Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: poll deleted

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • deleted

    0 0%
  • deleted

    0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 180 of 437

Thread: Fake Creed

  1. #121

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Here's the short answer...

    ...SMELL IT !!!!!....

    If that's not enough:
    Creed is authentic in nearly all cases except the following:

    1. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Green Irish Tweed on eBay
    2. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Silver Mountain Water on eBay
    3. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Millesime Imperial on eBay

    edit: unless you bought it from a 10,000+ feedback fragrance powerhouse on eBay for $119.00
    Last edited by DULLAH; 13th March 2008 at 02:14 AM.

  2. #122

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    I got a few good deals on eBay on some 3.3/3.4 EDTs (which were about 95-99% full), but I wouldn't even think of buying the ones that are so often fakes. The reason is that you are probably buying a fake that somebody bought and is now looking to get rid of. The seller might have a lot of great feedback, and might not even know that he got a fake, but doesn't like the fragrance, for obvious reasons. You would need to see great close up pictures of the bottle to consider taking a risk, assuming you could get a great deal on it, which I would also think is unlikely, because others have the same idea you do.

  3. #123

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Easy. Buy it from Neiman Marcus.

    TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

  4. #124

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I got a few good deals on eBay on some 3.3/3.4 EDTs (which were about 95-99% full), but I wouldn't even think of buying the ones that are so often fakes.
    Oh, I thought you meant 3.3/3.4 oz Creed... I was like uh...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  5. #125

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    People... read the original post. When did he mention ebay?

  6. #126

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    This is a very good question.

    Here are just four of the many threads which discuss how to indentify fake Creeds:

    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed

    Good luck - I hope that these guide you in the right direction.
    Thnx Two Roads! im revisiting this for more answers...

  7. #127

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    When is a bargain not a bargain? When it does not give you peace of mind. Buy from an authorized dealer. Unless you are at an authorized dealer who is selling off their stock; which I did years ago at Les Ailes in Montreal, when they decided to stop carrying Creed.
    Good luck
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

  8. #128

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    At the moment the counterfeiters are doing an excellent job on the packaging and on the bottles. With big bottles of fake GIT and MI (that I know of) if you pull off the spray cap, you see the white plastic nozzle going down to a base that is totally covered over by the bottle's metal.

    In genuine Creeds, the white plastic nozzle goes down to and forms part of a white base which makes up most of the top surface area, and the metal goes up to that base, rather than to the nozzle.

    Of course, I can imagine the counterfeiters fixing this in future versions.
    Renato

  9. #129

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    When is a bargain not a bargain? When it does not give you peace of mind. Buy from an authorized dealer. Unless you are at an authorized dealer who is selling off their stock; which I did years ago at Les Ailes in Montreal, when they decided to stop carrying Creed.
    Good luck
    said it right...dont buy creed, buy peace of mind...i went thru numerous posts on fake creeds on BN and i now understand why everyones irritated by this topic. there is enuff information already (over 20 posts) on this topic and no topic cud giev you the exact answer you are lookign for unless its very obvious. like renato pointed out...these guys are getting very close ot perfection...(which it isnt in my case, the bottle, the box, everything looks genuine) the only way to find out is source a sample and compare and, henceforth buy from a trusted dealer...those $20-30 extra will give one assured peace of mind.

    how is http://www.perfume.com/ ?

  10. #130

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    If you're so worried about counterfeit Creed, get the Bond No.9 equivalent (at discount of course, never at retail price). Bond stole many of Creeds ideas and tweaked them slightly. They took popular Creeds, stripped the Creed house note, and amplified the one note that drew people to that fragrance in the first place (violet leaf in Green Irish Tweed for Chez Bond, blackcurrant note in Silver Mountain Water for Hamptons).

    People don't understand it when I say that Bond No. 9 is cheaper than Creed. This is true because you must buy Creed at retail, and you buy Bonds at discount. Do the math.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 7th May 2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  11. #131

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Here's the short answer...

    ...SMELL IT !!!!!....

    If that's not enough:
    Creed is authentic in nearly all cases except the following:

    1. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Green Irish Tweed on eBay
    2. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Silver Mountain Water on eBay
    3. You bought a 4.0oz bottle of Millesime Imperial on eBay

    edit: unless you bought it from a 10,000+ feedback fragrance powerhouse on eBay for $119.00
    I bought MI for 29.99 GBP on ebay (120ML)...guess I am doomed haha!

    I wrote the seller a ticket askin' him if the product is authentic, he reply'ed:

    HELLO. ALL OUR PERFUMES ARE BOUGHT FROM A WHOLESALER THAT ALSO SELLS TO THE STORES IN THE MALLS. BECAUSE THEY COME TO ME SEALED & NEW IN THEIR ORIGINAL BOXES I DO NOT OPEN THEM TO SEE THEIR SMELLS. IF ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS HAVE A PROBLEM THEY COMNE TO ME FIRST. I GIVE FULL CASH REFUNDS. THANKS SARAH.

    Well, within a week we will know!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 7th May 2008 at 06:18 PM.

  12. #132

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    ^ Ah the gamble


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  13. #133

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Can anyone say what, if anything, Creed has done to counteract counterfeiting?

    On the surface, it seems like the answer is NOTHING.

    Some ideas come to mind of what could be done:

    (1) Educate the consumer.

    (2) Make the packaging/bottle more difficult to counterfeit.

    (3) Control the distribution channels better for authentic merchandise.

    (4) Aggressively go after counterfeiters through law enforcement.

    Maybe some or all of these are being done. Well (1) isn't being done!

  14. #134

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Can anyone say what, if anything, Creed has done to counteract counterfeiting?

    On the surface, it seems like the answer is NOTHING.

    Some ideas come to mind of what could be done:

    (1) Educate the consumer.

    (2) Make the packaging/bottle more difficult to counterfeit.

    (3) Control the distribution channels better for authentic merchandise.

    (4) Aggressively go after counterfeiters through law enforcement.

    Maybe some or all of these are being done. Well (1) isn't being done!
    well said...

  15. #135

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    One thing I noticed is the Creeds that have the "fuzzy" name plaque thing on the box tend to have small security threads embedded in them that glow blue and red under ultraviolet light. The problem is, they are often small and hard to see even with a good UV source in complete darkness, and I noticed only one small red and one small green thread on my Acier Aluminum box. The thing is, the widely-counterfeited varieties don't have the fuzzy plaque, so this advice is of little or no use!

  16. #136

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    If you're so worried about counterfeit Creed, get the Bond No.9 equivalent (at discount of course, never at retail price). Bond stole many of Creeds ideas and tweaked them slightly. They took popular Creeds, stripped the Creed house note, and amplified the one note that drew people to that fragrance in the first place (violet leaf in Green Irish Tweed for Chez Bond, blackcurrant note in Silver Mountain Water for Hamptons).

    People don't understand it when I say that Bond No. 9 is cheaper than Creed. This is true because you must buy Creed at retail, and you buy Bonds at discount. Do the math.
    Where does one buy Bonds at a discount? I have not found that, except at Ebay.

    I don't believe I have ever seen or heard of a fake Bond No. 9, though.

    Also there are legitimate sellers (i.e., sellers who don't sell fakes) where one can find Creed's below retail (e.g., Scentiments).

  17. #137

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miles away from ordinary.
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    I bought my bottle of Himalaya from fragrancenet.com (since I had a big discount code) and it is authentic - it smells just like the sample I'd gotten from NM and is just as strong.

    My advice - buy from a trusted source or buy retail. I think in the future I'm going to NM to buy my Creeds - I'd bought two fake ones on eBay but luckily I contacted the sellers before they shipped, and they didn't want negative feedback so they gave me back my money including shipping.

    I got lucky - I think I would have a Greed Frich Tweed to show off if it wasn't for BN.

  18. #138

    Default Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Well, after the fabulous thread on the fake GIT, curiosty got the better of me and I just had to see what a fake Creed looked like. So I got the cheapest one I could find from our Ebay friend Sarah.

    My fake Creed Millesime Imperial is a work of art. The packaging and bottle were pretty much flawless. As I was opening the package, I was comparing it to the content of my new bottle of authentic Royal Water - and just marvelling at how good the copying had been done. The attention to detail was staggering. In fact, I was a bit worried that I may have actually gotten the real thing.

    Pulling the sprayer's top off reveals the same error as that in the picture in the GIT thread - namely that the white plastic nozzle does not go down into a white plastic base, but instead goes down to an area surrounded by metal from the top of the bottle.

    The scent smells like a gone-off version of a scent called Watt (that comes in a lightbulb shaped bottle).

    It would be hilarious if people actually sprayed themselves with this scent and thought it was the real MI. I don't understand why the counterfeiters didn't put something a bit better in, like 4711.

    Anyhow, as I said, other than for the scent itself and the error in the nozzle, this fake Creed really is something to behold.
    Renato

    P.S. By popular request, here is a photo. Fake nozzle is the gold one on the left.
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ra57/mypic4.JPG
    Last edited by Renato; 8th May 2008 at 11:57 AM.

  19. #139

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    I don't think the real Creeds are that wonderful to behold so why would anyone bother...

  20. #140

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    She looks like the real thing
    She tastes like the real thing
    My fake plastic love.

    "Fake Plastic Trees" Radiohead

    Suddenly reminded of that song, haha.

  21. #141

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    "I fake it so real, I am beyond fake" - Doll Parts, Hole
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

    Wardrobe

  22. #142

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    You bought it on PURPOSE fully knowing that it's gonna be fake?

    Not criticizing you, i'm just amazed.. wow.. also post some pics of the bottle and the white plastic nozzle if possible please.


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  23. #143

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    It's nice to display, it is almost flawless (on the outside). If they would have taken the consideration to at least fill it with Unforgivable, it might be a bestselling fake. Instead, it smells like rubbing alcohol with a splash of lemon and a dash of salt. It's disgusting. Anyways, it is pretty, and looks better than the actual thing (because they are in clear bottles now). If you're trying to impress someone who comes over, that'd be the way to do it, just as long as you prevent them from smelling it.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  24. #144

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Renato,
    could you please make a masterclass with photos?
    How`s real nozzle should looks like - and how is fake nozzle looks like?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

  25. #145

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Is this a Sean John Unforgivable thread? I'm confused.

    Cheers,
    Ali

  26. #146

    Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

    OK, guys, just a bit OFF Creed to add some spice.
    Two weeks ago I was in Moscow and found a lot of shops named CUSTOMS CONFISCATED GOODS there.
    Just my curiosity - I went in, saw a stand with perfume bottles and was caught!
    A LOT!
    CKs, Guccis, Armanis, Chanels, Hermeses, Kenzos, JPGs, Lacostes - whatever is fashionable (heavy-advertised) right now.
    The price - 450-600 roubles (~20-25 USD).
    I tried CK Man to compare - well, beginning was alike the original. 2 minutes after - definitely different!!! Cheap and musky scent.

    The girl told me that all that stuff was brought to Russia from Syria without any sertificate, so Custom seized all those goods.
    What is strange for me - they did not broke it down, they did not burn it - they still want to get some profit!!! Ridiculous!!!

    I`m going to make more friends with SA and shop-owners. Friendly relations are better way to avoid counterfeit when you buy new unknown-untried scent.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

  27. #147

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Renato,
    could you please make a masterclass with photos?
    How`s real nozzle should looks like - and how is fake nozzle looks like?
    Sure, here it is.
    The gold one on the left is the fake. Every other authentic Creed I've checked has the nozzle going into the white base, like the one on the right.

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ra57/mypic4.JPG

    Renato

  28. #148

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Instead, it smells like rubbing alcohol with a splash of lemon and a dash of salt.
    I think it may be good for rubbing into sore muscles and sore joints.
    Renato

  29. #149

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    If the counterfeiter goes through all the trouble to make it seem as realistic as possible, why not use the white plastic on the nozzle?
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

  30. #150

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by HughLloyd View Post
    If the counterfeiter goes through all the trouble to make it seem as realistic as possible, why not use the white plastic on the nozzle?
    Well, I can only guess it's cheaper that way, and they assume nobody will pull the top off.

    Expect Counterfeit Mark 2 to remedy the error.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 8th May 2008 at 10:08 AM.

  31. #151

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    God no!!!

    I bought the exact same fragrance from the exact same seller!!!

    I also got a reply from her when I asked about it:

    "Hello. Yes all of our perfumes are bought from a wholesaler which also sells to the stores in the malls. All our perfumes come brand new in their original boxes. Anymore questions just ask me. Thanks Sarah"



    Did you get your money back???

  32. #152

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    I find it amazing that people like Sarah are still in business. Can't they get a real job? Then again, I guess that requires intelligence, honesty and hard work, of which e-bay fakers have none.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

    Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

  33. #153

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    God no!!!

    I bought the exact same fragrance from the exact same seller!!!

    I also got a reply from her when I asked about it:

    "Hello. Yes all of our perfumes are bought from a wholesaler which also sells to the stores in the malls. All our perfumes come brand new in their original boxes. Anymore questions just ask me. Thanks Sarah"



    Did you get your money back???
    Yes, a variety of answers have been posted here by her, which either don't address the original question or absolve her of any responsibility (i.e. she doesn't actually smell them, just passes them on from the wholesaler).

    I haven't asked for my money back yet - I'd have to return the fabulous bottle.
    Renato

  34. #154

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I find it amazing that people like Sarah are still in business. Can't they get a real job? Then again, I guess that requires intelligence, honesty and hard work, of which e-bay fakers have none.
    Well, Ebay seem pretty happy to keep her in business - she's a "Power Seller" - and, in my opinion, they apparently have little interest in their own reputation.

    Presumably, if you wanted to make a claim against such people through PayPal, they'd insist the onus is on you to get a proper valuation and statement from someone authoritative on official letterhead. That of course would cost you more than the price of the item. And a Pontious Pilate act can be made by them - as the complainer hasn't followed through.

    Renato

  35. #155

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Sure, here it is.
    The gold one on the left is the fake. Every other authentic Creed I've checked has the nozzle going into the white base, like the one on the right.

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ra57/mypic4.JPG

    Renato
    the inside of the cap is like any other original creed but, if the nozzle thing is true...thn sadly, i have a fake......and damn, i like it...
    Last edited by jenson; 8th May 2008 at 12:34 PM.

  36. #156

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    it smells like rubbing alcohol with a splash of lemon and a dash of salt. It's disgusting.
    So it smells like Erolfa?

  37. #157

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    the inside of the cap is like any other original creed but, if the nozzle thing is true...thn sadly, i have a fake......and damn, i like it...
    Do you like the fake one? Then there is still hope!!

  38. #158

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    So it smells like Erolfa?
    Unfortunately, Erolfa doesn't have anywhere the longevity or monster output of this stuff.
    After taking the picture I put the cap back on, and was forced to spray some over my kitchen.
    It's acrid smell has now infected my kitchen and I can't get rid of it.
    Renato

  39. #159

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Dang, I should've thought of this sooner. I'll just buy the board's top ten fav's, step on them with a 50/50 ratio of Everclear 190 and retire to Cancun. Sillage and longevity will be compromised, but what the hey.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 8th May 2008 at 02:46 PM.

  40. #160

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Presumably, if you wanted to make a claim against such people through PayPal, they'd insist the onus is on you to get a proper valuation and statement from someone authoritative on official letterhead. That of course would cost you more than the price of the item.
    I think the nice people at Creed would be more than happy to do that for you at no cost, if only to put another faker out of business.

    And If she's reading at all, they wouldn't care where she got it, they would go after her.

  41. #161

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Sure, here it is.
    The gold one on the left is the fake. Every other authentic Creed I've checked has the nozzle going into the white base, like the one on the right.

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ra57/mypic4.JPG

    Renato
    Maybe I am asking too much, but could anyone who has got a real bottle of Creed MI make such an except same picture?

    Because the seller told me it should be white with MI bottles! And she says the other bottle ain't the same because it is a total other fragrance...

    So if anyone could post a picture you would make me very happy!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 8th May 2008 at 05:07 PM.

  42. #162

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Unfortunately, Erolfa doesn't have anywhere the longevity or monster output of this stuff.
    After taking the picture I put the cap back on, and was forced to spray some over my kitchen.
    It's acrid smell has now infected my kitchen and I can't get rid of it.
    Renato
    Oh my, that's sounds horrid

  43. #163

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    Maybe I am asking too much, but could anyone who has got a real bottle of Creed MI make such an except same picture?

    Because the seller told me it should be white with MI bottles! And she says the other bottle ain't the same because it is a total other fragrance...

    So if anyone could post a picture you would make me very happy!
    You seem to be holding onto some sort of hope that your bottle and it's content may actually be genuine.
    Sorry to disillusion you, but there is no hope.
    Renato

  44. #164

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    What does the cap emblem look like? Hard to tell from that photo. I wish these fakers made a 75ml bottle, I want one for decoration!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

    CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread



  45. #165

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    The fake GIT actually smelled decent... it didn't smell like Cool Water or anything resembling the actual GIT, but it wasn't BAD... me being an idiot (having never sprayed GIT before), had thought that I was wearing the real thing for several months before reading the thread about the fakes. I took the bottle to NM for comparison and yep, not even close. I bought the real GIT there.

    As to the fate of the fake... believe it or not, my dad liked it. He took it and finished it. Again, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't GIT.

  46. #166

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    It would be funny to think of what a fake maker with a sense of humor would pour into the fake bottles. Jovan Sex Appeal? If only it could be some old cheap classic like Hai Karate, Andron, That grass oil one, or just some Windex.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  47. #167

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    The gold 4.0 is no longer safe on eBay.
    Stick to the gold 2.5 or the new clear 4.0

  48. #168

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    It would be funny to think of what a fake maker with a sense of humor would pour into the fake bottles. Jovan Sex Appeal? If only it could be some old cheap classic like Hai Karate, Andron, That grass oil one, or just some Windex.
    Seems to me the counterfeiter was having his own private joke with what he put in the fake MI - something along the lines of
    "These idiots will wear anything if they think it's high class enough - so I'll put something unwearable in just for fun, and watch them wear it - ha ha ha (with a sinister "ha")"
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 9th May 2008 at 09:49 AM.

  49. #169

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Maybe this question is ignorant but why would fakers avoid using clear bottles any more than opaque ones? I mean, they ARE filling it with something, and if people are so clueless as to think they are getting the real thing when they are getting something as bad as Renato described, why would they be afraid that they could see the juice? Any color differences could be easily accounted for with a little food coloring.
    ***For sale:

    Iris Pallida 50ml

    Ungaro I 75ml

    and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

  50. #170

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Maybe this question is ignorant but why would fakers avoid using clear bottles any more than opaque ones? I mean, they ARE filling it with something, and if people are so clueless as to think they are getting the real thing when they are getting something as bad as Renato described, why would they be afraid that they could see the juice? Any color differences could be easily accounted for with a little food coloring.
    I guess that if Creed switched to new clear bottles, it would take counterfeiters a while to retool, source new supplies and catch up. So in the interim period, the scents could be bought with a bit more confidence than is currently the case.
    Renato

  51. #171

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Maybe this question is ignorant but why would fakers avoid using clear bottles any more than opaque ones? I mean, they ARE filling it with something, and if people are so clueless as to think they are getting the real thing when they are getting something as bad as Renato described, why would they be afraid that they could see the juice? Any color differences could be easily accounted for with a little food coloring.
    well, does anyone really know wht the color is whn it comes to the opaque series of Creed

  52. #172

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    I've got my package from the same ebay seller today and unfortunately got the same fake as you!!

    Obviously, I ordered mine BEFORE reading this thread!

    What did you do? Did you get your money back?

  53. #173

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    I've got my package from the same ebay seller today and unfortunately got the same fake as you!!

    Obviously, I ordered mine BEFORE reading this thread!

    What did you do? Did you get your money back?
    Well, I sent her a message explaining that the scent was counterfeit as evidenced by the smell and the incorrect nozzle, she replied that she'd send me a refund, but that it would be a few days, and I got this message from Paypal,

    "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

    This refund will remain pending until the funds have cleared from the sender's account. You will receive an email notification once the funds have become available in your PayPal account. See Refund Details below for more information."

    So I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

    Initially, I didn't think the fake scent was that unbearable. But with each additional sniff in subsequent days, it just got more horrendous. Has that been your experience?

    Re examining the package, I notice that the writing on the front of the box is slighlty off- centre, and that the little picture of Mr.Creed inside is a poorer copy than that which comes with a real bottle. Did you find anything else wrong with the counterfeit?

    The weird thing about all this, is that I've just discovered that from net stores, one can buy 250mm flacon's of Millesime Imperial for - in some cases - not that much more than for the cost of a 120ml bottle. If I was really enamoured with this scent (which I'm not) that would be the way to go.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 14th May 2008 at 12:47 PM.

  54. #174

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Further to my last post, I just received the refund in full for both the fake MI and the postage cost.
    Renato

  55. #175

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Further to my last post, I just received the refund in full for both the fake MI and the postage cost.
    Renato
    And you didn't have to return the bottle? Do you still have the e-mail you send her telling the product is fake? Because my English ain't so good! If you could PM it to me that would be wonderful!

  56. #176

    Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    And you didn't have to return the bottle? Do you still have the e-mail you send her telling the product is fake? Because my English ain't so good! If you could PM it to me that would be wonderful!
    I've sent you the email and no, I didn't have to return the bottle.
    Renato

  57. #177

    Default Re: Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

    EBay has become a den of theives! Their business model has switched from regular joe auctioneer to wholesaler business auctioneer. With that model of business comes tons of fakes. Many people are buying Creed for the first time so they dont know what it smells like and they accept the fact that real Creed diluted with water or Cool Water cologne is the real thing. Or worse yet, Chinese imposter scent. When you have people selling hundreds of bottles of Creed under 1 or 2 EBay names every week on EBay, you know something is fishy, especially considering most accept a Buy it Now or let the auction go for under $80. People come on ... common sense!

    I would pretty much suspect 99% of the EBay auctions to be fake, dilluted or otherwise not legit. Of the remaining 1%, Id say a few people might have sold a partially used bottle that they had but many others stole testers from stores while someone wasn't looking or stole the item as an employee of the store and put it on EBay. (which is just as wrong as selling fake cologne.)

    FYI - PAYPal and EBay will NOT refund your money if you are sent a fake. The terms say you are protected but if you read the fine print, there are too many loopholes. If you want PAYPal to rule in your favor that the item is a fake, you would have to go to an authorized retailer of the product (Saks 5th Avenue, etc.) and get a letter from the store manager saying that the item you received is a fake. Even then, the seller could say you switched it and PAYPal will likely rule for the seller as they are the one who give them lots of revenue, not you.

    It goes even further that you have to be a confirmed member with a confirmed address, etc. And even if by some strange chance, PAYPal rules in your favor (wouldn't happen) ... you'd be responsible for the cost of shipping both TO YOU and BACK TO THE SELLER. So essentially, you'd be out about $10 - $15 in shipping costs to have found out the bottle you bought was fake. It is NOT WORTH using EBay to buy expensive easily faked items like designer clothing and cologne. Most of it is fake and these high volume sellers get away with it. It costs less than $1 to produce a fake bottle of cologne. The sellers make about $70 - $100 each bottle (profit) that they sell.

    If it sounds too good to be true (and it always does on EBay) ... it is!!!

  58. #178

    Default Re: Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

    the Biggest give away of a fake is its sprayer.

    it should be like this and it mostly comes in silver or golden color.



    btw, this thread gives a pretty good info on this. bottom line, i would never buy a creed unless is see the pic of it with its spritzer...

    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed

  59. #179

    Smile Re: Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

    I too have gotten a fake GIT. I got my money back but it took constant polite pressure from me to make it happen. The Guy accused me of all sorts of things. I was besmurching his good name and seller rating ect. From what I understand. The things that are faked the most are the 4 oz bottles of the most popular creeds. If you only purchase 2.5 oz bottles or 1 oz bottles you should be safe. If you recieve it and the cap does not have the seperate creed logo in the top it is usually a fake.. A fake will have the emblem molded into the plastic. The originals have a seperate ( correct me if I am mistaken) silver emblem imbedded in the cap. Lots and lots of threads on this subject to do a search on these boards

    Good luck with future purchases.

    Rick
    For sale post

    [url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

  60. #180

    Default Re: Fake Creed GIT and SMW on Ebay warning

    ^^ agree with Jenson. The sprayer seal from real Creeds is made of white plastic, not metal.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

    Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

    Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Similar Threads

  1. Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!
    By Propaganda13 in forum Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 7th November 2013, 03:15 PM
  2. Is this ebay'd Creed MI a fake?
    By rioni in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st May 2010, 03:18 AM
  3. General CREED perfumes impression
    By DreamerII in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2nd March 2008, 06:04 AM
  4. What is Creed ??? Some more newbie questions...
    By ohhmygod in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 8th July 2006, 01:18 AM
  5. Wanna Know if Your Creed is a Fake?
    By Stuffman in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th March 2006, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •