Code of Conduct

Thread: What to wear?

Talking What to wear?

I never thought I'd post a "what should I wear" type of thread, but here it is!

This Friday I'm taking my girlfriend to an event in L.A. that is a strange combination of New Age, BDSM (not the real intense stuff, very mainstream), DJs, Art, massage, and other interesting stuff. It starts at 9:00 PM and goes until 3:00 AM and is somewhat dressy but not formal.

What should I wear?

I was thinking of one of the following,

Bois de Portugal because of it's very classy and unique.

Passage D'enfer because...well the name says it all!

Amouage Dia also classy but maybe a little too stuffy.

Mike Storer's Monk also classy with a touch of the Gothic, but not much sillage.

Other ideas accepted!

The interesting thing is, my current GF could care less about fragrences! She's smoking hot and has a great sense of fashion, but doesn't have the "scent gene".

Serpent

Default Re: What to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by pesurf
    a strange combination of... BDSM... and is somewhat dressy but not formal.
    People getting dressed-up - but not too dressed-up! - to see other people barely dressed, tied-up, and spanked. God bless Los Angeles! Of course, few people in this town generally give two turds about scent; your girlfriend is just a typical Angeleno, I'd say...

If it's mild BDSM on display, I can't help but think a leather scent would be appropriate. Aramis perhaps?

Funny how you guys focused on the BDSM part of it!

But leather does sound like a good idea. Maybe Cuiron or, if my decant of Creed Cuir de Russie arrives in time...

Antaeus. At least consider it

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Made some reading on BDSM..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

Let's see...
    If you are going to be the dominant one then wear something that a dominant male would wear like Kouros, Antaeus, Azzaro PH, Zino, Rochas Lui or.... A*Men
    If you are going to be the submissive one then wear an oriental like Habit Rouge, Pi, Opium, Jaipur, Egoiste, Lolita Lempicka etc, as the Orient evokes passivity, and as a submissive one I assume that you'll also be passive .

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30
    Made some reading on BDSM..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

Let's see...
    If you are going to be the dominant one then wear something that a dominant male would wear like Kouros, Antaeus, Azzaro PH, Zino, Rochas Lui or.... A*Men
    If you are going to be the submissive one then wear an oriental like Habit Rouge, Pi, Opium, Jaipur, Egoiste, Lolita Lempicka etc, as the Orient evokes passivity, and as a submissive one I assume that you'll also be passive .
    We're going just as observers! Let's not start any rumors now!

There's also a bunch of art, music, self improvement type of stuff! Can we not focus on that aspect????

There's also a bunch of art, music, self improvement type of stuff! Can we not focus on that aspect????
    No! It's too much fun to think of what scent to wear to a spanking!

I wouldn't want to wear leather per se, but Anteaus is always a good suggestion for an art evening with a smoking hot lady. If you can get some Floris Vetiver, it might be good since it's plenty naughty a vetiver.

Otherwise I hope you get your Creed Cuir de Russie in time! I'm a fan.

But back to the spanking...
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    No! It's too much fun to think of what scent to wear to a spanking!

I wouldn't want to wear leather per se, but Anteaus is always a good suggestion for an art evening with a smoking hot lady. If you can get some Floris Vetiver, it might be good since it's plenty naughty a vetiver.

Otherwise I hope you get your Creed Cuir de Russie in time! I'm a fan.

But back to the spanking...
    --Chris
    OK! I guess there is a lot of room for humor!

I have Anteus, but I'm a little burned out on it.

I also have Richard James. My ex told me it was the sexiest scent she ever smelled!

...There's also a bunch of art, music, self improvement type of stuff! . . .
    Hmm, I use to tell me mums that I was going out to "the library" as an excuse during my teen years. Nevertheless, how about BlackXS or L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe or Montale Black Aoud?

If BDSM is involved, Bandit would be my choice.

I would go with Passage D'enfer since you don't have the holy grail of BDSM scents listed, which would be the one and only "Elixir of Brutal Darkness"....Bandit.

S

I'd go with your Lagerfeld Photo, especially if it is the old stuff. It is interesting and wears well in the heat for a leather.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Overcome By Fumes

Pd'E

What about Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie? Probably the most leather fetish domino smell I can imagine. And a damn brutal-but-classy one!!!