Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Question

Default Creed Question

Hi...I am new to the board and had a quick question. I have a few Creed fragrances that I purchased as Saks. I have been searching the sites recommended on this board for fragrance purchases. I was under the impression that the millesime fragrances such as santal, vetiver where of EDP strength. Yet most of the sites list them as EDT. Are there different versions of the scents (EDP & EDT) or are the sites mistaken? Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Question

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1975
    Hi...I am new to the board and had a quick question. I have a few Creed fragrances that I purchased as Saks. I have been searching the sites recommended on this board for fragrance purchases. I was under the impression that the millesime fragrances such as santal, vetiver where of EDP strength. Yet most of the sites list them as EDT. Are there different versions of the scents (EDP & EDT) or are the sites mistaken? Thanks!
    as far as i know theyre actually just "creed strength" and you make up your mind about what that means to you lol.. there aren't two versions

I found this on the Creed site...indicating that the Millesime's are of EDP strength:

Millésime

“Millésime” is a French term that denotes a product of extra fine quality and Creed's “Millésime” fragrances contain the highest percentage of natural essences to be found in the French perfume industry.

They continue to be produced, largely by hand, using time-honoured techniques in the highest tradition of classical perfumery.

They are all of Eau de Parfum strength, and therefore more complex and long lasting than the Eaux de Toilette…

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1975
    I found this on the Creed site...indicating that the Millesime's are of EDP strength:

Millésime

“Millésime” is a French term that denotes a product of extra fine quality and Creed's “Millésime” fragrances contain the highest percentage of natural essences to be found in the French perfume industry.

They continue to be produced, largely by hand, using time-honoured techniques in the highest tradition of classical perfumery.

They are all of Eau de Parfum strength, and therefore more complex and long lasting than the Eaux de Toilette…
    there are some EDTs which far outlast many EDPs. Take EDP to mean that they "should but not always" last longer and "always" contain more natural/purer ingredients than the EDT version.
    -

Ok...thanks. So there is only 1 version and if I purchase one where the site lists it as EDT it is the only version that Creed makes, for instance Original Vitever.

There are many scents listed at Creed's site as EDT, including these:

Acier Aluminium
    Ambre Cannelle
    Baie de Genièvre
    Bois de Cédrat
    Chevrefeuille Original
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Epicea
    Orange Spice
    Royal English Leather
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Santal Imperial
    Vetiver
    Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse

Are they really EDT? thats another question. Baie de Genièvre certainly seemed stronger than EDT to me.
    From the Millisime line I wouldnt have much question that Bois du Portugal is easily Parfum strength.

But hey its Creed, who knows, right?

acier aluminium lasts until i wash it off, and its an edt... much stronger than MI or GIT

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    acier aluminium lasts until i wash it off, and its an edt... much stronger than MI or GIT
    I second that... Acier Aluminum lasts forever being an EdT, and MI lasts a few hours as a "Millesime." Both, however, are absolutely incredible.

Right..I agree with that as I own both their EDT and Millesime...I just wanted to be sure I was purchasing authentic product and not some watered down EDP or something.