Code of Conduct

Default Roberto Cavalli for Man

As everybody knows, I'm always buying blind.
    I know all the risks but I can't deny there's a nice thing about it...
    Well, this time the fragrance was a let down... Maybe because I had great expectations about it. It's curious why I had such great expectations about a relatively obscure scent, the probable reason was the high price all the stores here ask for it. So, when I saw it for 1/3 the price, I thought to myself I couldn't help buying it blind!

First of all, It's not bad: It's a light/subtle fresh scent. Starts with a very nice smell, citrusy (as always...) and a bit spicy, but It only lasts 5 minutes. Dries down to something even more subtle that I still can't define exactly... Maybe a lightly fruity soapy smell.
    The main problem of this fragrance is its longevity. It's one of the weakest scents I've ever tried! After 1 hour It starts to disappear and 2 hours later I can't barely smell anything. A fragrance for those who don't like fragrances.

The snake sculpted on the bottle is nice. I wish they had worked with the same creativity in the composition of the juice.

What do you guys think about it?

Default Re: Roberto Cavalli for Man

I liked the smell of it when I tried it at Macy's and bought the EDT and related bath products.

I wore it next day and it disappeared within the hour.

I immediately swapped it.

The next week I saw it appeared on the swap list of the person I swapped with!

I regard it as a mediocre scent, I was expecting a bit more, being that Cavalli's name is synonymous with vibrant designs, unfortunately this fragrance lacks lustre...

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    I regard it as a mediocre scent, I was expecting a bit more, being that Cavalli's name is synonymous with vibrant designs, unfortunately this fragrance lacks lustre...
    Yeah, that's it! Maybe I was expecting a vibrant, distinct fragrance and all I got was a "lack of character" type of scent.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Yeah, that's it! Maybe I was expecting a vibrant, distinct fragrance and all I got was a "lack of character" type of scent.
    commiserations RCavs!