Code of Conduct

Default Looking for the one (and I've tried alot, let me tell you about my experiences)

Liked:

JHL Aramis 1982
    Relax Davidoff 1990
    Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche 1982
    Voleur de Roses L'Artisan Parfumeur 1993
    Ungaro III Ungaro 1993
    M7 Fresh Yves Saint Laurent 2004
    Gucci Envy
    Vera Wang

Neutral:

Armand Basi Homme Armand Basi 2000
    Ambre Extrême L'Artisan Parfumeur 2001
    Terre d'Hermès Hermès 2006

Didn't like:

Basi Homme Armand Basi 2001
    New Haarlem Bond No. 9 New York 2003
    Égoïste / L'Égoïste Chanel 1990
    Dior Homme Christian Dior 2005
    Bois du Portugal Creed 1987
    Yang Jacques Fath 1999
    Idole de Lubin Lubin 2005
    Laguna Homme Salvador Dali 2001
    Chergui Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido 2001

Basically, I'm a common occurence. I'm a young guy (20) in college and looking for some daytime wear colognes and some "nights out" colognes that suits people in my age group, and isn't too popular or common (for example, Cool Water and Acqua Di Gio are nice, but too common for me.. same with Mugler and a few others).

Any recommendations.

I'm trying to avoid colognes not recommded for a blind buy, because that's how I'll have to get these colognes, and the list you see above was acquired based on recommendations from basenotes (and amid all the raving reviews, I was surprised to see how terrible I thought the bad colognes were).

Though it is too early to tell, I probably don't like amber notes or tobacco notes.
    Last edited by joellark; 5th August 2006 at 04:50 AM.

Default Re: Looking for the one (and I've tried alot, let me tell you about my experiences)

You seem to have your finger on the classics of scent. Go here for something you may like:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ibute+classics
    Last edited by milamber; 5th August 2006 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: Looking for the one (and I've tried alot, let me tell you about my experiences)

Yep, seems like you like the classic style,
    You could also look into Armani eau PH, Paco Rabanne PH, Givenchy Xeryus, Givenchy Gentleman and Grey Flannel.