bottle is black and on the top of the spray: Creed with his logo is printed. The logo looked the same as HIMALAYA that I just purchased from Basenoter. Any idea if this is original.

I really don't have any idea about the smell since I have never tried Creed before.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by ultranova3; 7th October 2007 at 05:49 AM.

Default Re: Fake Creed Or Genuine Creed.

Sounds like it's probably okay. Enjoy...

Most Creed testers are safer bets than non-testers when you purchase from unknown source
    It sounds good.

If you are in any doubt.. Spray coolwater on one wrist and your G.I.T on the other

Give it around 45 mins and if they smell the same.. Its not the real deal!!

I have only seen Creed testers in 2.5 oz bottles but looking it up on Ebay I do see some 4.0 oz testers.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 8th October 2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I just bought a 120ml bottle of Millesime Imperial from Australian eBay for A$50. That was the ending auction price, not a buy-it-now - I was the only bidder. It's a used bottle and the seller doesn't seem to have sold perfume before, so it isn't a professional seller of fakes like the other ones in this thread, but the price seems too good to be true. My concern is that the seller might have bought a fake for his personal use and is reselling it because it's too late for him to return it or something. I'm also concerned because it has no box and no lid - maybe he threw them away because they are telltale signs that it's fake? Unfortunately I hadn't visited this forum for a while so all the warnings about fake Creed slipped my mind when I bid on it (frantically, in the last few minutes of the auction). :P

So I have three questions, I hope someone can help me:

1. Most of the warnings are about GIT and SMW - has anyone seen fake Millesime Imperial before?
    2. Does this bottle look fake in any way?

3. I haven't paid for it yet - do I use PayPal to get a better chance at a refund if it turns out to be fake, or does the method of payment not matter?

ETA: Oops, I meant to post this in the main "fake Creed" thread - mods, feel free to move it there if that's better!
    Last edited by Clare; 8th December 2007 at 10:18 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parotte82 View Post
    I must say that the fake GIT does smell good ha ha ha I wonder how good the real thing must smell. I gotta get me a bottle
    Probably filled with the somewhat similar Davidoff Cool Water which can be had at places like Marshall's or eBay on the cheap. Not a bad fragrance by any means but it is no GIT.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    I just bought a 120ml bottle of Millesime Imperial from Australian eBay for A$50. That was the ending auction price, not a buy-it-now - I was the only bidder. It's a used bottle and the seller doesn't seem to have sold perfume before, so it isn't a professional seller of fakes like the other ones in this thread, but the price seems too good to be true. My concern is that the seller might have bought a fake for his personal use and is reselling it because it's too late for him to return it or something. I'm also concerned because it has no box and no lid - maybe he threw them away because they are telltale signs that it's fake? Unfortunately I hadn't visited this forum for a while so all the warnings about fake Creed slipped my mind when I bid on it (frantically, in the last few minutes of the auction). :P

So I have three questions, I hope someone can help me:

1. Most of the warnings are about GIT and SMW - has anyone seen fake Millesime Imperial before?
    2. Does this bottle look fake in any way?

3. I haven't paid for it yet - do I use PayPal to get a better chance at a refund if it turns out to be fake, or does the method of payment not matter?

ETA: Oops, I meant to post this in the main "fake Creed" thread - mods, feel free to move it there if that's better!
    Clare...i had this bottle on my watch list but i didnt go ahead with it coz as you can see the gold at the base of the bottle has chipped and the Creed MI bottle should be nothing short of being perfect...The same seller had a GIT for sale as well which didnt really convince me that it was genuine....

Good luck with your purchase and hopefully this one should be the real thing...

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Clare...i had this bottle on my watch list but i didnt go ahead with it coz as you can see the gold at the base of the bottle has chipped and the Creed MI bottle should be nothing short of being perfect...The same seller had a GIT for sale as well which didnt really convince me that it was genuine....

Good luck with your purchase and hopefully this one should be the real thing...

gupts
    That is normal for MI. The Gold plated foil seems to peel of easly.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Unlike SMW or GIT, genuine Millesime Imperial bottles do chip off the gold foil. That bottle looks real, and the safest way to buy Creeds on ebay is used, but the best way to tell is from the cap, inside and outside for else the top of the sprayer.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 9th December 2007 at 12:29 AM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by incedal View Post
    That is normal for MI. The Gold plated foil seems to peel of easly.
    Yeah...i know that from the experience of most members here...
    I didn't mean to say that since the gold plating was coming off, its a fake. I meant to say that since the gold plating is coming off i didn't bid for it as the day i acquire a big MI bottle i'd want it to be perfect....I already got a 30ml bottle and the longevity is appalling but i'd want to get a bigger bottle just for the beauty of it...

gupts

Default [CREED] If I have the Fake Pictures already... then what's the real things look like?

Hello all,

I recently discovered a place in Viet Nam that sells Creed perfumes. And the price is only 92 AUD, or 1.3 million Viet Nam Dong. (around 80 USD).

I know the BIG BIG BIG FAKE CREED topics, and still not sure how to distinguish between the fake and the real thing (as i never seen the real thing before).

The descriptions in that topic is not very clear (to me), so im asking you guys to post pictures of your real creeds (Especially SMW, GIT and MI )

Thank you !!!
    ohhmygod

Default Re: [CREED] If I have the Fake Pictures already... then what's the real things look l

I don't have any of those, but I will have GIT by next week...I'll post then.

Default Re: [CREED] If I have the Fake Pictures already... then what's the real things look l

go to their website http://www.creedperfumes.us/ or http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/ The UK website has easier accessible photos of the bottles.

here you will be able to see the real bottles. coincidence you've posted this, as my sister has a GREAT smelling bottle of Erolfa but fears it's fake based on the bottle quality... gonna go check this out myself.
    Last edited by nthny; 23rd December 2007 at 06:33 AM.

The real bottle in real life (after purchased =P) is differerent i think :-? Those are photoshoped pics so its hard to tell

Buy from a reputable dealer and try to forget the too good to be true because there are a lot of fakes out there.

Gary (a proud <sic> owner of a bottle of Green Frich Tweed)
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 23rd December 2007 at 09:15 AM.

I see that you reside in Australia.

Contact http://www.creedperfume.com.au/ for official samples and then compare them to the bottles in Vietnam.

May you win this battle for truth.
    -

Ah well =) Im just thinking if they are good deals. =P

92$ is not a bad price to ignore =))

So i guess i just give it a try =)

opps ....couldn't attach the picture

--------------------------------------
    Last edited by achanna; 24th December 2007 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Ah well =) Im just thinking if they are good deals. =P

92$ is not a bad price to ignore =))

So i guess i just give it a try =)
    at around 125AUD you can get authentic juice from US sellers on ebay..spending 92AUD (is it AUD OR USD) and not being sure if its real or not is not such a good thing to do...

gupts

Many of the Creed bottles are shown right here in the BN Directory:

http://www.basenotes.net/house/100220

Look to the left for a bottle image and then click on that frag for a photo of its bottle. Of course, the more recent ones are the ones with a pic.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Here are few pictures of my SMW - i know its original as i bought it from Creed counter at HR

The top

The bottom

the side of the box
    Last edited by achanna; 24th December 2007 at 02:15 AM.
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Thank you so much for the pictures...

One more question, does it have a REF number on the box and the bottle ? Where it is located. (I got to inspect the creed so ... =) )
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 26th December 2007 at 11:16 AM.

be warned.. not all bottles have the same stickers/serials/extra info typed on them. my VIW is diff from others.. and some have no stickers at all on the box
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Thank you so much for the pictures...

One more question, does it have a REF number on the box and the bottle ? Where it is located. (I got to inspect the creed so ... =) )

I don't see any REF number

But there is a LOT: AF02S07 as you can see on my earlier picture on the side of the box

and the same LOT number you can see on the bottle here

I hope that halps

Wardrobe

hi guys , the number on the box / bottle , does the last 2 digits represent the year of production or is it the first 2 digits after the letters?
    thx in advance
    The World Is Yor Lobster

I think last 2 digits represent the year - experts can correct me if I am wrong

Wardrobe

You're right on the dot. That's one fresh bottle of SMW you got there!

I think REF number is exactly the same with LOT :P .

Anyway, that helps a lot, achanna >< Lots of respect.

Default how to validate authentic Creed

guys, came across some shops in here which sell creed products...they were selling creed MI for like $100

now how do i validate if this is authentic? and also is there a way to find which year its been made? if so, is creed famous for "turning" fast or its juts Bull S.... anything else that i should be looking out for?

how are creed shower products? is it worth the money?

like always...inputs woud highly appreciated...thnx folks...

Pluran, sincere apologies in advance...

Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

This is a very good question.

Here are just four of the many threads which discuss how to indentify fake Creeds:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed

Good luck - I hope that these guide you in the right direction.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Here's how to verify:

Is it selling on eBay? Is it 4.0 oz? Did you buy it?

If the answer to all three of these questions is yes... than it's real!

...at least according to the counterfeiters. Happy bidding!
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 12th March 2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Just buy it at an authorized retailer.

ebay sucks imo. neiman marcus is where i'd go if you want complete peace of mind. but it'll cost you retail prices.

scentiments.com is authorized by me as being my preferred place to shop.

real, fresh, and dates were not tampered with as they were from the other online discounter i purchased creeds from (fragrancenet.com had otherwise perfect product but the boxes and bottles both were tampered to remove dates and lot #'s.)

fyi the newest stock (for 2008) has actually started to come without any dates or lot# markings on either box or bottle. this is however different than tampered items where you can tell something was there and then removed.

good luck.. my advice is don't neccessarily look for the cheapest price, unless you are comfortable with the idea that you may not get the best specimen possible. you should look for the most reputable place with which you are happy with the pricing.