Code of Conduct

Default Miller Harris Fragrancies

Has anyone tried these scents from MH? Just stumbled across this site by accident.

It seems there's a new perfumer springing up every day!

http://www.millerharris.com/index2.asp

They look intriquing, but how do they rate?

Cheers..

Default Re: Miller Harris Fragrancies

I've tried Citron Citron and loved it. Excellent Citrus IMHO.

Actually Miller Harris fragrances have been around since 2000.

Apart from Feuilles de Tabac EDP and Tangerine Vert EDP, they get very little press around here. It's a pity because many of them are fine creations and some of them are outstanding.

Citron Citron (EDT and EDP) is one of the outstanding ones, as is Cuir d'Oranger (from the Nouvelle Edition Collection), a lighter softer version of MPG's Parfum d'Habit, a leather based fragrance with citrus top notes and heart notes interlaced with iris--really outstanding. I've been a fan of Miller Harris fragrances for a long time. Citron Citron is in my top three citrus fragrances of all time. Strong pure, clean citrus notes underpinned by a delicate herbal and spice accord that carries and extends the citrus element throughout the entire drydown. Extraordinarily elegant and somewhat bitter, but a balanced, softened bitterness. Again, really outstanding. Citron Citron comes in and Eau de Perfume concentration (1 oz bottle) that's about 22% concentration. The EDT is really technically and EDP at 12% concentration. Worn together, you get the longest lasting citrus fragrance on the planet.

There are those who don't like them because they don't last, but that's not true for all of them; besides, they're made with a significant percentage of natural ingredients so that's the trade off. I've accepted their limited longevity and that fact that most of them wear close to the body, so I am okay with that aspect of their nature. Both Citron Citron and Cuir d'Oranger have exceptionally good longevity and diffusivity.

scentemental

I absolutely love Feuilles de Tabac - I would have to rate it my favorite tobacco scent, and I find that it has excellent longevity.

I adore the Terre de Bois. A very soft, natural and comforting scent of woods and spices.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by baron
    I absolutely love Feuilles de Tabac - I would have to rate it my favorite tobacco scent, and I find that it has excellent longevity.
    I have a sample of this from luckyscent.com (The Scent Bar) and I agree! It's an amazing tobacco scent.

Not sure if I like it better than Havana yet...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Feuilles de Tabac and Terre de Bois are extraordinary scents for men. The citruses are also nice, but less appealing to me; they smell similar to other good citrus scents.

They also make a lot of floral stuff, mostly aimed at women.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    Actually Miller Harris fragrances have been around since 2000.

Apart from Feuilles de Tabac EDP and Tangerine Vert EDP, they get very little press around here. It's a pity because many of them are fine creations and some of them are outstanding.

Citron Citron (EDT and EDP) is one of the outstanding ones, as is Cuir d'Oranger (from the Nouvelle Edition Collection), a lighter softer version of MPG's Parfum d'Habit, a leather based fragrance with citrus top notes and heart notes interlaced with iris--really outstanding. I've been a fan of Miller Harris fragrances for a long time. Citron Citron is in my top three citrus fragrances of all time. Strong pure, clean citrus notes underpinned by a delicate herbal and spice accord that carries and extends the citrus element throughout the entire drydown. Extraordinarily elegant and somewhat bitter, but a balanced, softened bitterness. Again, really outstanding. Citron Citron comes in and Eau de Perfume concentration (1 oz bottle) that's about 22% concentration. The EDT is really technically and EDP at 12% concentration. Worn together, you get the longest lasting citrus fragrance on the planet.

There are those who don't like them because they don't last, but that's not true for all of them; besides, they're made with a significant percentage of natural ingredients so that's the trade off. I've accepted their limited longevity and that fact that most of them wear close to the body, so I am okay with that aspect of their nature. Both Citron Citron and Cuir d'Oranger have exceptionally good longevity and diffusivity.

scentemental
    Scentemental, this being the summer season, I am curious to know what your top 5 or top 10 citrus scents are.
    -

None of the MH fragrances have really blown me away, but -

Cuir d'Oranger, Terre de Bois, and Feuilles Tabac are all very good, relatively unique, attractive, wearable fragrances. These I would say are the best of the ones I've tried.

Some people swear by Tangerine Vert, though to me it is so-so.

Fleur Oriental is a rip-off of Shalimar, but a well-made one.

Noix de Tubereuse is a fine, elegant tuberose.

They do a fine vetiver, Vetiver Bourbon, and a good fig, Figue Amere.

They are all well made, the bottles are wholly lovely, most of them share a characteristic earthy blackness, and they are a little overpriced.