Code of Conduct

Default Ladies suggestions (not your normal what women want thread....ack)

Hey Ladies.....

I got a question.....I have a big collection of guys frags (prolly 60 or more bottles and decants.....)

I was wondering what fragrances some of the younger women like (20 somethings)....BUT I really am not looking for the "fresh" or "aquatic" type scents reccomendations.....I have numerous ones (GIT, MI, allure sport are some good ones) But I would not wear a fragrance like that on a romantic night out, I would want something, more sexy, deeper darker more set apart and sophisticated...but still appealing to a younger women.....

I have lots of these types of frags....I am very mature looking and acting for my age even though Im 22, I am not afraid to wear to older mens classic type fragrances at all either....

Some of the frags of mine I had in mind, maybe you could give me your ops on:

Kouros
    Musc Ravageur
    L'instant de geurlain EDP
    Nu EDP by YSL (excellent on a guys skin BTW)
    Tabarome Millesime (I like it alot)
    Cacarel Nemo
    M7

Also anything else on here that might be a good fit let me know!

Nearly the whole L'artisan collection
    Nearly the whole Trumpers collection
    Nearly the whole Trufitt and Hill collection
    Polo Blue
    John Vavartos ( I like)
    Comp Bois de Filao
    Paco Black XS
    Geir
    L'homme Sage
    L homme couer
    Oramnde Jayne PH (I like this)
    Isfarkand
    Platinum Egoiste
    Escada PH
    Escada sentiment
    Escada Casual friday
    Armani Black Code
    FM Musc Ravageur
    FM Hiver
    FM Vetiver Ext
    FM Nior Episces
    Geurlain Habit Rouge
    Geurlain Vetiver
    Givenchy Very irresistible
    AMEN
    Rochas man
    Rochas Aquaman
    Caron L'Anarchiste
    Baldessarini Del Mar
    Balenciaga Cristobal
    CK Spark
    Ck One
    CREED EROLFA
    Creed MI
    Creed GIT
    Creed HIM
    Creed Royal Water
    Cacharel Nemo
    Chrome
    Diesel Plus Plus
    Dunhill X-centric
    Djin
    Floris Santal
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Gucci Envy (men)
    Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge
    Jacques Fath Yang
    Monk
    Mont Blanc Presence
    Nicole Miller
    Nautica Lattitude Longitude
    Picasso Minotaure
    Jovan Ginseng N-R-G
    Reyane Insurrection
    Realm for Men
    Ungaro III
    Tom Dao (I like this frag)
    Most of the rest of Dyptique collection
    Yves Saint Laurent Nu EDP
    Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
    Yves Saint Laurent Kouros
    Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz
    Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDP

Here is a list of most of my frags, you can look thru it and see what else might strike your fancy.....
    Last edited by Pugsley_f5; 10th August 2006 at 02:47 AM.

Smile Re: Ladies suggestions (not your normal what women want thread....ack)

What I would say is that if you have a special lady in mind, invite her to your place to choose the frag she'd most like to have you wear! I guarantee you'll have fun choosing, and if you find that she loves scent as much as you do, you've found your match!
    Going back to my 20-something years, I find that the whole thing worked in reverse. If I liked the man, then I liked the scent. Of course, some things are just off-putting, so I guess on a first date I wouldn't wear anything too controversial....

Default Re: Ladies suggestions (not your normal what women want thread....ack)

I have two daughters ages 22 and 25, both voted for Kouros, with vetiver scents as second choice

I'm not twentysomething but my taste hasn't changed that radically since (a warning though: I'm the gal who wore Rive Gauche at thirteen and Coco at eighteen... )

Here are my picks from your list:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5
    Kouros
    Musc Ravageur
    L'instant de Guerlain EDP
    Nu EDP by YSL
    Tabarome Millesime
    M7
    L'artisan: Voleur de Roses, Timbuktu, Tea for Two
    Ormonde Jayne PH
    FM Musc Ravageur
    FM Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    A*MEN
    Caron L'Anarchiste
    Picasso Minotaure
    Diptyque Opôné
    Yves Saint Laurent Nu EDP
    Yves Saint Laurent Kouros
    Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz
    Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDP
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline
    I have two daughters ages 22 and 25, both voted for Kouros.
    Holy Smokes ....22 & 25, and they both love Kouros. Where have they been my entire life .

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Holy Smokes ....22 & 25, and they both love Kouros. Where have they been my entire life .
    That's what made an impression on me too!!
    (and I love Kouros, but hey, I am not 20, although I did like it also when I was 20)

Out of your list I would pick L'instant men's, but that's just me. I don't know if really young ladies would like it, but given the re-surgence of patchouli recently in perfume trends they might. It's a wonderful frag.

I like XS Black very much too and think it would make a smash with the younger crowd.
    A*men might do the trick also, because it breeds familiarity (thry must be very familiar with the women's version)

May I suggest also Declaration? (vetiver, fresh in a sensuous way, spicy with cardamom, all around wonderful and sexy)

I like most of your listed ones, but some are just too "weird" for someone who is not into perfume I guess, so maybe it would be best to introduce them later on.(Timbuktu, Vetiver extraordinaire, Nu edp, Voleur de roses, Tabarome)

However I see a lot of emphasis put on perfume and attraction on those boards and I do not think it is a deciding factor. At least not over your personal skin scent if things go that far (and other factors besides perfume contribute to that effect)

Well....Kouros on a first date that will send a clear statement wont it!~..

Oops and also I forgot on my list the awesome barbershop fresh Rive Gauche...

Also I understand the attraction thing, If there isnt any there, there isn't any there.....BUT if there is the right frag can amplify it.....

Is Declaration Kinda like a Marc Jacobs?.......

Is declaration kinda similar to marc jacobs?.....I thought marc jacobs smelled just like Opium edp for men......

Also have any of the younger ladies in here been turned off by kouros at first smell?

Well, as I'm living with my parents right now, my Mom's the scent approver/rejecter (as she also loves her perfumes). Most of the time, she's indifferent to my smellies, but she has her likes and dislikes, too.

First off, my Mom liked Kouros on me... and I like Kouros, too. I just haven't gotten around to getting a bottle yet, though. She also loves Terre d'Hermes on me, too.

Her all time favorite on me, though, was Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, which I didn't care for... she was mad when I swapped it. Ironically, she hates my all-time favorite Angel Men, as she thinks that it's "too strong".

Too strong? Well, here's a quote from one of my fave t-shirts that I got from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland: "If it's too loud, you're too old."

P.S.: She thinks that Marc Jacobs for Men smells like Dana's English Leather... no joke.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I was in my 20's once... and I was knocked over like a feather by Tabac Original. So simple, and yet so memorable. I think I really liked the guy to start with... but it got really bad (no need to say more) and while I usually associate a smell with a "good" or a "bad" time... I have never forgotten this frag... I dab a little on myself when I get in the mooooood. (heehee)

Honestly, I think I liked it because I could relate to it... as a smell. It wasn't heavy on the "I'm A Man" meter and yet it was wonderful and intoxicating... "easy to listen to" as a fragrance... and it improved when heated... *wink-wink*!!!

Maybe it's just me... but if I smelled that frag again on a man... I would be knocked over like a feather... again!
    Last edited by Beebee; 11th August 2006 at 02:44 AM.
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

I know i asked these but seems no one saw them ...im curious.....

Is Declaration Kinda like a Marc Jacobs?............I thought marc jacobs smelled just like Opium edp for men......could you describe what Declaration is similar to?

Also have any of the younger ladies in here been turned off by kouros at first smell?

(I know theres some more "mature" women on here that were once young...but that could be asking a 50 year old guy his preference on womens perfume when he was 20 which is night and day to a 20 year old guy now)...Although I still love the more mature ladies in here still ;-) Just wondering wheres all the 20 something girls on here?

Chris

bump one last time for questions

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    I'm not twentysomething but my taste hasn't changed that radically since (a warning though: I'm the gal who wore Rive Gauche at thirteen and Coco at eighteen... )

Here are my picks from your list:
    wow you are SO cool i love both those frags i wish more girls would wear them at that age