Code of Conduct

Default My predicament...

Hey guys,
    So after going out to Sephora on multiple occasions with my gf(ok, dragging her) it seems her favorite scents out of almost everything we have tried are:
    Armani Mania
    Polo Blue
    Kenneth Cole Black

I don't really mind any of the scents and I actually rather like the Armani Mania. Now my only problem is the longevity with these scents. I sprayed on about 5 sprays of Mania this morning(1 in each elbow crook, one on chest, one on neck, one on shirt) and I couldn't smell much after about 3 hours. It was still there and it actually does last pretty long but I have to stick my nose in my elbow to smell it.

I can't tell if this is olfactory fatigue or simply a weak scent...
    Any advice on either making it last longer or maybe its just me imagining its going away, because she said I smelled good the whole day when I asked her in the evening, but she probably was not actively trying to see if I did or not.
    Lol, maybe I'm just looking too much into it and should just forget about it, but wait, I'm a little OCD...

Default Re: My predicament...

Mania is pretty light. With a scent like that, you can be pretty liberal. I like to do many sprays to the chest/neck area when using lighter scents. Try more like 10 sprays (3 to chest, one to front of neck, one to each side of the neck, 1 to back of neck, 1 to hair, one to each arm) and see how that works. Even with 10 sprays I don't think it will be overpowering, and it will probably last longer. Good luck.

It really depends on your chemistry. For me, none of those scents lasts more than 4-5 hours and I usually spray myself 10-15 times with summer frags.

Thanks,
    Yeah, I like the scent of Mania, I just wish it would project for a little longer. I can still smell it on my skin after the entire day, but I can't smell it without sticking my nose into my elbow. If only there were a more concentrated version...

I feel bad spraying on 10 sprays of the stuff, thinking I will suffocate people...

Dude, the problem could be as you mentioned, spraying on your neck. That might be too close to you nose. I know for me it would be. Application is everything when it comes to fragrances. Too close to the nose means that you will develop olfactory fatigue because you can't get away from it and the scent receptors fill up and...then you can't smell it. How about wrists only or back of hands. I sometimes spray on my stomach so when I move I get a whiff of it.

Good luck.

Yeah, I will try spraying in different areas to see about that...

Another one I own is Emporio Armani He, but that one seems to last less on me than Mania. Any thoughts on this one? It is an older bottle(around 5 years old) so maybe thats why?

I'm thinking a bottle of Chrome may be a good choice. Can this be used in the colder months as well?

Mania and Polo Blue wear out on my in a few hours (or less) too. You're not alone my friend. These are awesome smelling fragrances, but you need to bathe yourself in them plus your clothes for it to last.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Dude, the problem could be as you mentioned, spraying on your neck. That might be too close to you nose. I know for me it would be. Application is everything when it comes to fragrances. Too close to the nose means that you will develop olfactory fatigue because you can't get away from it and the scent receptors fill up and...then you can't smell it. How about wrists only or back of hands. I sometimes spray on my stomach so when I move I get a whiff of it.

Good luck.
    1st time I thought about it like this. Great advice!

Try getting a heavier scent, because fall and winter are coming up, and none of the ones you listed will last at all in the colder months.

Hey guys,
    Just picked up a bottle of Paco Rabanne XS from Ross.

I must say, its pretty good so far. I only sprayed it about 20 minutes ago so I haven't really experienced the whole thing yet. I am waiting for it to warm up to the woodsy drydown. I think I may have found a winner here, seems like a lot of people say this one is good year round and for most occasions, just what I've been looking for.

I think I like the scent of Armani Mania better, but I can't smell a damn thing about about an hour or so unless I shower myself in it.

Anyone know about ladies reactions to the XS?

Ok,
    I take back that last comment after having it on for a few hours about the XS, think I'm going to have to get rid of this one.
    Hasn't really developed into anything I like. I love the Mania drydown. About 4-5 hours after I put it on, when I sniff the spot sprayed, it is just heavenly. I just wish I could find something that would project a little more for a little longer...

Blog Entries

I too really like Mania, and I have the same problem w/ it. It just seems to disappear way too rapidly. It smells awesome, though.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia