Code of Conduct

Cool A Duty-Free Treasure Trove!

Yesterday, while visiting the Detroit area for a Tigers game and the Ford Rouge Factory Tour (where the F-150 pickup is made), I decided to take a brief jump into Windsor, Canada. On the way back into the States, there was a duty-free shop at the Ambassador Bridge. I decided to stop, and I immediately went out to glance at the fragrance section.

I couldn't believe my eyes. There were a ton of hard-to-find gems... Egoiste, Minotaure, the Michel Germain scents, and such.

First, I decided to try out Egoiste... blecch. The top notes literally smelled like a dirty old pipe mixed in with cigarette smoke. Since I don't smoke, nor can I stand the smell of burning tobacco, I proceeded to wash some of it off. Later on, I could smell the glorious sandalwood drydown that everyone here talks about, but I'm not willing to spend 90 minutes in olfactory torture camp just for a good drydown.

Then, I decided to try the "flavor of the day"... Givenchy's Very Irresistible. It should have been called Very Stinky... it was too harsh and it didn't have enough of the gourmand notes I was looking for.

There, I about had it. I was about to purchase another bottle of Angel Men, but I saw a bottle of Black XS. Given our very own Marlen's love of the stuff, I spritzed a smelling strip of it and loved it. But, then, after trying to decide, I returned and saw that smelling strip... I thought "I had to have this"!

So, I bought the Black XS. I'm wearing this as my SOTD today... it seems to be the great, refreshing fruity scent my collection lacked for eons. Cool bottle, too.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: A Duty-Free Treasure Trove!

What a good game to go to! I will have to check out that duty free shop soon. It is about a 10 minute drive for me. How much did you pay for the Black XS?

Default Re: A Duty-Free Treasure Trove!

Quote Originally Posted by snakesandladders
    How much did you pay for the Black XS?
    About $48 Canadian for a 3.3 oz/100 mL bottle, which at current exchange rates is about $42 US.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."