Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some New Men Frags 2005-2006

I've recently tried some new scents launched in 2005 and 2006 such as Davidoff Game, Lacoste Cool Play, Lacoste Essential, Eternity Summer, Tommy (2006), Davidoff Silver Shadow, Hugo Energise, Azzaro bright Visit and a few more which I can't remember. I find that these frags are in the same line of smell (same genre), which are fresh, lively, cool, and invigorating. I wonder if this is the new trend of the male frag? What do you think about these names?

If you look at my wardrope you'll see I have many different lines of scents. I do not like too masculine scent, Azzaro pour homme for example, as I'm in my 20s. I tend to go for fresh, sweet, and sexy scent, so these new frags launched in 2005-2006 attract me, but I just find that they are too similar. Which of those I've mentioned you think stand out of the crowd? I just don't understand why they create similar frags? It's just hard to choose one, so please opine your idea as I'd like to buy one of these. Thanks.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Some New Men Frags 2005-2006

its not a new trend for sure. The top-selling men's frag is Aqua di Gio, the torch-bearer of this genre, and that has been topping the hcarts since its release in 1996. I think the glut in the market of these shower-fresh me-too acquatics actually indicates that this trend has peaked and is on the way out, rather than ascending.

the interesting question is, what's the new trend?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe. Yes, I forgot that Cool Water and ADG have been there more than a decade. No, not the new trend, I used the wrong word, just see that similar scents come out like bullets of M16.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

The new trend seems to be more complex woody/musky/ambery/vanillic orientals.

Most of the new scents that are coming out in the US this fall fit into this category... Prada Amber, Davidoff Silver Shadow, Burberry London, John Varvatos Vintage, Gaultier2, and Calvin Klein Euphoria for Men will be among the examples.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

The novelties i've tried yesterday (Prada Amber, Emporio Armani Remix and Euphoria for men) were very different than this fresh/sweet/light stereotype. Well, Euphoria isn't that different actually (fruity and deep, close to Paco Rabanne's Paco), but:
    - Remix is more or less a Rive Gauche rip-off, a woody/fougère scent.
    - Prada is mossy and spicy, very interesting (and expensive).
    These two have nothing in common with AdG and l'Eau d'Issey.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    The new trend seems to be more complex woody/musky/ambery/vanillic orientals.

Most of the new scents that are coming out in the US this fall fit into this category... Prada Amber, Davidoff Silver Shadow, Burberry London, John Varvatos Vintage, Gaultier2, and Calvin Klein Euphoria for Men will be among the examples.
    This isn't a new trend, but rather an annual trend. Houses always release heavier/oriental scents for the fall because in most places of the world the launches coincide with cooler weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John
    This isn't a new trend, but rather an annual trend. Houses always release heavier/oriental scents for the fall because in most places of the world the launches coincide with cooler weather.
    Not last year... a lot of fresh/ozonic/aquatic/boring scents (Polo Black, Kenneth Cole Signature, etc.) came out in the fall of last year.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    The novelties i've tried yesterday (Prada Amber, Emporio Armani Remix and Euphoria for men) were very different than this fresh/sweet/light stereotype. Well, Euphoria isn't that different actually (fruity and deep, close to Paco Rabanne's Paco), but:
    - Remix is more or less a Rive Gauche rip-off, a woody/fougère scent.
    - Prada is mossy and spicy, very interesting (and expensive).
    These two have nothing in common with AdG and l'Eau d'Issey.

Is Euphoria for men out already? Where did you try it???
    Last edited by breeze11; 2nd August 2006 at 07:40 PM.

I tried it yesterday in Sephora, i think they just got it this week.
    my wardrobe

i have great expectations about the new euphoria, hope could be interesting...and seems will be a hit for the next seasons. can u tell us more details about the smell and longevity ??

longevity was ok, not great, but ok (well, it's no vanilla or leather scent, so don't expect it to last 12 hours...). But it has a very decent sillage: i sprayed it on my arm and could almost smell it from there.
    The fragrance itself is... fruity and quite powerful, a flowerish hint in the middle notes too i think. It reminded me the brand new Nina Ricci for women that i smelled the other day ("Nina"?). Maybe i didn't pay attention, but the fragrance didn't seem to evolve that much along time. So it's a sexy scent, for "young" people (i don't especially like splitting scents into young/old, but that one would seem definitely weird on most 50 years old men), and it's quite feminine, but not childish or "teenage-ish". I wouldn't be shocked it it was sold as a unisex scent.
    I can't say I absolutely loved it, cause it's not really my type of scent, but i found it really pleasant.
    my wardrobe

ThanX a lot for the description, ill wait to see it on stores and test it..