Code of Conduct

Smile Hello to everyone and nice to meet you!

Hi I'm new here,not quite new actually as I have been reading your threads for some time now!
    I would like to say how much your oppinions have helped me in understanding more as well as appreciating the fragrances,especially the underated ones or not very well known by most people like me!
    With regards to top notes, middle notes and base notes I had no idea that they exist and that I have to give a fragrance a few chances to develop on my skin for a a few hours before I jump to the wrong conclusions.
    I have tested a lot fragrances lately in my local chemist shop(Boots) and discovered many interesting fragrances.I have also begun to understand more the composition of some of the fragrances,with the help of your oppinions of course, however I am still in my initial stages of this expensive habbit of looking,testing,understanding and buying fragrances so therefore I would like to ask you to be patient with me!
    Thanks for having me and long live the basenotes!

Default Re: Hello to everyone and nice to meet you!

Welcome! You seem to have a good attitude. I look forward to your future contributions here.

Hi marcos,
    good to have another brit on board!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

marcos - I would advise you to read the thread about getting free company samples, as many fragrance houses are generous in that way and it's a good way of testing scents out to see if you really like them, before buying.

Some of the members on here offer samples and decants for sale as well, and that's a way of buying smaller amounts and saving money.

I'm also quite new here and find the threads very interesting and informative.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Welcome!!!!!

Welcome to BN from another newbie .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Hi Marcos,
    -
    Welcome to BN. Like you, I was a newbie not a very long time ago. My, but how my nose has developed since then! At times I can make out the similarities between perfumes, sometimes individual notes come out and hit me, and that's the pleasure of the whole addiction! Have a great time.

Welcome to Basenotes, marcos_xs!

Hi Marcos, welcome aboard!

Although I have been here for many years, I still considered myself a newbie! I don't buy as many bottles as the scentoholics here, only the ones I really REALLY love. However, I make it a rule to test as many fragrance as I possibly can and of course samples are always good ("Always ask for samples" - read that 10 times, so you will always remember to ask for it when you are near a perfume shop)

Keep spritzing!

Welcome to Basenotes!

Welcome to Basenotes....It is a pleasure to have you on board....I can tell you have been doing some reading about fragrances and how to use them...looking forward to your contributions.
    Again....Welcome!!!!
    Gary

Wellcome.

I as well am new and learning a lot of things that I didn't even know existed. Welcome to Basenotes, fellow newbie!

Hi, I'm also relatively new at this and can honestly say that basenotes has increased the steepness of my learning curve immensely, apart from the folks here being really nice people (I was not bribed with fragrances for this testimonial ) Enjoy!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Welcome aboard Marcus, and oh yes hold on tight to your wallet .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

nice to meet you too!
    a warm welcome!