Code of Conduct

Default Jean Paul Gaultier

Hello all, I am planning on getting my mother Jean Paul Gaultier by Jean Paul Gaultier for her 49th birthday, and was wondering what you all thought of that idea. I have yet to smell it, but if it is anything like Le Male I think my mom will like it. Please give me any thoughts you have on my birthday idea. Thanks!

Default Re: Jean Paul Gaultier

I'm assuming you mean JPG Classique in the corset/bust bottle?

Be aware the EdP and EdT are two slightly different formulations. The EdT has more lighter, more bouyant notes and the EdP is richer- more rose, vanilla, and a rum accord.

Here are the notes for each:

EdT- Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber

EdP- Rum Essence, Rose Essence, Vanilla Orchid, Daffodil, Bourbon Vanilla, Sweet Amber, Sandalwood Absolute, Tonka Bean, Amber

I like both concentrations, but ended up getting a bottle of the EdP in the end. IMHO it is a beautiful fragrance. It is soft, warm and very womanly- a floriental style of perfume. It has a kind of glamorous aura about it. Not quite a bombshell fragrance, but very close to that era. The drydown is particularly lovely I feel and is the kind of perfume that invites people closer. I think your mom would probably love it.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

summer means fireflys

I too prefer the EDP. It's a deep amber-y vanilla laced with rum. I have had it on my lustlist for quite a while now. I've gone through a few samples and never fail to get a compliment while wearing it. Your mom will be a very lucky birthday girl.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I prefer the EDT, but then again for your mom, she might like the EDP as everyone said. I would recommend testing first.
    Neither the EDP nor the EDT of JPG's Classique is like LeMÔle!.