Code of Conduct

Default Need some help after trying on a few scents...

Ok, so I went to Sephora with my gf, and out of the things we tried it seems that Polo Blue and Kenneth Cole Black are her favorite. Can you guys find some similarities in there, and maybe figure out what other colognes she/I may enjoy?

I didn't really like the Black that much(not bad though) and the Polo Blue has longevity issues, so I wanted to find something else, something also that could become a sig scent, perhaps a little more "manly" as opposed to "fresh"?

I appreciate any input!

Default Re: Need some help after trying on a few scents...

Hey georgiatechboy,

I read your post about you and your gf shopping for colognes, and I couldn't help but think of something that maisonstinky said in his second post in this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=184925

Vijay owns a perfume store, and he said that when a couple walks into his store, it is the hardest thing to please both of them, and when he does accomplish that feat, he feels like beating his chest like Tarzan of the Jungle!

I suggest you try one or more of the highest rated fragrances at Basenotes:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/bas....cgi?SB=top100

Best of luck with your quest, and let us know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    Hey georgiatechboy,

I read your post about you and your gf shopping for colognes, and I couldn't help but think of something that maisonstinky said in his second post in this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=184925

Vijay owns a perfume store, and he said that when a couple walks into his store, it is the hardest thing to please both of them, and when he does accomplish that feat, he feels like beating his chest like Tarzan of the Jungle!

I suggest you try one or more of the highest rated fragrances at Basenotes:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/bas....cgi?SB=top100

Best of luck with your quest, and let us know how it turns out!
    Rockford, I could not help myself and started laughing when I read your post . This is exactly what I was talking about selling to couples, in the thread you mentioned. There are always going to be issues when there are two people involved. I don't care if they are a couple it happens with two friends walking in a perfume store together.

Georgiatechboy, my advice to you, (you have been at BN for some time now)
    you pretty much would have an idea of what you might want to try. Go out and try things alone, do not try more than three scents max. Don't listen to any hype from SA's (# 1 seller etc), unless they are telling you the notes in those fragrances. Ask for samples if you can. Come home and write notes.

Choose a scent that makes you feel good about yourself and makes you feel good and confident. You have to please yourself first, before you can please others. Once you have done that, you will be able to carry that scent in a magnifiscent way, and the way you act will make others like the scent, because my friend, that is what you are about
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

My advice is listen to vjay's much wisdom there!!!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by georgiatechboy
    Ok, so I went to Sephora with my gf, and out of the things we tried it seems that Polo Blue and Kenneth Cole Black are her favorite. Can you guys find some similarities in there, and maybe figure out what other colognes she/I may enjoy?
    Ooh Yeah! They both elicit the colour BLUE and contain marine notes. Trust me, others of that nature that you should now look at are:
    1. CK Escape
    2. Halston Unbound
    3. Nikos Sculpture
    4. Davidoff Cool Water
    5. Cool Water Deep
    6. Cool Water Game
    7. Dunhill Blue
    8. Laguna Homme (my fav juice in this category)
    9. Cacharel Nemo
    10. Givenchy Xeryus

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    Ooh Yeah! They both elicit the colour BLUE and contain marine notes. Trust me, others of that nature that you should now look at are:
    1. CK Escape
    2. Halston Unbound
    3. Nikos Sculpture
    4. Davidoff Cool Water
    5. Cool Water Deep
    6. Cool Water Game
    7. Dunhill Blue
    8. Laguna Homme (my fav juice in this category)
    9. Cacharel Nemo
    10. Givenchy Xeryus
    This is a good starting point and I would add Bulgari Aqua. Here is a review of it on perfumecritic.com
    http://www.perfumecritic.com/blog/_a...6/2164462.html