Code of Conduct

Default Female frag that's not floral or citrusy?

Hi, I'm a guy looking for a frag for a ladyfriend who's 22. Looking for a frag that's young and offbeat, with not too much floral and no major citrus notes allowed.

I wear Z Zegna, Terre d'Hermes, and Issey, but hardly know where to begin in the enormous women's fragrance section...! Tentative keepers may be Stella and Prada. Soo...

+ young
    + hip
    - too floral
    - citrus

Thanks!

Default Re: Female frag that's not floral or citrusy?

If you wear Terre d'Hermes, maybe a good choice to couple with it would be the magnifiscent Eau des Merveilles
    it's very good, classy, not floral at all, sexy but very refined and without the classic fresh topnotes: definitely out of the crowd!

Why not try some of the men's colognes with her? There are many that work well for both - take a look at the Female Frag discussion board for a thread on this very topic. With that said...try Yves St Laurent Opium or Hermes Hiris. (Hermes Eau de Merveilles has orange & lemon as a base note so it may not work for her.) If you really want retro, try Guerlain's Jicky. Silver Mountain Water by Creed has lots of male and female fans. Finally, try the Bulgari tea fragrances - they are widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSnow
    (Hermes Eau de Merveilles has orange & lemon as a base note so it may not work for her.)
    Even with this in mind I'd 2nd Magnifiscent's recommendation. Eau des Merveilles never comes across as particularly citrusy, even if it is there. I'd only dismiss this one if she really can't stand any kind of citrus vibe in a fragrance.

Unhappy Re: Female frag that's not floral or citrusy?

I do agree with Shifts that you should try it and while you're there, the Hiris as well. (I own EdMerveilles but the cedar note is too much for me in this heat.
    Last edited by TexasSnow; 19th August 2006 at 03:20 PM.

Red face Re: Female frag that's not floral or citrusy?

Sorry about the sad face icon - meant that I'm sad about the heat, not the fragrance!

Go to the women's section and check out Moschino Couture, Dune by Dior, Angel by Mugler and Dolce & Gabbana (that's all that's written on it, not to be confused with D&G Feminine). There's nothing particularly floral about these four.

My ladyfriend already had Dune, and I bought her the other three.
    Renato

nearfantastica

By the sounds of it, something sweet or spicy <yet not dated> might be something worth looking at?

Angel Innocent comes in a tube, very much like a body spray.. and takes the Angel fragrance and ligtens it... sweet, fresh.. alive.. playful, but not overbearing..

Burberry Brit for women... is a scent that really appeals to me.. sweet, warm.. ambery feel to it.. something I'd even like to try to pull off.. heh...

I don't have many other suggestions... but other women's fragrances that appeal to me are.. the new Black Code <used lightly>.. Euphoria by CK... anyway, I'm sure you'll get a lot of good feedback on that, and I wish you luck on your search.....

I too love Terre D'Hermes...

a.

bleu autumn haze

I don't care for much floral or citrus notes either. Some I would suggest: Angel, L de Lolita Lempicka, Boucheron Trouble, Ralph Hot, and Prada. And do try Eau des Merveilles, the citrus is barely there.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Jicky?
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio