Code of Conduct

Default Jasmine scents for men?

Hello - I'm new here and am having fun reading reviews. I'm relatively new to Cologne, and so far am a big fan of Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, the different Davidoff Cool Waters, Drakkar Noir and Givenchy Pi.

But, what I really love is Jasmine. I drink Jasmine tea, and I have a Jasmine tree and a Jasmine plant/shrub at home. From what I can tell Jasmine seems to be regarded as a feminine smell. Maybe that's why I love it so much, but if I could smell Jasmine on my self as I walked around all day, I'd probably walk 6 inches in the air.

Is there any frangrance, for men, or even for women that smells basically primarily like Jasmine? Should I just get some esential oil or something? Apparently Jasmine is a really hard scent to capture.

In any case, any ideas or discussion is welcome. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jasmine scents for men?

Personally I love the Jasmine in Polo Crest.

I wouldn't recommend that one though if you hate the original Polo, but the sweet floral addition of jasmine sweetens up Crest a lot, making it more accessible.

In my opinion one of the most undeserved discontinuations- replaced by Polo Blue and other run of the mill aquatics.

Hi !

I believe you could give a try to Jasmin de Nuit from Different Company or Jasmal from Creed...
    Enjoy the discovery !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Give Azzaro Chrome a try

Post Thanks / Like

Montale makes a unisex jasmine fragrance that I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to order a sample. It's called Full Jasmin.
    Last edited by DJB; 1st August 2006 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJB
    Montale makes a unisex jasmine fragrance that I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to order a sample. It's called Full Jasmin.
    I just found out it's not unisex, it's a feminine frag (sorry bout that)...but maybe still worth a shot. Has notes of jasmine, orange blossom, and honeysuckle.

Thanks to all - I'll try some of these when I get the chance. Hopefully one of these really captures the jasmine scent. For anyone who's interested, there's another thread on this I found: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=168329

I think I'll start another thread on orange blossom...

Post Thanks / Like

I too like jasmine. There is no reason why men can't wear a floral as long as it's mixed with other "Masculine" notes. Eternity for Men has a strong jasmine note that I like. It is balanced nicely with green botanicals and woods.

Thumbs up Re: Jasmine scents for men?

Jasmine is my favorite flower scent and Chanel no. 5 is the only flower dominated scent that I like on me and I have always considered it very feminine so one of these days I am going to have to test some of these men's fragrances. Just out of curiousity, I would love to see how they turn Jasmine into a masculine scent. Please don't think I am doubting you, I am just curious as to how they do it. Jasmine is so special in my opinion that I can't see women keeping it for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that A La Nuit by Serge Lutens is a very realistic jasmine scent. I think it's essentially feminine, but it is incredible. You could maybe get a small sample to see what it's like, and if you found it to be too feminine to feel comfortable wearing you could just wear it around your house and float there! I like wearing it to bed. I think everyone who loves jasmine should give it a sniff.