Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun by Jill Sander

Hi Everyone,
    I have a question which is nagging me relating to this scent. Both it and the male version are currently on sale here. I was taken by the male one and bought it for myself. I smelled the female one and thought it was really good, something a bit different.

So I got my ladyfriend to try it on her skin and was most surprised - she didn't like it at all (remember, I would have bought it on the spot for her if she'd said she liked it). She normally likes most scents and, till now, she's always been very happy with the 60 or 70 I've picked for her (I bought Jill Sander Pure for her instead).

Her thoughts on it now are that it improves as time passes, but she really doesn't like for the first half hour or so.

My question - is this an odd scent to you? Did you have a reaction similar to that of my ladyfriend, or is it just a quirk with her?
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 27th July 2006 at 12:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Sun by Jill Sander

I have JIl SAnder SUN..actually up for swap as it has a note I cannot stand!Something strange to me..I just don't like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sun by Jill Sander

Quote Originally Posted by carlita
    I have JIl SAnder SUN..actually up for swap as it has a note I cannot stand!Something strange to me..I just don't like it.
    Hmmm - now that's interesting.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Sun by Jill Sander

I have been using SUN for years and like it very much - the warmest scent I know. Can be cloying to some people however but I prefer stronger recognizable scents. Mightbe chemistry too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61
    I have been using SUN for years and like it very much - the warmest scent I know. Can be cloying to some people however but I prefer stronger recognizable scents. Mightbe chemistry too.
    That's an interesting perspective. I've only tested both male and female versions now - in the middle of our winter - when I don't think either are at their best.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Sun is really an odd scent for me, too!!! I like all the other Sanders (have never sniffed no. 3, tho), but this one has something I don`t like. Wish I knew what it is?!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input. That's two out of three who concur with my ladyfriend, and one who concurs with me.

I might still go buy a few gift sets as Christmas presents. They might smell better when in gets hot down here.
    Renato

Jil Sander Sun was my signature fragrance in '96 and '97... Ohh I still love it! I will never forget how my friends and random people at school would go nuts smelling me and always asking what that incredible scent I was wearing was... In fact, I had a guy in class who was sitting always close to me ask what it was and once he had found out that he was not able to find any in Canada offered to pay for my half full bottle anything I wanted for it... He wanted it for his girlfriend, but I could never part with my SUN... I'm on my 3rd bottle since then and this is one of my top 10 among hundreds of other fragrances I wear here and there...

I love SUN!!!!!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to really love this one and went out of my way to find a mini of it years ago. Sadly it didn't suit me. It mostly reminded me of bland sun lotion and just sort of sat there on top of my skin. I guess I expected it to realy blend with my skin and smell warm, musky-skin-like, and exotic.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu