Code of Conduct

Default I've Just Received My Yang, But...

I just received my bottle of Yang (Yin Yang version) today and quite like it. However, there's a couple of things about it that I'm not sure about. Hopefully someone can verify whether or not my bottle is a cause for concern:

1) The stainless steel top slightly wobbles on mine (when closed) - is this normal? I'm not sure if it should be tightly attached to the rest of the bottle or not.

2) How would you rate the sillage? I've tested it and I would say that it's level of sillage is quite low (verging on close to the skin). I'm just not sure if this fragrance should be screaming for attention or the opposite.

Anyway, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: I've Just Received My Yang, But...

I had the original Yang and found the sillage to be quite low on my skin as well. As for the cap (mine was a flat grey color), it was secure when it was turned into the "close" position. I didn't notice any wobbling.

1) My bottles are at home, so I can't comment at the moment
    2) On me Yang has major sillage. But as usual YMMV
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

My experience is like Phantagarow's. I sprayed on a shot of my Yang, which is the older Jacques Fath packaging one, and I get major sillage drowning out my SOTD. I don't know how long this will keep up though.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have 2 bottles of Yang, the original stuff, and the cap looks fine and doesn't wobble on one of the bottles. The other bottle I got in a swap, actually has a cracked top. The guy said he broke it so he could use it for decanting. So...I'm guessing maybe the cap can easily break. Maybe it got a little bumped here and there while going through transit.

As for the sillage, it's a monster. The original stuff just lasts and lasts we only 2 to 3 sprays on my skin. Yang is well known for this monster sillage.

I have the older version too and the cap is fine on mine. Regarding the sillage - this has more sillage than you probably think. My friend wore some that I gave him once and he said he could not smell it. I was walking with him and could easily detect it. When I wore it my nephew said it was too strong.

Thanks for your contributions, so far.

The cap is in perfect condition - no signs of damage anywhere. I've also tried gently pulling it off, but it's very secure. As for the juice, I'm still on the fence about this one.

Anyone out there who has the Yin Yang version (there should be a few of you)?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    Thanks for your contributions, so far.

The cap is in perfect condition - no signs of damage anywhere. I've also tried gently pulling it off, but it's very secure. As for the juice, I'm still on the fence about this one.

Anyone out there who has the Yin Yang version (there should be a few of you)?

I have the Yin Yang version. Cap fits nice and tight, sillage is great with just one spray.

I believe the trick with Yang is less is more... I could easily see someone growing "tired" of Yang if they were to overspray.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!