Code of Conduct

Default Creed Reputable Online Retailers

Friends,

After being tortured with Ebay and some illegitimate creed purchases (I did take the risk); I am left to ask: where have others gone to buy Creed online? I really hate to go to Neiman Marcus and pay their prices, surely there must be other reputable online retailers without having sell your first born. Where have others gone online with repeated satisfaction for Creed?

Default Re: Creed Reputable Online Retailers

parfumsraffy.com are one of the "official" online retailers and have a vast collection.

scentiments.com are unofficial, but have an excellent collection of many legitimate frags. However, their Creed stock is usually "out of stock".

strawberry.net is also pretty good.
    -

I recently purchased from scentiments.com

They seem reputable. I bought the 4-oz. bottle of Millesime Imperial.
    I don't know how they obtain their stock. When I first checked with
    them they were out of stock on MI. But I entered my E-mail address
    in their form and in a few weeks I got an E-mail saying they had a
    bottle in stock. I bought it for a good price (around $90).

My only slight complaint is that the top notes don't seem quite how I
    remember them from the Neiman-Marcus tester. But, this may have as
    much to do with Creed as with the retailer.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Scentiments.

I have purchased many creeds from parfumebay.com and the scentedmonkey all were authentic and in good condition. However, the ones I recieved were from 2001 and 2002. So they are older than what you can get at NM, or an authorized reseller. Scentedmonkey did not cut out the dates or any part of the box, whereas parfumebay did. I suppose the discount retailers get the overstock from stores as the shelves are stocked with new ones. However, if you ask oliver creed himself he will tell you to find the oldest bottle you can find. I will definitely order from an online retailer in the future, the price difference in my opinion is worth the loss of the top notes. Which, with creeds, is usually gone before you leave the house anyway.

creeddirect = Bond no 9.

Very Reputable

Suravionline.com (they have Creed, but the products are not currently listed on the website - they have some unbelievable prices so it's absolutely worth sending an email).

BeautyCafe.com - tried and tested, one of the best e-tailers around.\

And Scentiments.com, of course...

I have never purchased a fragrance directly through amazon.com but when you look at the Creed fragrances on their site it says guaranteed authentic. Amazon appears to be a middleman for perfumebay.com.

Here is the deal with Creed.

OK, their press is about how they use a lot of naturals in their compositions. These are great but these can be mondo volatile and react rather unwell to heat and light - cook if you will; unlike nicely engineered for stability laboratory molecules.

Creed's distribution is "loose" to put it kindly. With the amount they ship purportedly to the UAE and SA, folks there should be soaking in it daily. but what happens instead? The container loads of Creed get flipped at the Dubai docks and stowed on the slow boat to Savannah. But they may wait a week or two on the DXB cement and then take the transload at Gioia Tauro wait another week or two and then take the slow passage on the top of a stack out of the Med and across the Southern North Atlantic. Nice way to cook the juice in the summer time. Lots of lines make DG go above deck as a rule.

I'd prefer a nice Antwerp-NYC 11 day transit in spring or fall thankyewverymuch

It's called "secondary market" or less kindly "gray market". And while it is fab for lab scents - really good prices on stable juice - it can do not so nice things to tender volatile natural things. So you take your chances with all the online discounters, Scentiments included. It's up to you as consumer to weigh the risk and do the cost/benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelynn
    Here is the deal with Creed.

It's called "secondary market" or less kindly "gray market". And while it is fab for lab scents - really good prices on stable juice - it can do not so nice things to tender volatile natural things. So you take your chances with all the online discounters, Scentiments included. It's up to you as consumer to weigh the risk and do the cost/benefit.
    You hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD my friend, and I won't say anymore about it.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

This is so depressing, but it is good to be aware of the possibilities of buying bad frags.

Did anyone notice this recent thread about the perfume forgery industry?
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=184813

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    You hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD my friend, and I won't say anymore about it.
    Thanks Vijay!

I toil daily in the international transportation and logistics biz and have for more years than I would care to remember. So for me, the supply chain and marketing shenanigans are almost as interesting as the juice itself.

The stix part of Canada Eatern Ontario though I was born in T.O and grew up in Richmond Hill

I have boughten Green Irish Tweed a few times successfully. Pricey yes but it was worth ot. This was the scent I loved and was willing to pay the big bucks for. On top of that it is the one that everyone else seemed to like to. It was stronger and has a sweet muskiness to it. The other ones were pricey enough for a substandard product. What adds to the confusion is the paper inside which is written in what appears to be Arabic, The earlier authentic ones were different. Now I am not saying this is waht makes it authentic or not but it does make you wonder where is was made and were they using the same formula? Was there a lack of quality control? Was this a knock off made at a sweat shop? And one more possibl scenario. Did the authentic manufacurer change the formula and not say anything. consider how the big soft drink companes have changed their formulas many times over the years and only informed the public about it a few times. Now I am not suggesting this is the casr but it is something to consider. I still have an empty bottle of the original that I loved so much. Fortunately I can use it to compare anything with. In fact If i go into a shop from now on I am going to bring the cap along to compare the testors with. My suggestion is spend the extra money as painful as it is if you can be reasonably sure what your getting is authentic. I am going to attempt to purchase from the house of Creed itself. I am half tempted to mail them my cap and say send me the one that smells like this.

Holy smokes, I posted this thread almost a year ago!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I have recently purchased bottles from scentiments and scentedmonkey. Both have been authentic and fresh, the latter being a 2007 bottle of MI. I was in Canada a few months ago and an SA at Holt Renfrew tried to sell me a bottle of OV for almost $300. I went for scentiments instead and got a very fresh and authentic bottle for $100.

Given, there is a risk buying online, but I have found nothing but quality for a fraction of the price.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 31st May 2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: :)
    You are not your perfume.

Likewise, recently purchased an '07 bottle of GIT at perfume.com--completely legit and fresh as the juice I sampled beforehand at NM (at a substantial discount, as well).

i bought creed himalaya from www.strawberrynet.com just a week ago.
    it took only 5 dys to have it from the US or HK (whereever) to Turkey...very satisfied with the service and prices are also very reasonable..but himalaya was not the right choice i think due to its bad performance on longevity ...