Code of Conduct

Default New: Paul Smith Story.

From WWD.com

Name: Story
    Brand: Paul Smith (Inter Parfums)
    Nose: Natalie Gracia Cetto (Givaudan)
    Packaging: The bottle is in the shape of a book after a drawing of Sir Paul Smith.

The ad by photographer Lachlan Bailey featuring model Mathias Lauriadsen (Looks very much like Peter Parker aka Spiderman, if you ask me).

Paul Smith Story is based on a vetiver note from Haiti.
    top: grapefruit, bergamot and green ivy
    heart: jasmine and green rose
    base: modern musks, mineral amber and cedarwood

Story took its inspiration from Sir Paul Smith passion for books and in particular his own book: "You Can Find Inspiration in Everything".

Default Re: New: Paul Smith Story.

I heart Paul Smith. Is that a company one can write to and get free samples?

Awesome ad! Unfortunately no Paul Smith fragrance has been to my liking at all so far...

I hope some of the budget went into the fragrance this time and not just the styling. PS Extreme is such a poor excuse for a perfume in such a cool bottle.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I am not a Paul Smith fan as of yet....my Son liked the fragrance that was in the Lime green bottle....the Extreme version is a little better. The London series is not to my liking at all....this sounds like something that I might like...This will be interesting....Thanks for the info.......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    From WWD.com

Name: Story
    Brand: Paul Smith (Inter Parfums)
    Nose: Natalie Gracia Cetto (Givaudan)
    Packaging: The bottle is in the shape of a book after a drawing of Sir Paul Smith.

The ad by photographer Lachlan Bailey featuring model Mathias Lauriadsen (Looks very much like Peter Parker aka Spiderman, if you ask me).

Story took its inspiration from Sir Paul Smith passion for books and in particular his own book: "You Can Find Inspiration in Everything".
    whats the shit is mineral amber???
    si doux, tout musc...

I'm waiting for the follow-up ad where the man in the ad rips off his shirt and reveals a Superman logo to put a twist in this story!

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

It say it's based on Veitver...yet there is no Vetiver listed in the pyramid! Am I missing something?

I'm wondering what is "green rose"?
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I guess if you add blue to yellow you get green. Maybe all the notes combined - we get vetiver?

I have a feeling it will smells like AdG, with that citrus topnotes and Jasmine at the heart. I quite like PS for men, its unusual - very 'citrus-green' and it evolves and changes dramatically, also its got that 'Fahrenheit-accord' that I like. I am very curious about this new one. The ad looks like its targeted at Bill Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by pesurf
    It say it's based on Veitver...yet there is no Vetiver listed in the pyramid! Am I missing something?
    WWD.com formulated the sentences almost in the same way. I don't understand what the writer exactly means either. I think it means that vetiver is the main note and that the ingredients of the pyramid are build around it, maybe that's why vetiver wasn't included...???

Future articles will give us more light.

Serpent

Am I the only one who thinks the bottle looks like a clear M7 flacon, complete with off-center sprayer?

Paul Smith London for Men works well for me - I don't go wild for the scent myself, but it gleans more compliments than anything else I have - so I'll definitely be checking this stuff out. The first Paul Smith scents were boring as all get-out, but I know women who really dig them, too. Mr., er, Sir Smith really seems to know ladies' noses well. (At least, what they like to smell on men...)

Quote Originally Posted by dirk
    whats the shit is mineral amber???

It's the amber note derived from metallic and/or mineral deposits. This is one highly synthetic scent! Any ideas on the perfumer and house responsible for this?

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    It's the amber note derived from metallic and/or mineral deposits. This is one highly synthetic scent! Any ideas on the perfumer and house responsible for this?
    Sorry to ask, but why do you use such small print? Just wondering...

The perfumer behind Story is Givaudan's Natalie Gracia Cetto. I saw on the NowSmellThis blog that she works regularly for Inter Parfums (the company who owns the license to Paul Smith's fragrances) as Miss Gracia Cetto also created Burberry's Brit and Brit Red and also Christian Lacroix's Tumulte pour Homme.

for me the model looks like the young Yves 'YSL' when he used to work for Dior.

Love the ad! And no, I'm not joking. That guy has got a beautiful mouth and eyes, no glasses can hide them...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Blog Entries

Since I don't wanna start a new thread without searching first. I figured I'd bump an old thread up. It's not really "New" BTW, since this thread is almost 2 years old. So don't be alarmed! I just received this as a blind buy and I'm starting to like it. I used have a bottle of TM Cologne and I gave it to a friend who wanted something very clean and soapy for work that lasts all day. Being the good buddy I was, I gave up that bottle. So I went in search of a suitable replacement, but something along the lines. Upon research, Paul Smith Story was a good choice without smelling too ordinary.

The opening notes is this bitter grapefruit. I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit, but I'll manage. The one thing I didn't like too much about anything vetiver based was the really grassy smell. With TM Cologne, it took me a few wears to get used to it smacking me in the face. This one, it slowly transitions into the vetiver and it's REALLY nice. On me and to my nose, it's quite soapy, but it's got a bit of character (the amber maybe? I usually hate amber, but it's very subtle here). I think this was the addition to my wardrobe that I was looking to fill. It's getting hotter nowadays, so this one's great. I was afraid I made a mistake buying this like I did with most of my blind buys (which I ended up selling), but this one's a winner!

Nice clean vetiver scent. All I smell at the top is citrus and then the mid notes smell like vetiver, and the base is sweet and comforting. It's worth trying, bought a bottle from fragrancenet.com for $27 blind. Wasn't disappointed. Good "everyday" scent. Very pleasing and unobtrusive, although nothing groundbreaking or attention grabbing.

Been wanting to try this one for awhile, but I've never come across a tester of it anywhere.

Take a whiff of Pert Plus shampoo in the green bottle. They smell almost identical. Good stuff.

I got samples of this in the mail today, and boy I am not impressed so far. "Salty Grapefruit" is the best I can do to describe it. I dunno. I just sprayed on some more and while it's not offensive, per se, neither does it seem particularly compelling.

Of course, give me another 48 hours and I might love the stuff so much that I'm ready to drink it. It just doesn't seem like very much is going on here, and what little is happening doesn't last very long.

It reminds me of that joke about the two little old ladies in a restaurant:

"Oh, Agnes, the food here is terrible."

"And such small portions!"

I'm going to keep an open mind. I have four 2ml vials of the stuff. I'm hating it less upon this second application. Really, though, it's mostly making me want a vodka and grapefruit with salt on the rim of the glass. What is that called, a Salty Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Take a whiff of Pert Plus shampoo in the green bottle. They smell almost identical. Good stuff.
    OMG!! Hahahaha!

Okay, maybe I do like it now.

Blog Entries

Hey, I just wanted to smell like I took a good shower for hours sometimes. So it works. Hahaha.

Interesting!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather