Code of Conduct

Cool I Really Know I'm Addicted Because

Because I've just bought 2 fragrances that I had previously purchased months ago, didn't like, and forgot why I didn't like them!

Hmm. Maybe I should tale a break from these forums . . .

( sigh )

Mario.
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 28th September 2006 at 06:57 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: I Really Know I'm Addicted Because

I´d miss you. But yeah, perhaps you should

edit: on the other hand, who knows then maybe you would completely lose control over those things
    Last edited by vinterdroppe; 10th August 2006 at 09:48 AM.

Cool Re: I Really Know I'm Addicted Because

Well maybe you should stop for a while,cos I kinda get the impression that you buy perfumes just to 'feed your habbit'not cos u like them!u do like perfumes in general,but u've now ended up buying cos u need more and more ...))

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani
    Because I've just bought 2 fragrances that I had previously purchased months ago, didn't like, and fogot why I didn't like them!

Hmm. Maybe I should tale a break from these forums . . .
    ...hmm - addicted, or getting old?
    Last edited by narcus; 10th August 2006 at 01:58 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by marcos_xs
    Well maybe you should stop for a while,cos I kinda get the impression that you buy perfumes just to 'feed your habbit'not cos u like them!u do like perfumes in general,but u've now ended up buying cos u need more and more ...))
    The psychological aspect is big issue IMHO. Why do we buy more than we can use? Why are we never satisfied?

In my case it all comes down to "take as much as you want". I earn money and it would be fatally wrong to just gain more and more money and never buy anything. That seriously will lead to depressions, because the money won't do you any favour. I like the idea of presenting myself. At a certain point it doesn't matter how much money you have, especially if you don't want to spend it anyway. Some buy houses, cars, motorcycles or whatever. I don't need and I don't want that. When I think how many bottles I can get on eBay for a motorcycle for example and all additional things (tires, motor oil, gasoline, insurance, ....)
    I might as well realize I have to buy way more

FRAGRANCE!!!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    ...hmm, addicted, or getting old?
    Hmmmmm! Now that's COLD but it may apply in my case !

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I dared, because I know Mario has a good antenna for humor. I should add: I cut my (recorded) wardrobe in half, because the other half I cannot remember anyway, and that IS age, not fading interest
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

because...the vast majority of my scents are not even on the basenotes directory.

because I had a dream about testing fragrances. yea, wtf.

because I now cruise the "scent/frag" (such as BN itself) websites everyday, instead of tech-selling ones!

Smile Re: I Really Know I'm Addicted Because

Well, definitely getting old . . .

Still, before taking too long of a break (HERE WE GO AGAIN!) Has anyone beside me noticed that if you go to Creed's 1948 Vetiver, here at the Basenotes reviews, you'll see it is clearly distinguished from the 'Original' Vetiver, and generally given much better reviews?

However on the right hand side of the page, when you click on the on-line stores which sell it; ALL without exception are selling the ' Original ' --They've either never heard of, or more likely, have gotten it (conveniently) confused with the '48

Only the decants for sale by 2 fellow Basenoters are on target.

So, who do we have to kill to score a full bottle of the '48?

Yep, hopelessly addicted.

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 16th August 2006 at 09:54 PM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani
    Well, definitely getting old . . .

Still, before taking too long of a break (HERE WE GO AGAIN!) Has anyone beside me noticed that if you go to Creed's 1948 Vetiver, here at the Basenotes reviews, you'll see it is clearly distinguished from the 'Original' Vetiver, and generally given much better reviews

However on the right hand side of the page, when you click on the on-line stores which sell it; ALL without exception are selling the ' Original ' --They've either never heard of, or more likely, have gotten it (conveniently) confused with the '48

Only the decants for sale by 2 basenoers are on target.

So, who do we have to kill to score a full bottle of the '48?

Yep, hopelessly addicted.

Mario
    I find the 1948 Vetiver very peculiar-smelling and eventually not nice at all. I gave away an almost-full bottle to a friend, who luckily did like it (or at least said so). On the other hand the OV is quite nice to me.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

The first step to recovery is admitting that you are powerless over your addiction. There are worse habits. Our breed is rare. We need you amongst our ranks. Just use more discretion when purchasing and you wont feel cheated.

I know that both The Perfume House in Portland, Oregon and Parfumerie Nasreen in Seattle normally stock Vetiver (1948). Pricing has been $98 for 2.5 oz., but it's now listed for $100 at www.theperfumehouse.com.