0. You may not vote on this poll
  • deleted

0 0%
  • deleted

0 0%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Fake Creed

Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: can someone help me with this fake creed i bought on ebay??

i didnt even know fake creeds were such a big thing till like yesterday. everyone on the net finds this site that way lol.

again sorry i bothered people with my post thanks for all the info here you guys helped me at least know i wasnt crazy when i got this crap on ebay.

Look, ask Ebay or Paypal to go review his other sales and see if his camera is any more in focus. If it is, then he deliberately obscured the picture so you could not read it. And ask Ebay/paypal to search if he really bought it through Ebay or not. THat picture to me would have been a dead giveaway where I would have asked for it to be made clear. I saw my first auction of Green Frich Tweed on ebay, told the seller I was reporting him, and he acted like he was all shocked and was gonna change his picture. You think Ebay will do anything?

What I'm wondering is why you didn't snap up one of those GITs for 24.99$ Oh, wait, you did, never mind.

well i did win 2 others i havent recieved yet. again before i found this site. once i found this site i emailed not only the 2 people i bought from but ever person selling $25 GIT if it was real. every one of them said 100% authentic. then i noticed every one of them had the same auction with the same wording in there auctions with a real pic of GIT. i will let ya know if you are interested if they are real. all of the people said yes this is authentic and real. the himalaya i bought was from a girl who has sold that pink creed for girls for 100-125$ she has 100% possatives. but she has like 4 more himalayas up there from $20-100. also with like an authentic nm picture.

tell me if i am screwed on this too......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=001

Default Re: How can I be sure if the Creed fragrance I'm buying is real?

yeah i told ya i got 3 of them!!!!! before i knew they sold fakes on here. i also bid on like 10 more that i had to retract after i found out. that $24 GIT the seller told me its 100% authentic !!!

i feel so stupid now i so wish i found this site before i wasted $150

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    Great post, btw! Maybe now we can get back to discussing Kouros.
    LMAO! You know, there's probably a universe where Creed and Kouros don't even exist.

Damn.

dredmahawkus:

The seller says "You are bidding on a bottle of Creed Silver Mountain Water..."

To me, that says I'm buying authentic Creed SMW, so if it turns out to be fake, the seller lied. His "proof" that it's authentic is that he bought it on eBay a year ago? Huh? Wut? With that logic, sounds to me like he's been drink'n the stuff.

The only "proof" of authenticity that may be acceptable to eBay/PayPal may be if you can take it to an authorized Creed retailer (Neiman Marcus, dunno any other brick-n-mortars off the top of my head) and get a manager to say so in writing or maybe get pictures (at Neimans) of the real/fake side-by-side showing the differences.

Refund policy -
    "The buyer has 7 days to return the item (the buyer pays shipping fees). The item will be refunded."

Forget fighting with him about its authenticity. His refund policy gives no qualifications. It's basically "if you don't want it, send it back and you'll get a refund" (within 7 days). There's not even a qualification that you can't send it back if it's been sprayed. Fight based on the return policy, not the question of authenticity.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 27th August 2008 at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by dredmahawkus; 12th April 2009 at 01:48 AM.

As for the Himalaya bottle there's no way to tell since the bottle picture is not the bottle up for auction (pictured = 2.5oz, bottle up for auction = 4oz). I'd say that if the seller doesn't want to post a picture of the actual bottle and just posts a random picture he found on the net something sleazy is going on.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Default Re: how to validate authentic Creed

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Can anyone say what, if anything, Creed has done to counteract counterfeiting?

On the surface, it seems like the answer is NOTHING.

Some ideas come to mind of what could be done:

(1) Educate the consumer.

(2) Make the packaging/bottle more difficult to counterfeit.

(3) Control the distribution channels better for authentic merchandise.

(4) Aggressively go after counterfeiters through law enforcement.

Maybe some or all of these are being done. Well (1) isn't being done!
    Could be the Creed folks look at the discount situation as simply another distibution avenue, a way to get product off the books, out of their warehouse or the licensed dealers warehouses and into a paying customers hands, before product goes bad, pumping up the bottom line so as to entice the bankers further and also to entice those who may want to aquire another asset.
    Last edited by richard d; 27th August 2008 at 11:32 PM.

There is a simple way to tell if your Creeds are real... buy them from an authorized dealer. Chances are that if you are buying Creed on eBay and spending only a fraction of the retail price, what you get will more often than not be faked.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

hi, I would say that it is authentic, the fact that it has Arabic writing would mean that it has been especially manufactured for the Middle Eastern market, the same goes for cosmetics.Also you mentioned that the sprayer is a different colour than you expected this too could be a reflection on what is the demand/ culture for items that would sell more readily in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    well i did win 2 others i havent recieved yet. again before i found this site. once i found this site i emailed not only the 2 people i bought from but ever person selling $25 GIT if it was real. every one of them said 100% authentic. then i noticed every one of them had the same auction with the same wording in there auctions with a real pic of GIT. i will let ya know if you are interested if they are real. all of the people said yes this is authentic and real. the himalaya i bought was from a girl who has sold that pink creed for girls for 100-125$ she has 100% possatives. but she has like 4 more himalayas up there from $20-100. also with like an authentic nm picture.

I'm glad you brought her up...after reading this I saw yesterday that she had 4.0 of Himalaya starting at $69.50. She had sold 3-4 already to high ranked members and 4-5 out there for sale, including one for $110. Made it seem like she had no clue. So i wrote her because I was interested,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my first response to deep questions was

"I have not actually got any complaints. I do however get them from a wholesaler. Due to the fact I have never used Creed, and that I am not to familiar with this wholesaler yet I can't promise anything. I do however offer a full refund with the cost of shipping the item back if not satisfied. I wish I could tell you it is 100% authentic, but I don't make promises that I am not 100% sure about. So you have nothing to lose if you try, and I would also appreciate it if you did purchase so I would know the credibility of my wholesaler. Thank you. *Emily* "
    I wrote back and asked her if I bought it, would she waive the repackaging fee and shipping,etc. Her response was yes.

So overall I'm thinking she is a legit seller and is doing this as a side business. She however knows nothing about Creeds or the people sending her stuff...the wholesaler. She probably heard a commercial and decided to do this...sight unseen. I hear them on sports talk radio daily. I doubt Creed is going through the wholesaler so my conslusion is

1) It is fake stuff and the seller just has no clue or 2) It is old stuff and the seller has no clue what Creed is worth and is just turning it over.

Hope this helps people out there make their own conclusion. Buy at your own risk. She seemed to want me to do her investigation and to see if the wholesaler was legit. I made one bid and someone outbid me. Went for $71. Fine by me. I'll let her figure it out.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 29th August 2008 at 01:02 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Last edited by dredmahawkus; 12th April 2009 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post

Hmmmm.....don't you just love it when she puts a picture (from the net - not her own pic) of a 2.5 oz bottle when she's really selling a 4 oz bottle of Himalaya?
    Last edited by Mindbrain; 31st August 2008 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    (Since it’s a slow day at work and Indie_Guy’s post was so inspiring…)

Many people have been burned buying Creed that is either unreal or merely metaphysical. Here are some simple steps to determine if the Creed you purchased is real.

Step 1:
    Place the Creed in front of you.
    If there is no Creed to place in front of you, it is probably not real.

Step 2:
    Can you see the bottle?
    If no, check to see that the lights are on and your eyes are open. If you still cannot see the Creed, it is probably not real.

If you can see the Creed, find another person. Make certain the other person is real (follow the same steps for determining the reality of Creed in order to determine the reality of the person).

Step 3:
    Can the other person see the Creed?
    If no, check to see if the other person is lying. Waterboarding and/or sleep deprivation or good for determining if a person is telling the truth.
    If yes, check to see if the person is lying (see above).
    After checking for lying, if the answer is still no, the Creed probably isn’t real.
    After checking for lying, if the answer is yes, move to the next step.

Step 4:
    Can you pick up the bottle?
    If your fingers pass through the Creed, it is probably an illusion or hologram and therefore not real.

Step 5:
    Can the other person pick up the bottle? If their fingers pass through it, it is possible that they are a ghost. To check if the other person is a ghost, perform a Ritual of Banishment (Religious Rites for Every Occasion, HarperCollins; p.213-254). If the other person does not get sucked back into the world of the dead through a flaming vortex, he or she is probably not a ghost.

If the other person is not a ghost and their fingers still pass through the Creed, it is possible that you merely hallucinated picking up the Creed, and therefore it is probably not real.

Step 6:
    If you have made it this far, there is one last test. Pick up the Creed up and throw it at the other person’s head. If the other person screams, curses at you, throws the Creed back at you or falls to the floor like a rag doll, CONGRATULATIONS! The Creed is probably real.

Coming soon:
    A check list to see if the Creed you have purchased is from an alternate dimension.
    A check list to see if your Hugo Boss is real (hint: does it have a pleasing smell? If yes, it’s a fake).
    A check list to see if you are a snarky wise-ass whose posts add nothing to the conversation (I’m still working on this one).

Darn! I think My Creed isn't real! When I put it in front of me I can't see it! Can someone look at the pic of it (that is below) and tell me if it is real? Thanks.

Is it real?
    Last edited by Maz24; 31st August 2008 at 11:31 PM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Maz24 - it's looks fine to me. If you're not happy with it, would you be willing to trade it for some Everlast?

P.S. Well done!
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

i think creed is the ones making fakes with their bad juice so people will have to go pay retail for it!!!!

Default Color issue with Vintage Tabarome

The seven Creeds that I own have all been purchased at Holt Renfrew (Canadian equivalent to Neiman Marcus). However, I was very interested in acquiring my eighth (the original Tabarome), and since it costs around 450$ with tax up here for the 250mL flacon, I decided to take a chance on Ebay for a 75mL tester spray...my first and last time purchasing a Creed on there. However, upon its arrival yesterday, I noticed that the color of the fragrance was a pale yellow, and I distinctly remember testing VT years ago, and it was a darker, ambery-orange coloured juice. It smells more or less the same as I remember it, so certainly not fake. I am thinking that perhaps it is an aged tester, or a new reformulation resulted in a different color? Anyway, to those who own VT or have encountered testers of it in stores or otherwise, I would appreciate knowing the color, etc.

Default Re: Color issue with Vintage Tabarome

I bought a tester of VT on eBay, it is dark brown and perfect. The ones in the shops are the same.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Color issue with Vintage Tabarome

Thanks Ged. I remember testing it several years ago as I said, and it was a very dark color, but mine that arrived yesterday is far from brown...perhaps it is an aged tester, I do not know

My 'Vintage' Tabarome is a dingy yellow-tinged color - it is not dark at all.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Man, I made a posting about possibly getting a fake bottle of GIT here a few weeks ago and almost got stoned by you all to death!

Well, in any case, I sent the bottle back and got full refund. It smelled great but I'm almost 100% certain it was fake.

For all you eBayers out there. Everything about my bottle of GIT was perfect, except for at the bottom of the bottle it says "Made in Raris" and also there is no serial number on the bottle (there is one on the box). Just FYI

My next Creed purchase will be at Sak's Fifth Ave. $250 is worth it for peace of mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xu_chen View Post
    Man, I made a posting about possibly getting a fake bottle of GIT here a few weeks ago and almost got stoned by you all to death!
    Sorry if you felt a bit under the gun. Creed is a touchy subject around here. As you have noticed! And I think that getting fakes over eBay is such an old story that people who've been here a while are just tired of it. That doesn't mean it's any less of a shock to you. I remember that I was pretty bummed when I got my first (and last) fake at a cheap kiosk - it seemed pretty important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xu_chen View Post
    Well, in any case, I sent the bottle back and got full refund. It smelled great but I'm almost 100% certain it was fake.

For all you eBayers out there. Everything about my bottle of GIT was perfect, except for at the bottom of the bottle it says "Made in Raris" and also there is no serial number on the bottle (there is one on the box). Just FYI

My next Creed purchase will be at Sak's Fifth Ave. $250 is worth it for peace of mind.
    I agree - Saks or one of the other legitimate retailers is the way to go. We have some experienced eBayers here who can handle getting the real deal, but I'm not one of them. Still, I do understand that people just starting out or on a budget need to catch a break where they can, and eBay is an important option for those folks.

Another nice thing about Saks is that you can sample the whole range, wear them around a while, and take home some samples. The good retailers provide a lot of service - even more than just peace of mind.

And by the way - welcome to Basenotes!

Default Is my Creed MI fake? please help me out [lots of hi-res pixs]

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your input and sorry for another Creed fake post

I just aquired a bottle of Creed M Imperial 2.5 oz (see through bottle, not gold metal) with doubt and i wanted everyone's opinions.

Ok, so, I got myself a sample tube of Creed M. Imperial and fell in LOVE with it at the instance.

but before i give you my story at the bottom of this thread; please have a look at the high-res pics.

ps. I have searched this site and came accross alot of fake threads and read them all. But this seems like a new beast.

The Box
    the edges of the box may look abit beaten up; this is due to i carry it on my backpack. it comes with Creed buz card, small pamphlet with Eng, Fra, Ital, and Deutsch on it.

The bottom has lot number "LOT CD03Y07" -the lot number matches the bottle

-Bottle

The bottom has LOT number "LOT CD03Y07" -the lot number matches the box. Caption: "Made in France, Paris", "HP", "6"
    It may be hard to see from these pic due to taking bottle picture is not my thing, but in life, the print is nice and clear

-Cap
    I affirm the cap consist of two separate pieces but hard to tell from these pics.

according to one of the post, the inside of the lid should have another plastic layer, this looks good

according to another post, the REAL creed has white nozzle-head, but mine is black - NOT Good
    But it has the insol, which is good

White plastic collar, good

Than, a guy on ebay with 56 100% positive feedback, his account was created on March 2007. He had a New bottle of Creed MI on his auction and his reason for selling it was he got was two bottles of MI as gift and he wants to get rip one of them.

I asked for the seller's information, whether he purchased online or in a department store; department he replied with the name of it and i checked that store -Creed authorized dealer.

+ 1 point

I then cheched his history just to ensure he's telling the truth...the only thing i can find is; he made a purchase from a perfume seller back in may 2007. and nothing else.

+ 1 point

it was a 2.5 oz size see-through bottle....most bogus are 4 oz gold metal bottle.

+ 1 point

So, here's my beef:
    That smell is abit different than the MI sample, the MI sample smelled rich tea scent but that MI bottle doesn't smell like it. maybe the sample is over due and changed to a much richer scent?

After I spray it on my skin , you can smell it but after 1 minute (or when the liquid drys up), you can't smell it, NOT even other people can smell it.
    you will have to put your noise touching the skin to smell it and that's only upto 7 minutes

IT FADES so quick (not staying on my skin), is this normal?
    I tried on like 4 different person and same situation.

Did i got a re-juiced bottle?
    The whole bottle didn't look anything open at ALL. so mint

DID the seller switched the bottle and replaced all the legit parts to the fake bottle?

BUT, here's another DEAL

If I spray it onto a piece of paper (the Creed Business card) or clothe,,,the scent stays!

the scent is little different from the sample too

I was told taht sample are much richer than the real thing due to that it has to stand out more to convince potential buyers, any comments on this -anyone?

so,
    Beauty or Beast - you make the call

Thank you all for your input and sorry for another Creed fake post
    Last edited by tom1231; 16th October 2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: just removing some pic and down size pix -sorry for large files

Default Re: Fake Creed -New Beast or newbie's problem? [lots of hi-res pixs]

Hey there,

I'm not going to venture to guess whether or not the bottle you got is fake. However, I will let you in on something that I have come across.

When I first tried Creed, I had made some decants at a local store that was kind enough to let me make a few. Well, their samples are not old, but they have been there for a little bit. I later confirmed that they were produced in a lot from almost 2 years ago.

Anyway, I also ordered a couple of samples of some of the same fragrances. Well, the fragrance samples smelled quite different than the decants that I made from the testers. I couldn't explain this as I KNEW that they were both legitimate sources. Anyway, I discussed this with a few people and was told that 1. Lots of fragrances made with higher concentrations of natural ingredients will have slight differences from lot to lot......and 2. Creed fragrances have a tendency to "age" in the bottle. I've had a chance to try some sprays from different bottles of the same Creed fragrances since then and I particularly notice it in Green Irish Tweed and Silver Mountain Water. Certain lots and newer bottles are crisper and tend to be lighter in the Ambergris base. Older bottles are much more prominent with that sweet, resinous ambergris.

So, I'm not saying that is the explanation for your situation, but it might be.

Hope you figure it out!

Jester
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Default Re: Is my Creed MI fake? please help me out [lots of hi-res pixs]

its a 100% legit piece. the sprayer mechanism and the spritzer finish is the biggest proof. and you yourself claim it has better lasting on paper than on skin. so, dont worry, maybe it doesnt work on your skin but you have a legitimate piece with you...

Default Re: Is my Creed MI fake? please help me out [lots of hi-res pixs]

Oh come on... you just wanted to show your new creed bottle
    But didn't you know that MI bottle are all golden?

Just messing with you. It is legit.

But your camera, I am not sure is original... you should send it to me so I can "inspect it".