Code of Conduct

Default After Black Orchid, 12 more Tom Ford fragrances next spring!

From WWD.com

Here is the ad for the upcoming Black Orchid by Tom Ford Beauty.

Look at the black Lalique art deco inspired bottle! Only 5000, at $600 a piece, were produced! As earlier reported the print campaign features Julia Restoin-Roitfeld (daughter of French Vogue editor in chief Carine Roitfeld) made upin the fashion of a Fifties Hollywood pinup girl.

The fragrance, by Givaudan, has top notes of French jasmine, black gardenia, ylang ylang, bergamot, mandarin and effervescent citrus; a heart of Tom Ford black orchid (headspace), spicy floral orchid accords and lotus wood, and a drydown of patchouli, incense, amber, sandalwood and vanilla. Available in pure perfume extract (Lalique bottle) and edp.

In the spring a hair perfume, a moisturizing body lotion, a cleansing oil and a finishing oil spray will be added to the line.

Launch is for now only in the USA, UK, France, Italy and Germany.

...wait, there is more.

Tom Ford is going to introduce a collection of 12 (!!!) unisex fragrances called Tom Ford Private Blend (Hello Frederic Malle). They were originally planned for Ford's freestanding stores (Hello Hermessence) but the line might now end up in a few very selected stores. "These are fragrances for fragrance connoisseurs." he said. The Tom Ford clothes and accesories stores will feature sort of a shop in shop: a perfumery with his Private Blends and upcoming makeup line but also where you can have your very own perfume blended.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 28th July 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Default Re: After Black Orchid, 12 more Tom Ford fragrances next spring!

[QUOTE=cedriceccentric]From WWD.com

Here is the ad for the upcoming Black Orchid by Tom Ford Beauty.

Look at the black Lalique art deco inspired bottle! Only 5000, at $600 a piece, were produced! As earlier reported the print campaign features Julia Restoin-Roitfeld (daughter of French Vogue editor in chief Carine Roitfeld) made upin the fashion of a Fifties Hollywood pinup girl.

The fragrance, by Givaudan, has top notes of French jasmine, black gardenia, ylang ylang, bergamot, mandarin and effervescent citrus; a heart of Tom Ford black orchid (headspace), spicy floral orchid accords and lotus wood, and a drydown of patchouli, incense, amber, sandalwood and vanilla. Available in pure perfume extract (Lalique bottle) and edp.

In the spring a hair perfume, a moisturizing body lotion, a cleansing oil and a finishing oil spray will be added to the line.

Launch is for now only in the USA, UK, France, Italy and Germany.

...wait, there is more.
    QUOTE]

*gasps slightly hysterical*
    Oh my god, i already LOVE the campaign. A snowwhite-like 50'ies pin-up... the scent MUST be intersting. Should this one finally satisfy and end my search for the ultimate Bettie Page perfume?
    Cedric, have you already sniffed it, in the end?
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

LOVE the ad! Matching lipstick and nail polish (with an otherwise natural look) has always been my favourite. So classy and classic! There's also a nice film noir femme fatale vibe.

Also the girl in the ad has character, she's not the average blond bimbo and she isn't doing that annoying Kiera Knightley pout, either.

Since I love Nu and I like the sound of the notes, Black Orchid is definitely a must-try.

Thanks for the scoop , Cedric!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

That ad is soooo beautiful!! The scent sounds like I'd love it also, thank you Cedric.

Wink Re: After Black Orchid, 12 more Tom Ford fragrances next spring!

I'm a newbie. I have been all over the web, and your thread was the first real information that I've come across. Thank you so much!