Code of Conduct

Thread: Hey, Pizanos!

Default Hey, Pizanos!

Well, I guess I give a little background, yes?

I'm pretty much new to the world of cologne. I started last Winter, where I asked a non-cologne community what I should get. I ended up getting Vera Wang for Men (evening wear), and Very Sexy For Him (Victoria's Secret, I guess more of a daytime/anytime wear?). At my Dad's house (which I don't go to too often), I have a bottle of Hugo Boss Selection (Nothing too sharp... are those called high notes? And is smooth. I would agree it is kind of an avarageish scent). I started smelling around, and decided to get Kenneth Cole Reaction as my Summer cologne. Who knew Summer would be just ending, though? Lastly, I have .5ml mini-bottles of Hugo by Hugo Boss (Which I actually really love, but everyone hates it?), Eternity for Men (Don't like it), and Davidoff Coolwater (Want to get a fullsize of this).

Anyways, I guess to kick it off, I was looking to expand my collection, and I do want to choose all the wrong scents. First off, forget anything Abercrombie and Fitch. Wayy too many young rapscallions I hang out with wear that shit, and too much of it. Typical scenerio, a girl smells something good, I tell her it's me, and she goes, "Wow! What is that?", then the knucklehead to the left of me goes, "Oh, smell me, too!" Smells him, and said, "Oh. Fierce?". C'Mon! What kind of impression is that! Well not a very good one.

So something very smooth... I was impressed with Pi and Silver Streak by Davidoff (But agree it wears off too quickly... but I really, really like this one... if there is one that is very similar, but lasts longer, please let me in the know!), and was hoping to get suggestions as to where in the eveningwear catergory I should be looking for smoother smells like this.

Lastly, I want a new freshwear. I haven't smelling too many, so maybe just naming names would be good, and I'll go down to Robinson's May or Nordstrom's (Someone has got to tell where is the best place to smell) and smell 'em (By the way, I already know to buy online). I can tell you Lacoste smelled alright, but didn't seem to be strong at all. Very Sexy is good, but perhaps too sharp for my taste, and I want something that will be good for the Fall (since I have a Summer cologne).

Anyways, awesome place! I've been looking for a cologne community to learn the ropes.

Default Re: Hey, Pizanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Nathan
    I want a new freshwear. I haven't smelling too many, so maybe just naming names would be good
    I recommend these fresh scents:
    - Guerlain Vetiver
    - Gendarme Original
    - Gendarme V
    - Gendarme 20
    - Geir
    - Hermes Un Jardin en Méditerranée
    - Lanvin L'Homme

Welcome to Basenotes!

And one more fresh scent that I forgot to mention in my first post:
    - Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Welcome to basenotes!!!

You seem to have some knowledge of the of the stuff we talk about here. There are so many more smoothe scents though. There are different types too. I don't know if you want a gourmand, oriental, spicey, or woody smoothe.

Some that I would think of since you like Pi are Boss Bottled (#6) by Hugo Boss, and Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. They seem smoothe enough to me. They are very vanilla heavy. Great for winter. Warm and sweet.

Something else for you that might give you a little more unique quality is Dior Homme by Christian Dior. It is a wonderful gourmand. I've not met a nose that didn't fancy this one. Girls love it. It is a little nutty but sweet with a honey note that makes this one irresistable.

Something fresh that you want? Why not look at Live Jazz from YSL. I have it on right now! It is a great deal. Scentiments sells it for really cheap. It is one of the more unique fresh scents. I love it for the summer heat. It is a little powdery on me but great overall. I like powder scents. If you do too then try Armani Code by Giorgio Armani. It is a wonderful scent for dates/evenings. It is heavenly. I get compliments on this one quite often. The only downside is that it is becoming one of the most popular scents. Unique in smell but you might smell it all over your friends too...

Another fresh scent might be Azzaro Chrome by Louis Azzaro. It is a wonderful scent that people enjoy. If you wear it in moderation it can be a great summertime smell.

That is all I can come up with now. Good luck on your hunt and welcome, once again!!

Alright, awesome. I have already smelled Pi, and I am very impressed with it. Other than that... I haven't heard of much of these? Frankly, I don't think I saw any of these at Robinson's May. Is there a chain that would carry the lot of these? Or would a fragrance kiosk have samples to share?

Is Scentiments the for sure best place to buy online? Someone also suggested perfumeoutlet.net; looked nicer, at least.

Is Scentiments the for sure best place to buy online?
    For online shopping, check out these threads in the Basenotes City Shopping Guides Forum:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=177409

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=177420

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=177403

Hm, judging by what you like and what you want a fragrance to do:

-Chanel Allure Homme
    -Chanel Allure Homme Sport

...and Welcome to Basenotes!! You've found a goldmine of knowledge to 'learn the ropes' from.

Overcome By Fumes

Hey, what's a pizano?

If you'd like something fresh and unique and yet still sweet and accessible, try Lolita Lempicka au Masculin. If it proves too rich, there is also a "fresh" version that plays up more of the light notes. I think you can find it in the West Hills.

For fresh wear: Live Jazz, Joop Nightflight, Geir, Green Irish Tweed, Philosykos, Isfarkand

For Evening Wear: Body Kouros, Angel for Men, Tea For Two, Dzing!, Gucci Envy, Bvlgari Black, Bvlgari PH, D&G PH, Gucci Envy, and M7 just to name a few.

Just read around the site and youll discover many things to try.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I ended up getting Dior Homme from Scentiments (also grabbed a 4.2oz of Cool Water for $24). I smelled a good amount of stuff suggested; I didn't get to smell Gucci Envy, which I really wanted to try, and couldn't find Gueterlain or Gendarme.

I also don't know what to think of Angel Men. I only tried it on a fragrance card, and I didn't take it with me. I kind of get the scent... is it really that attractive?

Also, what's the scent or scents that get the best reactions from the ladies? So far, my best one was Very Sexy I, but I have a feeling this isn't the final frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Hey, what's a pizano?
    I remember it from the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. Mario would say "Hey, pizanos! It's the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!". Well, now that I've googled it, I don't think it means anything? Well, I meant it in the context of 'pals', or something.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I ended up getting Dior Homme from Scentiments (also grabbed a 4.2oz of Cool Water for $24). I smelled a good amount of stuff suggested; I didn't get to smell Gucci Envy, which I really wanted to try, and couldn't find Gueterlain or Gendarme.

I also don't know what to think of Angel Men. I only tried it on a fragrance card, and I didn't take it with me. I kind of get the scent... is it really that attractive?

Also, what's the scent or scents that get the best reactions from the ladies? So far, my best one was Very Sexy I, but I have a feeling this isn't the final frontier.

I remember it from the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. Mario would say "Hey, pizanos! It's the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!". Well, now that I've googled it, I don't think it means anything? Well, I meant it in the context of 'pals', or something.
    ive seen it spelled paizanos

Overcome By Fumes

Here's my favorite Fall/Winter frag. It is considered an older man's scent, but I believe it will be one of the new classics. Bijan for men. It starts rather dry and sharp but dries down Warm, woodsey and conifereous with a sweet, amber finish. It is VERY potent, so use it cautiously and it will serve you well. BTW, I always get comps from the ladies when I wear this. I wear it very lightly, so it's only when they get close that they notice. I also get lots of comments from by bfs as well. ;P