Code of Conduct

Talking I got some Lucky Scent samples

Here is what I got and what I think about it:

La Base for Him
    LINK

Smells very nice. Like a herb garden. It's fresh but the drydown reveals a rougher edge which is interesting. It's not a "in your face" scent but very minimal and subtle. I really like it. Great Summer Scent.

wild mint, basil, geranium, thyme, sage, oakmoss, pinewood, dried herbs

Catherine Memmi - Attidude Pour Homme]
    LINK

Soapy like a you just smeared a bar of soup all over you. I am disappointed in this one. I thought it will be clean and subtle but it turns out its kind of cheap smelling like a $2 shower gel. Also the name doesn't match the scent at all.
    A loser.

green tea, nutmeg, bergamot

Comme Des Garcons - Guerrilla #1
    LINK

The new CdG has gotton some mixed reviews so I was really looking forward to seeing myself. I have really grown very fond of CdG. I think they are extremely adventurous and just slightly off. They take chances and I really like that. So the new Guerrilla #1 has aspects of that CdG tradition of taking chances but it does not take a lot of them. If a lesser house had released this it would be considered awesome but from giants like CdG it's a bit of let down. None of this means that it's a bad scent of any means. It's a flowery scent with some woodsy bottom notes. It's a nice fragrance, it will not blow you away but it is very nice. I love the Pear and Saffron at the top there.

top: Pear, Saffron, Cloves,
    middle: Flower of Champaca, Black Pepper
    base: Vetyver, Cedarwood, Musk

Comme Des Garcons - Guerrilla #2
    LINK

The second in the Guerrilla series is very different from the first. It's a stronger, warmer and more masculine scent. Seems like you can really smell that Ginger in there. While I like this one it's not something I would wear and I am not actually sure exactly why I actually like the softer #1 better.

op: Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Ginger
    middle: Red Pepper, Curcuma, Raspberry, Tuberose
    base: Vetyver, cedarwood, musk

Elternhaus - MoslBuddJewChristHinDao (Unifaith)
    LINK

I have been waiting to try this fragrance. It's been quite controversial on LuckyScent. 50ml Eau de perfume $300. The sample was $8. I just had to know what the big deal is about this scent. Well, considering it's pseudo religious asperations (which is pretty rediculous). It smells like a church that has a lot incense and candles burning. It's a very pleasent scent but I can not get over the fact that I have smelled this before and especially not for $300. It actually smells like some of the CdG insence series frags (much cheaper). This is one of those frags that because it has such a rediculous price tag becomes attractive to some people, I mean how many other people will actually buy a full bottle. Pretty much guarantees you will be the only one around that would have it - Woo Hoo.

cassis, basilic, marioana base, mate, immortelle, labdanum, olibanum, rose, gaiac, black pepper, vetiver, sandalwood, cedar wood, patchouli, musk, amber

That's it.
    Goodbye

mentallo
    Last edited by mentallo; 29th July 2006 at 02:39 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Default Re: Some Lucky Scent samples

Thanks for your reviews. The elternhaus ( sp)? sounds interesting. I should drive to the Scent Bar and give it a 'test'. I'll compare it with the cdg incense. For some reason, I'm into incense lately.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS