Code of Conduct

Thread: shiseido basala

Post Thanks / Like

Default shiseido basala

Has anyone tried this fragrance, can anyone tell me if this is any bit of a nice fragrance, it sounds interesting

Default Re: shiseido basala

all i remember is that it lasts literally forever. very spicy and evolving.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: shiseido basala

To me it smells like a smoky version of Heritage by Guerlain. Since I came to know Heritage first, it didn't strike me as original. If you look dry, smoky, and woody fragrances, Basala might be for you. It sure wasn't for me though...

Cool Re: shiseido basala

I'm not really familiar with Basala, I've only really tried my decant a few times but I really like. It's extremely spicy but it also has this slight dryness to it. I'm smelling my decant right now and it screams "RED", and it smells so evil. It's like smelling a hot pepper mixed with some wood notes. I'd recommend at least giving it a chance.

Thumbs up Re: shiseido basala

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81
    Has anyone tried this fragrance, can anyone tell me if this is any bit of a nice fragrance, it sounds interesting
    To me its more than a just bit of a nice fragrance...i love it! But then again, i enjoy masculine, spicy scents.

KO
    Last edited by knightowl; 23rd June 2006 at 05:23 AM.

Smile Re: shiseido basala

This scent recants the joy of perfumes made back then. Basala is sweet, spicy, and of course very woody. There's a moment when the woods are very sharp, very much like BO, but continues on to weave its sweet spicy and woody qualities. It's like a better warmer and woodsier version of Aqua Quorum to my nose.

Basala is a tad formal, sophisticated and well made. Pick one up while they're still around.

I bought a bottle of this about month ago.

The start of this fragrance is very, very interesting. First couple of hours it smells very unique, hot and intoxicating. It seems to be very complex with great amount of depth. (for some reason, to me Basala smells quite much like Ungaro III on steroids)

However, I`ve find the drydown a bit disapointing: it creates this sharp, extremely woody scent with nose stabbing pepper accord.
    And, this does not last on me as long as everyone else seem to think: After 7 or 8 hours it is almost impossible for me to track down this scent.

Anyway, I like this overall, and maybe it still has some secrets left for me to reveal...

Well, I just received my bottle this morning (I ordered it blind), but won't be testing it until the weekend... we'll see then.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 100 ml bottle from Hong Kong. It's complex and full of quality no doubt. Strong stuff that lasts forever. Thought I was on to something amazing but the pungent lavender x fruity notes endured and began to irritate me. It does have profound sillage that I like quite a lot. Reminded me a bit of Macassar but I like that one better.
    Last edited by pluran; 23rd June 2006 at 04:35 PM.

another basala fan here.! i have to remid me to get me some of it since i don't have any right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Was the scent launched as Basara and then changed into Basala,or vice versa?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I bought a 1.7oz bottle of Basala about a month ago and abosolutely love it. It reminds me of my childhood in an odd way. My front yard, growing up, used to have a large flower birm filled with lots and lots of cedar chips. You know, the kind you buy at Home Depot for landscaping? Well, that's what I get out of Basala. There are definitely other notes in there, as stated above, but the cedar-y fragrance is strong, very soft and appealing, yet masculine. I think you'd like it

Post Thanks / Like

alright thanks all, i might give it a blind buy sometime, for now, im enjoying gucci pour homme, im starting to grow more attached to it for some reason???? Geir has grown on me too and for that i'm shocked.??? I'm not digging dior homme that much, i liked it at first, but it seems week and close skinned and nothing shocking or eccentric.

I traded my (expensive) bottle after the 1st squirt.

Just not for me. Too "hot;" too dry. I appreciated it for what it was, though...a unique, quality fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Basala is a very spicy scent, yes, but also very sweet, with a sandalwoody sweetness.
    In many ways reminiscent of The Body Shop's Activist..

Basala is great, the top notes remind me of Aramis( forgive me if I am a little off, its been at least 20 years since I have smelled it) the rest is spice, wood, and sweet smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

oh yes, i had a sample until a couple of months ago:

a very well made scent, elegant and unobstrusive. to further class it, its a classical men's fougere with a high amount of cedarwood derrivatives and sandalwood smelling materials.

i would highly recommmend it! i have no doubt, that one day it will belong to the great classics of men's colognes
    !
    si doux, tout musc...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante
    Was the scent launched as Basara and then changed into Basala,or vice versa?

It was launched as Basara and chnaged to Basala. I remember on the yahoo boards years ago someone saying this had something to do with the name Basara being too close to Samsara, the women's fragrance.

I rarely wear Basala, but find it one of the more unique in my collection.

Its woody and spicy (a hot spice) and peppery. With a very slight sweetness that is akin to really really dark fruit. Almost like an Antaeus but with hot spices in it and less sweetness. I don't really get "evil" so much as hot.

Beautiful bottle. The color is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how no one has mentioned Basala's Japanese accord with it's notes. It smells Japanese!
    Renato

My guess would be that Shiseido always indended it to be Basala but it was launched in Japan and since the Japanese have no "L" it was introduced there as Basara.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayknight
    It was launched as Basara and chnaged to Basala. I remember on the yahoo boards years ago someone saying this had something to do with the name Basara being too close to Samsara, the women's fragrance.

I rarely wear Basala, but find it one of the more unique in my collection.

Its woody and spicy (a hot spice) and peppery. With a very slight sweetness that is akin to really really dark fruit. Almost like an Antaeus but with hot spices in it and less sweetness. I don't really get "evil" so much as hot.

Beautiful bottle. The color is awesome.