Code of Conduct

Default Prada Amber Homme sucks :b

I received my bottle yesterday I bought from ebay and what a disappointment indeed.

It took Puig two years to create this? Please tell me this is a joke?

The scent to me is heavy in musk and not a nice blend at that. The scent greatly reminds me of cheep Royal Copenhagen Musk for men.

Don't worry if you want this cheep for I feel that Marshall's will be swamp with it by the new year.

I have to admit I found Davidoff Silver Shadow much more interesting then Prada's crap.

Default Re: Prada Amber Homme sucks :b

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I received my bottle yesterday I bought from ebay and what a disappointment indeed.

It took Puig two years to create this? Please tell me this is a joke?

The scent to me is heavy in musk and not a nice blend at that. The scent greatly reminds me of cheep Royal Copenhagen Musk for men.
    That's the current direction of fragrances i'm afraid.
    I have to admit I found Davidoff Silver Shadow much more interesting then Prada's crap.
    Hey! Me too. I'm rather intrigued by Silver Shadow. It will definitely get reviewed in my notebook one day.

Prada for Men is one that I have been waiting for....well....kind of....you know what I mean.
    I was also taken back by Silver Shadow....ina way I was shocked at how nice this is....I really want to try the Pure Blend scent....this should really be interesting.
    Antidote by V&R really sounds like the one for me.
    Gary

Wow! I liked it! I'll be curious to see more reviews as it becomes more widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeAddict
    Wow! I liked it! I'll be curious to see more reviews as it becomes more widely available.
    And i'd like to review it when i can get my hands on it! I always feel like the last person to smell a frag as they seem to release the frags very late here in Asia.
    Last edited by milamber; 29th July 2006 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    And i'd like to review it when i can get my hands on it!
    I also would like to test it and review it, even if some other folks don't like it. Uh-oh, I wonder if I should worry that I seem to be developing a tendency to want to smell EVERYTHING.

Marlen just posted a review of it a couple of days ago on his web site www.perfumecritic.com
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    I always feel like the last person to smell a frag as they seem to release the frags very late here in Asia.
    In most cases, you're right... us Americans get to smell a lot of scents first. So do Europeans, for that matter. But, it was the inverse for Gaultier2 here... they released it in Asia and everywhere else way before the US. Too bad, because if it weren't for the delays, I could have discovered one of my fave scents sooner.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    In most cases, you're right... us Americans get to smell a lot of scents first. So do Europeans, for that matter. But, it was the inverse for Gaultier2 here... they released it in Asia and everywhere else way before the US. Too bad, because if it weren't for the delays, I could have discovered one of my fave scents sooner.
    There must have been a hitch in the US marketing of Gaultier2. The norm is a release in US and Europe before Asia and perhaps Australia. Looking forward to the Prada, but expecting the same construction as many of the recent offerings. Marlen liked it so there's still hope for the scent. Check it out. He also has a Carven/Cannabis challenge that i'm sorely tempted to take part in. To those who have tried it, please fill up the basenotes directory for Prada Amber.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    I bet if the discussion was nuclear fission you could segue to Gaultier2 without missing a beat.

There's a new bottle of Prada for Men on ebay for $52.00.

I wonder is this is more or less when it Nordy's.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeAddict
    There's a new bottle of Prada for Men on ebay for $52.00.

I wonder is this is more or less when it Nordy's.
    I think this is cheaper than what it will retail for once it's launched.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    I think this is cheaper than what it will retail for once it's launched.

Yes the ones on ebay are much more cheep the then the hefty price tag once its at nordstrom. I am glad I didnt spend so much for I really can't take the scent : (

I love this classic scent, It really takes you on a journey, starting with Versace homme, and somehow a few hours later smelling like Vetiver Extraordinare.
    Last edited by musclegod007; 2nd September 2006 at 02:29 PM.