Code of Conduct

Default Something similar to Chanel no 19?

I'd like to find a fragrance similar to Chanel no 19 - I like to sniff this one, but I'm not brave enough to wear it Can anybody suggest something a little bit more floral? No 19 is too woody and leathery for me, had it been a bit softer, I'd love it.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Something similar to Chanel no 19?

Having sampled No. 19 only in the store a couple times, but wanting to give it a better trial, I arranged a swap for a vial and yesterday gave it every chance to reveal itself on me. I noticed during the drydown a note stood out to me that was strikingly familiar. It reminded me of another frag, Fresh Index Cucumber Baie. "Galbanum?" I wondered. A quick check of the notes for each frag confirmed both list galbanum. If that's a quality you like, you may find something appealing in Cucumber Baie. Although it's more vegetal than floral, it does have some floral to it.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

The only one that comes to my mind is Arpège by Lanvin, but I might be totally wrong here....sure you`ll get more "accurate" replies!

A perfume called Dorissima Goldmund which is created by Doris Brugger is very similar to Chanel #19. Anick Goutal's Heure Exquise is almost identical with #19 to my nose.

Try Fidji and Gucci Envy, they are both green and very fresh, but Chanel#19 is far better and it's always a number one green scent for me-very classy,sophisticated and great for all occasions. Pure parfum is wonderful!
    Good luck!
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

Smile Re: Something similar to Chanel no 19?

I would recommend that you try wearing Chanel No 19. The first time I tried wearing it the scent was very strong and sharp at first but then after about ten minutes it softened beautifully on my skin. You don't have to be brave to wear this fragrance, just curious. Good luck!

this might sound crazy but there is so much iris in Dior Homme that it reminded me of Chanel No.19! I also think it's sweeter too. The top notes are very different though... But maybe i'm just going bananas here...

the first perfume from Scherrer, maybe the Eau du Soir, Estée from Estée Lauder....
    La Science des Rêves

24 Faubourg?

Riccigirl - first of all, be brave and try Chanel # 19! It's really not a strong scent, like #5 or Arpege or many others, but one of the lightest Chanel offers, in my opinion.

For an alternative, I used to find Amazone, by Hermes, rather similar to # 19 - not the same, but familiar.

Herb Lady

Blog Entries

Similar but less leathery then No.19 is Balmain Ivoire, which is more of a green floral then a chypre. You may also enjoy Dana Intrigue which is in a similar vein. I also recommend Diorella, O de Lancome, Chanel Cristalle EDT, Guy Larouche Fidji, Pierre Cardin Choc, and Demeter Poison Ivy for feminine green almost chypres.

NB: Diorella, Cristalle and Choc are genuine chypres.

Happy Sniffing!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Jacomo Silences reminds me a lot of Chanel 19 but is less sharp.

Murasaki is similar. It's soft and pretty. There is a leather note in it, but maybe not as strong as the one in the Chanel.

Safari is like a floral version of No. 19, to me. Also, Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence is a floral-chypre that reminds me a bit of No. 19.
    Last edited by Tovah; 20th August 2006 at 02:52 AM.

Try Annick Goutal's fantastic Heure Exquise it's very similar (Turkish rose, iris and sandalwood) but more sensual.

Amouage Gold for ladies
    La Science des Rêves

Thank you, so many good suggestions. I am going to say try Chanel #19 in a deodorant form, I know it is for a totally different purpose, but it is a very gentle formulation.

I find that customers that like No. 19 tend to like Rive Gauche and Anais Anais as well.

I'm certainly a fan of Balmain Ivoire, but I have to be in the right mood to wear it. Its not my "perfect" scent.

Anais Anais is much more floral than Chanel 19 or Balmain.