Code of Conduct

Default Fendi Uomo rediscovered

I had this buried in a box from a previous move and its been hiding for a couple of years in seclusion. I found it yesterday.

I remember thinking it was "ok" when I bought it. It didn't strike me as incredible but worth having for the outlet price I paid for it.

It is my SOTD, and WOW. This is going to be in heavy use this for me this fall and winter. Fendi Uomo is like...Bel Ami Lite. Not quite as smokey or oppressive, a little sweeter and more wearable.

This stuff is nice, and can be found for next to nothing.

I like rediscovering things I have already bought. Its like free cologne!

Mark

Default Re: Fendi Uomo rediscovered

Looks like i might have to dust off my old bottle of Fendi Uomo and give it another try!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Smile Re: Fendi Uomo rediscovered

This one together with Trussardi Uomo has been old favorites. I still have half a bottle:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Fendi Uomo is one of my old favorites too. Real Italian classic!

I have a tough relationship with this fragrance... Sometimes I like it a lot, sometimes I hate its cumin note!

Is this worth buying, they have it at the drug store(I've knicknamed the drugstore fragrance clear out heaven)by my girlfriends for like 15 dollars?
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

I like this fragrance too. Very intense and long lasting. I was working the men's fragrance counter when this was launched. Quite a classy production of props and a very sensual video. I'm surprised with Fendi's luxury fashion house that their fragrance house seems to falter.

I saw Fendi Uomo at TJ Maxx and gave it a try in the store. When I got home, it had dried down a bit and I really got a since what it's about. I found it to be a really dressed up, formal fragrance. I also thought it reminded me of pizza spices, which is not bad thing to me. Very dry, warm and spicey and upon further dry-down, it got drier and somewhat leathery. It's really nice, but I feel like I would need to wear a suit everyday to go with it. Very "Mr. G.Q." kind of scent.

S

Read this thread and was very intrigued. I love frags from eighties, have many. Went ahead and bought it blind, being thinking that it is impossible that I dislike it. Well, today it is my SOTD. I am disillusioned. The smell. I would not say it is bad, no. I found it pleasant, but nothing special that stands out and grabs me. I like unique easy recognizable and striking ones, but Fendi Uomo did not click for me. Other things are silage and lasting. I read that this scent is “dangerous” so should be applied carefully. I sprayed three shot-chest, back of my neck and on my arm (as I frequently do for new frags to check it during day, you know what I am talking about). Usually, immediately even not very potent scents put big aroma right after application, but that one did not. I did not found silage from it, just stays close to skin and only saying something around. It lasts for sure, I still keep sniffing it on my arm and it is definitely there and going strong after six hours, but very close to skin, like being afraid to escape the surface, no silage. May be some how my nose just deaf to Fendi? Surprised. For example, Bulgari PH, as said here by most, does not last, but on my skin I would say it sits forever and I can feel it around even at the end of the day.

Well, just would like to share my experience.
    Alas, probably one more candidate for my sell/trade list.

Sorry you didn't care for this one yuri- I expect you didn't pay too much for it- I've seen it for about $15 for 100ml here in Texas.

I find it similar to Bel Ami- which I would easily consider the more "dangerous" option. I find Fendi more wearable and less overpowering and oppressive.

This is one of those I'd expect most 80's connoisseurs to enjoy, but to each his own nose I have discovered.

What are some of your favs from the era? I haven't tried them all myself.

I'm very glad I'm not the only one who really enjoys this one. I have been on basenotes for about 5 months now, and have gotten the feeling that a thread like this would either get ignored or ridiculed because of the frag being ultra cheap. I do really like a few other ultra cheap ones too such as Caesar's Man (nice romantic), Jacomo de Jacomo (very distinctive), and Remy Latour Cigar (great lavendar).

One interesting thing to add about Fendi. I first bought it about 6 years ago for less than $15. About a month ago, while traveling in Montreal, I went to a store someone suggested (for rare and discontinued) in the Montreal section, and they had a bottle of Fendi Uomo for $99 CAD. I couldn't help from laughing when the owner told me it was a really good price.

I just picked up a small one of these for $20 or so, and I'm enjoying it for the first time. Comparisons with Bel Ami, one of my faves for sure, but Fendi has a sweeter floral note, and not as much of the "funk" as Bel Ami, to my nose. Once Fendi dies down a bit, that is.

Very nice, and a good one for fans of leather, I think....
    How come The Frag Foundation's site doesn't even list it in the directory, though? Is it discontinued?

...........I may just acquire this one again.....

Got rid of it years ago during a downsizing phase......

......Not half bad.

During my pre-Basenotes era, I at one time had Fendi Uomo, Boss No. 1, Jacomo de Jacomo, and Z-14 in simultaneous, regular rotation! Was that a power-quartet or what? I stil enjoy all four, though not so heavily. On the other hand, Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EDT is my SOTD today. Enjoy!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dayknight
    Sorry you didn't care for this one yuri- I expect you didn't pay too much for it- I've seen it for about $15 for 100ml here in Texas.

I find it similar to Bel Ami- which I would easily consider the more "dangerous" option. I find Fendi more wearable and less overpowering and oppressive.

This is one of those I'd expect most 80's connoisseurs to enjoy, but to each his own nose I have discovered.

What are some of your favs from the era? I haven't tried them all myself.
    Dayknight,
    yes I did not pay that much, that's why I dared to buy blind.

I found it wearable, but nothing special for me, though I am among those who enjoy scents from 80's.

I like Bogarts (I am like broken record)
    Bogart Original,
    One Man Show,

Other:
    Aramis,
    Drakkar,
    Quorum (I cooled off to it nowadays),
    Givenchy Gentleman (thanks BN that I found it, greatest!),
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

from top of my head.
    All of them are bold, long lasting with great sillage. Those days it was a norm, nowadays it is exclusion (well, not litteraly but you know what I mean).

Just got some yesterday and Im really impressed!!! Smells a lot classier than its price would suggest. On first impressions it opens like Antaeus and dries down like Givenchy Gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I do really like a few other ultra cheap ones too such as Caesar's Man (nice romantic), Jacomo de Jacomo (very distinctive), and Remy Latour Cigar (great lavendar).
    Hey, Mark, How does this Remy Latour Cigar smell like? I can buy it cheap online, but would hate to get crap even for a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by rompip
    Just got some yesterday and Im really impressed!!! Smells a lot classier than its price would suggest. On first impressions it opens like Antaeus and dries down like Givenchy Gentleman.
    Nice comparison, Rompimp, but I think Gentleman has a sweet drydown, maybe due to the cinnamon, while Fendi exudes a non sweet at all cumin note.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Nice comparison, Rompimp, but I think Gentleman has a sweet drydown, maybe due to the cinnamon, while Fendi exudes a non sweet at all cumin note.
    Well Im not gonna argue I must still wear it a few more times.

This Fendi is really nice though.