Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • deleted

0 0%
  • deleted

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Fake Creed

Default Re: Got the Fake Creed Millesime Imperial that I ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fipple View Post
    Just taken a gamble of 71.50 for Creed millisime imperial 75 ml....Fr to good to be true But!...Ive spoken to the guy at l'amora perfumeria uk and he seems ok,plus at least he was get holdable..lol....I will let u know the outcome in a couple of days....
    71.50 isn't really super cheap, so it should be okay. Some years back I bought 125m bottles of GIT for A$83 each, and a few months back I bought 125 ml bottles of Tabarome Millisime for $68 each. All were genuine.

Funny how this old thread of mine has popped back twice, and I've received e-mails about it too.

I did eventually empty the fake Millime Imperial down the kitchen sink and sent the empty bottle to a Basenoter in Canada.
    Unfortunately, regardless of what detergent I used down the sink, that fake scent stank my kitchen out shockingly for the next two weeks.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Buying from Ebay is a total gamble I would not even consider it.
    I did buy Original Santal and Erolfa from Ebay, at relatively expensive prices, and they were genuine.
    If the prices were very cheap, I'd be very suspicious too.
    Renato

It's a dice roll buying on eBay IMO. You could win or lose.

I think the 30ml and the 75ml bottles are much more likely to be real than the common 120ml flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Well, after the fabulous thread on the fake GIT, curiosty got the better of me and I just had to see what a fake Creed looked like. So I got the cheapest one I could find from our Ebay friend Sarah.

My fake Creed Millesime Imperial is a work of art. The packaging and bottle were pretty much flawless. As I was opening the package, I was comparing it to the content of my new bottle of authentic Royal Water - and just marvelling at how good the copying had been done. The attention to detail was staggering. In fact, I was a bit worried that I may have actually gotten the real thing.

Pulling the sprayer's top off reveals the same error as that in the picture in the GIT thread - namely that the white plastic nozzle does not go down into a white plastic base, but instead goes down to an area surrounded by metal from the top of the bottle.

The scent smells like a gone-off version of a scent called Watt (that comes in a lightbulb shaped bottle).

It would be hilarious if people actually sprayed themselves with this scent and thought it was the real MI. I don't understand why the counterfeiters didn't put something a bit better in, like 4711.

Anyhow, as I said, other than for the scent itself and the error in the nozzle, this fake Creed really is something to behold.
    Renato

P.S. By popular request, here is a photo. Fake nozzle is the gold one on the left.
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ra57/mypic4.JPG
    Just had the deal of the century!...Ordered 75 ml millisime imperial for 70 on monday 6/06/11 recieved it today 7/06/11 and its totally 100 % genuine!..How on earth he charged me that is beyond me but he did(l amora perfumeria.com)
    Before u ask! ive owned originals b4 and im well versed in the scent and die down,and this is legit =0) One happy customer Wooooooooooooohooooooooooo!

Well, after the fabulous thread on the fake GIT, curiosty got the better of me and I just had to see what a fake Creed looked like. So I got the cheapest one I could find from our Ebay friend Sarah.

My fake Creed Millesime Imperial is a work of art. The packaging and bottle were pretty much flawless. As I was opening the package, I was comparing it to the content of my new bottle of authentic Royal Water - and just marvelling at how good the copying had been done. The attention to detail was staggering. In fact, I was a bit worried that I may have actually gotten the real thing.

Pulling the sprayer's top off reveals the same error as that in the picture in the GIT thread - namely that the white plastic nozzle does not go down into a white plastic base, but instead goes down to an area surrounded by metal from the top of the bottle.

The scent smells like a gone-off version of a scent called Watt (that comes in a lightbulb shaped bottle).

It would be hilarious if people actually sprayed themselves with this scent and thought it was the real MI. I don't understand why the counterfeiters didn't put something a bit better in, like 4711.

Anyhow, as I said, other than for the scent itself and the error in the nozzle, this fake Creed really is something to behold.
    Renato

P.S. By popular request, here is a photo. Fake nozzle is the gold one on the left.
    Just had the deal of the century!...Ordered 75 ml millisime imperial for 70 on monday 6/06/11 recieved it today 7/06/11 and its totally 100 % genuine!..How on earth he charged me that is beyond me but he did(l amora perfumeria.com)
    Before u ask! ive owned originals b4 and im well versed in the scent and die down,and this is legit =0) One happy customer Wooooooooooooohooooooooooo!

Renato

From whom have you purchased it from? I've always purchased my Creeds from a Creed retailer, never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    From whom have you purchased it from? I've always purchased my Creeds from a Creed retailer, never had a problem.
    L amora perfumeria.co.uk...Ive spoken to the owner extensively,I basically quizzed the guy to death,he assured me in his opinion it is genuine blah blah so i went for it..
    As i stated,it came today 7/06/11 and Wow!..ITS mindblowing!..i say this because ive been wearing it for 4 hrs plus and its going like the clappers!..Seems refined and stronger than my last bottle.It may be down to it being 3 yrs old..A3308F02 MADE 08.
    From previous threads ive heard it mentioned, that time may improve this scent and maybe it has, because i cant recall my newer bottle of imperial ever smelling this strong and lush for so long...Either way i split it,,its the same if not better than any imperial ive brought b4 and for 71.50 including postage..And its 100% genuine...Gorgeous!.

How can they sell it this low!?...I havent got a clue!,we could muse endlessly but im not going dwn the Creed raBBit hole of paranioa...Im gd to go with this scent and feel a breath of fresh air that i wasnt ripped off...I would recommend this retailer(but always make a call and chat before u order anywhere)..

Oops! thought u was refering to me!...

First post here first thing i've been able to post about! I think the below link might be a hint of a follow-up fake imperial maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREED-IMPERIAL...item20ba1fe2db

Just bought a 2.5 oz bottle for $106.00 at ScentedMonkey.com. Keeping my fingers crossed. I did notice on the electronic invoice it has the number 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    This is an old thread, and Sara's Shop on Ebay disappeared a while after I posted this.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Fipple View Post
    Congratulations, I can see that you are happy.
    The best thing about Creeds, is that one can then participate in debates about them here.
    I remember canning MI here about 7 years ago because the spray I got from a legit retailer just didn't last more than two hours on my wrist. But when again tested it two years ago, it lasted 7 or 8 hours.
    Regards,
    Renato

Anyplace that sells a legit 4 ounce bottle of MI? Even ebayer?

Last edited by DULLAH; 8th June 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Related topic.......this looks outstanding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GREAT-MO...item1c27ee981f

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Related topic.......this looks outstanding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GREAT-MO...item1c27ee981f
    Hahahaha. Nice find!