Code of Conduct

Default Compliment OF The Day

Has anyone ever suggested having a Compliment Of The Day Thread. I will consist of the compliments you received for that day and what fragrance you were wearing, just a thought

Default Re: Compliment OF The Day

In theory it's definitely a nice idea but I think there would be too little compliments to really do an every-day version. Perhaps weekly would work?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Or even monthly perhaps...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Maybe when people are complimented, his intention was for people to note the fragrance and describe the situation? This needn't be every day for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    Has anyone ever suggested having a Compliment Of The Day Thread. I will consist of the compliments you received for that day and what fragrance you were wearing, just a thought
    I'm afraid going down this route will be in bad taste in my opinion.

It's a good idea for an ongoing thread i think. Doesn't really need to be daily, weekly or monthly though. One thread should do just fine.

The ongoing thread would be nice....or compliments for a certain month....This would be something to think about.....
    Gary

Im not sure we would get enough compliments to do a COTD thread. Well, I know I dont anyway....

It would have to be a sticky. That would be the only thing that would stop it from falling too far.

well I got two compliments at this cocktail party on saturday!

one from a woman who came up to me and said "you smell GOOD". admittedly I know her already. and the other from a man who said the same thing and I told him as was true I had put lots and lots of Mark Birley on. it was like 12 sprays at least but he kept contradicting me "It's not cologne" but he was wrong.

I remember the first time I smelled it on someone and had to ask what it was I didn't think it was cologne on the person either. And it kind of reminds me of that olive and aloe soap from kiss my face like that quality is what comes to mind.

and no I'm not Mark Birley I'm just mostly living in a cloud of his making, although trying a lot of other stuff these days and starting to like some of it...

I smell great today.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

i was at the office today and a secretarry told me:
    You smell wonderfully!! like a tobacco shop that specialize in sweet pipe tobaccos!!!-----I was wearing Bogart pour homme

Last week, a woman coworker suddenly smelled me intriguinly and then i saw tiers in her eyes! She sayd: It is the first time in years that I smell that fragrance!!! It is the way my grandma smelled!!!! (but she says it was wonderful and lovely)----I was wearing Gucci pour homme...

cheers
    Halo
    Last edited by Halo; 10th August 2006 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo

Last week, a woman cowerrker suddenly smeeled me intriguinly and then i saw tiers in her eyes!
    Halo
    I 've got tiers in my eyes right now!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I got a nice one today.

I was rushing from an appointment and passing through a public square. I passed a homeless woman with a bottle in a brown paper bag in her hand who was loudly telling some story to nicely dressed tourists.

I passed by six feet away. "Don't he smell good!" she declared.

I was in Annick Goutal's Vetyver.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I was in a book store a while back killing time while waiting to meet up with a couple of friends. Out of the corner of my eye I catch this cute mid 20's girl talking to her boyfriend. She's looking kind of embarrased and it looks like he's kind of pushing her my way.

Finally she comes over to me and works up enough courage to ask, "what cologne are you wearing? I've never smelled anything like it and it's amazing!"

I was wearing...Creed Tabarome Millesime!

A friend of mine got a great compliment from a female coworker. Upon sniffing his cologne she exclaimed:

"HEY YOU DON'T SMELL LIKE CRAP TODAY!"

Lucky him!

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I smell great today.

I think you smell good today too.