Code of Conduct

Thread: perfume vs. EDP

Default perfume vs. EDP

I find EDP to be too light for my tastes. I used Joy for many years which I could always get in perfume concentration. Lately I don't see many fragrances in perfume form. Can you direct me to some and any info you have about this subject would be appreciated.

Default Re: perfume vs. EDP

First off, welcome to basenotes!!

I am not sure I understand where you wish to be directed. You are looking for other scents that are perfume strength? Or do you want to find stronger concentrations of what you already own?

I would like to know which fragrances come in perfume strength and how to find them, if you know.

Thanks for responding.

Some of the older, big houses make parfum versions of their fragrances if they are feminine. Guerlain, Caron, Jean Patou, Chanel, Lauder for example. These are fantastic!

A lot of newer houses now describe many of their fragrances as unisex. They are also excellent houses. Their fragrances are usually eau de parfum or eau de toilette. They are plenty potent. I think they call them edp or edt because they don't want to frighten off men.

They make some terrific stuff. You really should give them a try. These houses include Serge Lutens, Frederic Malle and L'Artisan Parfumeur. Decants and samples of these fragrances come up regularly on basenotes, at Make Up Alley (http://makeupalley.com/swap/), and on ebay. There are plenty of reputable decanters on ebay. Many are Basenotes members.

Have fun and welcome!

you could always go on ebay and just type "pure parfum" into the search string, it'll bring up hundreds of results from lauder to guerlain etc

I think Shalimar is available in parfum strength but I really can't think of anything else. EDP is "common" enough (usually damn difficult to find in men's frags though.)
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio