Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Guys: Perfume Advice for 15-year-old Girl

I'm a 15 year old girl and I love perfume.
    I'd love to hear some guys say what they think is cute. Guys, what would you have me wear if I was your girlfriend (I know you're all probably much older than me, but pretend you were my age...I don't even want to say what kind of smells I like because I want to hear your opinions)

Default Re: Guys: Perfume Advice for 15-year-old Girl

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleStar
    I'm a 15 year old girl and I love perfume.
    I'd love to hear some guys say what they think is cute. Guys, what would you have me wear if I was your girlfriend (I know you're all probably much older than me, but pretend you were my age...I don't even want to say what kind of smells I like because I want to hear your opinions)
    coco chanel, tabac blond, bond 9 - eau de noho, horse-mo, ambre sultan serge lutens..

Im 16 so maybe that'll make you feel more comfortable about what I suggest.

On a girl I'd like:

Miss Dior Cherie
    Armani Code
    Lancome Hypnose
    Bvlgari au the Blanc
    Bvlgari au the Vert
    Bvlgari Black (maybe)
    Mugler Cologne
    Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle

Thats about all I can think of. I dont really know womens perfume.

CZESC aren`t those a little "over the top" for a young girl? How about Moneyette Paris? Or maybe Child?
    Ok,Ok I could be her mother,,,you guys carry on!

Givenchy's Very Irresistable for her.

It's a wonderful, light perfume that smells of fresh roses. Good for age 15-25 easy, it's one of my faves to smell on a girl (and i'm not that old).

You might wear:
    Angel
    Hypnotic poison
    Amor Amor
    No. 5
    Chance
    Alien
    Coco Chanel
    Hanae Mori
    Burberry brit
    Armani She
    Lolita Lempicka

Those are a good star

A girl your age can't go wrong with any of the following three:

Cool Water for Women
    Lacoste Touch of Sun
    D&G Light Blue

All of these are pretty addictive and young, and are great for attracting guys your age and a little older than you as well (actually, all men - but I won't go there).

Thrax

Blue by Ralph Lauren....makes me weak in the knees when I smell it on my girl. Leaves a trail of scent 6 feet long and lasts all day long.

Smile Re: Guys: Perfume Advice for 15-year-old Girl

FlowerbyKenzo..it's a nice floral/oriental.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

ones that I like and maybe would wear myself :

Hanae Mori EDT (Pink Butterfly)
    Amor Amor

but also try checking out some of the unisex stuff as well.

czesc, I think I'm too young to wear those. I do own a bottle fo coco, but doesn't anyone think I'm too young to wear it? I prefer to wear coco mademoiselle which I also have a bottle of, does anybody like that?

Spiritussancti I strongly dislike Miss Dior Cherie. I do really like bvlgari au the vert, au de rouge, and au de blanc. Do you like au the rouge?

Rashkae you are right, Very Irresistible Givenchy really is great, I use the lotion.

envyus I LOVE your suggestions. I just bought a bottle of Angel yesterday. I own coco but don't have the confidence to wear it, I wear coco mademoiselle sometimes. I used to wear Amor Amor, now my favorite rose perfume is YSL Paris Roses Enchantee, which is also roses. Hypnotic Poison is my favorite Dior. And Hanae Mori is INCREDIBLE.

This thread should be of great help for me, I am in search of a good birthday present for a female friend of mine who will be turning 16 soon.

Thrax

I wear angel for women. I love the stuff!!

Nicole what about Jean Nate?
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

...What about Jean Nate? I don't know what/who jean nate is.

czesc, I think I'm too young to wear those. I do own a bottle fo coco, but doesn't anyone think I'm too young to wear it? I prefer to wear coco mademoiselle which I also have a bottle of, does anybody like that?

Spiritussancti I strongly dislike Miss Dior Cherie. I do really like bvlgari au the vert, au de rouge, and au de blanc. Do you like au the rouge?

Rashkae you are right, Very Irresistible Givenchy really is great, I use the lotion.

envyus I LOVE your suggestions. I just bought a bottle of Angel yesterday. I own coco but don't have the confidence to wear it, I wear coco mademoiselle sometimes. I used to wear Amor Amor, now my favorite rose perfume is YSL Paris Roses Enchantee, which is also roses. Hypnotic Poison is my favorite Dior. And Hanae Mori is INCREDIBLE.
    You have excellent taste! My suggestions would be Gucci Envy Me, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, Escada Rockin' Rio.

The Angel "Garden of Stars" fragrances are also pretty good.
    Last edited by DJB; 8th August 2006 at 05:01 AM.

D&G Light Blue would be an excellent choice, it's versatile and very appealing...

I'll second the Flower By Kenzo and Very Irresistible reccomendations. Also maybe Bulgari Blv ?

Silver Mountain Water and if you've got the dough I'll second Carnal Flower

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    Im 16 so maybe that'll make you feel more comfortable about what I suggest.

On a girl I'd like:

Miss Dior Cherie
    Armani Code
    Lancome Hypnose
    Bvlgari au the Blanc
    Bvlgari au the Vert
    Bvlgari Black (maybe)
    Mugler Cologne
    Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle

Thats about all I can think of. I dont really know womens perfume.

this IS the perfect choice for a girl of your age par exellence!!!
    si doux, tout musc...

Got to be either .............................

Davidoff cool water woman. (just the damn sexiest!)
    Victor & Rolf Flower bomb. (no2 sexiest!)

Both will really last, and make you smell really great. Also damn sexy, not really fair on those young lads with gushing hormones!!!

now for something different and classy try chanel 19.

These are great staples to get you started on your fragrance journey! dont go too niche too quick, discover first!

lads, 15 years old! some of the other frag suggestions toooooo old!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

please try davidoff cool water i think you will like it im waiting your answer

Hey, Hypnotic poison sure hypnotizes me!!!

My wife wears Pure Turquoise and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on a young lady. I recall someone mentioning that Cristalle would work well for a young lady as well but I haven't smelled it.

I think Diorella would work as well. I found it a bit too fruity for my taste, but very good and on the light side. Miss Dior would be a bit too stong, although the top green notes would be dead-on.

On the men's side you might try Insense (if you can find it, and not the dreadful [IMHO] Insense Ultramarine). There are some clean "mens" frags that could work for anyone IMHO; I'm thinking Monsieur Musk, Carven Vetiver and Gendarme V.

Good luck!
    K
    Last edited by MisterK; 8th August 2006 at 01:02 PM.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I'm 18, closer than most, although by taste is a bit weird, but here goes what I would like to smell on a girl my age(or a few years younger):
    Fantasy by Britney Spears(I'm gonna get flamed for this!)
    Champs-Elysees for a nice floral
    Miss Dior Cherie(Too bad you don't like it)
    D&G Light Blue
    Very Irresistible(Hehe I love the men's more, though)
    Roberto Verino - VV Acqua Woman 2006(I don't remember what it was, I just remember that I almost bought it on the spot last time I smelt it)
    Wish and Wish Pink Diamond(I told you I was weird)

WARNING! MAJOR TANGENT UP AHEAD:
    Anyways, I would think that most guys wouldn't be able to catch the whiff of your fragrance, so I wouldn't consider it much to attract guys if I was a girl. Then again, I'm also the kind of person who expects girls to dress more conservatively. However, I think that if there are a few who can, they might be a good catch. I think so because to me, the difference between a man and a boy is attention to detail.

PRINCESSE MUSCAT
    VANILLE PITAHAYA
    COEUR DE VAHINE
    AMOUR DE CACAO
    Comptoir Sud Pacifique
    CG

Given your age, I probably wouldn't suggest anything that is heavily floral.

I would probably go for something fruity and vanillic.

My g/f is a few years older, but I like Poeme by Lancome, and Euphoria on her.

Both are sweeter scents with florals down played- a little more gourmand.

Really strong florals are the province of middle aged wealthy women, as far as I am concerned.

I used to wear Cool Water but I don't really like it anymore. I don't really like Flower by Kenzo. Flowerbomb is great but I don't like the drydown. I can't stand Pure Turquoise, and the only Dior perfume I like is hypnotic poison but I'm not crazy about it. Fantasy is great but it is sooo overplayed, I don't like Light Blue (but I like By Dolce and Gabana) I Love CPS and already own Vanille Abricot body lotion, if I buy another CPS it will be Vanille Passion. I really don't like Euphoria.
    Also, I'm aware that most guys won't notice my perfume, and I'm definately not getting anything ONLY to impress a guy or something (unless HE pays for it!)

I love the scent of raspberries so i'd go for a fun-light scent like Par Amour Toujours by Clarins!

Another great choice that doesn't really have berries but it's fun for a young girl whithout being tacky, would be Happy in Bloom. (by clinique)

Check them out and then tell me what you think please!

happy testing/shopping!

If you get a chance to sample the Bond perfumes I would recommend Scent of Peace and New Haarlem.

Something a little more accessible would be Burberry London. I find that quite sexy.

Every woman should own Chanel No.5
    Datura Noir by Serge Lutens - excellent stuff for a lady
    The limited edition Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger is incredible, but might be too expensive.

wow, some of the suggestions some people are making are pretty heavy for a 15 year old.
    "coco chanel, tabac blond, bond 9 - eau de noho, horse-mo, ambre sultan serge lutens.."

*rolls eyes*
    she is 15, and asked for something 'cute'.
    not to mention that i doubt she has a couple hundred bucks to spend on a bottle... at leastmost of us didnt when we were 15.

give Burberry Brit, By Woman by D&G, or Hypnotic Poison a try. By and Poison are a bit 'older', but they dont have to be. Both are very Vanilla, and most guys really like Vanilla scents on women.

cool water is actually an interesting suggestion. its affordable, highly available, and many younger women i know actually wear the male version of the scent. its annoyingly overworn on men, but a hip chick could pull it off quite nicely.

Azzaro - Eau Belle
    Boucheron - Jaipur Saphir
    Nina Ricci - Les Belles de Ricci (Liberty Fizz, Almond Amour, Spicy Delight, Cherry Fantasy), Deci Dela, Love in Paris, Premier Jour
    Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria range, Samsara
    VC&A - Murmure, Les Saisons range
    L'Artisan - Drole de Rose, Fleur d'Oranger, Oeillet Sauvage

as soon as the word 15 year old girl pops up in the title a thread goes gold! :P
    hehe hmmm............................

try eau noire by dior, and i still stand by my earlier suggs! be the cool 15 year old

Oh I have money to spend on perfume...And yes, I have tried By, and I really really like it. I do wear Par Amour lotion. (Would that be very very lightly fragranced?)

Quote Originally Posted by czesc
    as soon as the word 15 year old girl pops up in the title a thread goes gold! :P
    hehe hmmm............................
    funny, i was noticing that, too...

what's the big deal? its not like its a sex forum, its a perfume forum, and I was looking for perfume advice...

Oh I have money to spend on perfume...
    OK, then to my earlier suggestions I'll add Quelques Fleurs Royale. One of my absolute favorite feminine fragrances. Also Frangipane by Chantecailles.
    Last edited by DJB; 8th August 2006 at 07:07 PM.

what's the big deal? its not like its a sex forum, its a perfume forum, and I was looking for perfume advice...
    lol @ "sex forum"

no comment, really I didn't mean any harm by my statement, I just find it kinda funny that all the guys in here jump on your thread like that. not too too many threads here get this large this fast, if you stick around you'll see what I mean. I'm sure you understand where im coming from. I was just trying to make a joke, im sorry if it seems that I did this at your expense

anyways. I have a question for you, are you dark haired or light haired? I would suggest some of the ouds (montales, or even the pure oil) but I don't know how well that would work on a blonde. and how do you dress? where do you live what do you do? etc... its really hard to give advice based on just "im 15 and a girl". the reason ive been giving you all these.. lets say.. less obvious suggestions since the start of the thread, is that since your 15 and have enough interest in perfume to come on the internet, find our website, join, and ask for advice etc I sense that you might be someone with tastes outside of the mainstream in perfumes and probably in general. your post just kinda reminded me of me at 15. take that as a compliment, im a pretty cool guy :P haha

i joke

but yea... on and on

in response to pandapoacher, eau de noho is actually VERY cute, I don't know where you've been lately, the other suggestions, meh, she doesnt have to be cute all the time. and what does cute mean exactly. its not always flowers and fruit. actually heres a cute suggestion nicole, if your going on a sunny vacation anytime soon I'd recommend escada's sexy grafitti, it was a limited edition a few years back, so impossible to find in stores but its still being scalped on ebay... its a very piquant, clean fruity floral. im not usually a fan these kinda frags but it would totally work in miami, cuba, mexico, dominican, etc u get it... not to mention very few girls would be smelling like you since the supply of these bottles is dwindling rapidly...

try writing an email to frederick malle if you havent he has some nice scents and will send huge sample spray bottles, and like i said try carnal flower

SummerbyKenzo is surprisingly nice and surprisingly long lasting.

I LOVE Coco Mademoiselle, but it might be a bit much for 15. It might be something to hold for special occations though.

I also like L'Artisan's Premier Figuer (on a man or woman, but maybe better on a woman).

I understand that you used to wear Amor Amor, but have you tried the 'fresh' version? I'm not sure when it came out, but if I can get it here, I'm sure you can, too.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Cool Re: Guys: Perfume Advice for 15-year-old Girl

Nicole I won't make inappropriate suggestions for a girl of your age,I am not patronising you,not at all,but i think that with fragrances as with good wines you need the have a certain age tu fully enjoy them and to put yourself into a position in which you would get the most advantage,
    I strongly believe that if you start now with lutens and the likes what would you wear in a couple of years time?...
    so there we go..I would recommend..

Gloria by Cacharel...it's got a lovely amaretto note which makes quite nice and distinctive

Gucci Eau de Parfum II by Gucci (2003)
    Top Notes
    Mandarin, Bitter Orange, Black Currant,

Middle Notes
    Violet, Blackberry,

Base Notes
    Jasmine, Heliotrope, Cedarwood, Musks,

you might also try CK Truth

Lush Accord: Bamboo, Patchouli, Sapling, Vetiver, Wet Woods, White Peony, White Clover
    Sensual Accord: Acacia Flower, Bio-Vanilla, Musks, Slik Tree Flower, Woods, White Amber
    It is nice fresh,good sillage and lasts!

Also one that i think you'd like

Chanel Allure

Imaginary Floral: Honeysuckle, Water Lily, Magnolia
    Fruity: Mandarin, Passion Fruit
    Fresh:Italian Citron
    Timeless Floral:Egyptian Jasmine, May Rose
    Oriental:Bourbon Vanilla.,

And Chance as well,

Patchouli, Musk, Vetiver, Orris, Vanilla, Jasmine,

If you could let me know the outcome of your quest.

I don't know about Chance... I suppose I have mixed feelings about it. It has that same kind of ambiguous teabag/pepper/cigarette accord that can be off-putting. Also, I don't think that patchouli frags work well for most younger people. I'd try No. 19 instead.

That is not to say that Chance doesn't smell great, it just catches me a little off guard every now and then.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

The only chanel perfumes I like are coco mademoiselle and maybe allure sensuelle.

My girlfriend is 20, she wears Amor Amor, Divine EdP, Divine L'ame Soeur, D&G Sicily, Lolita Lempicka, Givenchy Amarige, both Organza's and hot couture, oscar de la renta rosamor, dior hypnotic and pure poison, escada pacific paradise, herrera 212 sexy, chanel allure sensual...among a few others, some of them might work for you, I like most of them.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Blog Entries

I'd suggest (and second in many cases)

Mugler Cologne
    Clinique Happy
    Ralph Lauren Romance
    Burberry Brit
    D&G Light Blue
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I'm a brunette. Any other questions?
    And who is frederic malle?

Overcome By Fumes

My daughter who is close to your age likes Escada Rockin' Rio, and I think it smells great on her too!

I thought of another from my ex's wardrobe (she's 25) that I really liked and remember as youthful:

Dior's Chris 1947

I'm a brunette. Any other questions?
    And who is frederic malle?
    frederic malle is someone you should get to know lol. he owns a perfume house named editions de parfum de frederic malle. their mission is apparently to hire the very best perfumers in the world and have them make uncomprimised masterpiece works using any ingredients they choose, no matter what the cost. some of the suggestions made by the other members here have come from this house. its very good stuff, and none of your friends will have it :P

i really like noir epices and en passent by frederic malle, apparently carnal flower is decent too but i've never tried it.

I bought lu lu guinness for a friend for her 16th birthday a few months ago. she smells lovely in it.

and hollister august smells pretty good as well. another friend of mine (17) wore it.

good luck, but i think if you just go to the mall and spray away that will do. niche scents at 15 is overkill to say the least. i'd rather save for a car than buy malles and creeds at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    I bought lu lu guinness for a friend for her 16th birthday a few months ago. she smells lovely in it.

and hollister august smells pretty good as well. another friend of mine (17) wore it.

good luck, but i think if you just go to the mall and spray away that will do. niche scents at 15 is overkill to say the least. i'd rather save for a car than buy malles and creeds at that age.
    id rather drive my parents car and save for creeds at that age

Actually, I already have Lulu Guinness shower gel. It's too floral, it's no fun.

Actually, I already have Lulu Guinness shower gel. It's too floral, it's no fun.
    well this is interesting then. forget the chanel no. 5 then if florals aren't what you want. Shalimar may be what you're looking for though. vanillic, musky, with a hint of lemon at the top.

I know these two are very expensive, but both Eau d' Amouage and Amouage Dia Pour Femme smell incredible on women of any age. I think they will send samples if you request them. I know i e-mailed them asking for samples of two of their scents and they ended up sending me samples of ALL their fragrances.

america@amouage.com

*edit*
    I second Premier Figuier by L'Artisan.
    Last edited by ajmc; 9th August 2006 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet

Lulu Guinness is a good suggestion. Also Lulu "Pink Pearls"

Lulu Guinness cast a spell is really nice. And no, i do not like chanel no. 5

Do you think Coco Chanel is too old for me?

Do you think Coco Chanel is too old for me?
    Yes. As I'm around your age I think it is better when a girl wears a more youthful fragrance, I don't want her to smell like my grandma or even my mom. I think a lot of the suggestions you have gotten are pretty good, I'll try and think of something later to help you out.