Code of Conduct

Default Good price for Antaeus?

My family is in Aruba and I asked them to pick up Antaeus. Is $55 for 3.4 fl oz a good price?

Default Re: Good price for Antaeus?

Forget Antaeus...if your parents are in Aruba, tell them to stop by Agatha Browns perfume shop. I think she's a perfumer there & has two male scents. Imperial Jade Emperor is extremely good IMO. It smells like Jolly Ranchers and wears really well in the summer heat. I don't know a whole lot of info on Agatha Brown but I'm hoping others could tell you more.

EDIT: I'm not really sure but I guessing Agatha Browns fragrances are priced fairly well, I guessing around 65 USD for a bottle, which is only 10 more then Antaeus. Again, I'm not sure, I'm only going with memory here. BTW, I think you can pick up Antaeus cheaper on the net or even Ebay.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 10th August 2006 at 04:40 AM.

Nah I havent smelled either of the Agatha Brown scents, and its not my parents its my immediate family so I dont want them to go out of their way or whatever. Plus summer is basically over and I really want Antaeus for the winter. I looked around on the internet and the prices were all higher than $55 for 3.4 fl oz. And on ebay, well I just plain dont trust ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

I happened to be in the LAX airport last week eyeing a bottle of Antaeus and it was also $55 there. I personally don't like it that much to pay that price so I passed. So your $55 is what I would say the normal price not a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    Nah I havent smelled either of the Agatha Brown scents, and its not my parents its my immediate family so I dont want them to go out of their way or whatever. Plus summer is basically over and I really want Antaeus for the winter. I looked around on the internet and the prices were all higher than $55 for 3.4 fl oz. And on ebay, well I just plain dont trust ebay.
    Too bad....Imperial Jade Emperor is definitely worth checking out. Well...good luck with whatever you end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I happened to be in the LAX airport last week eyeing a bottle of Antaeus and it was also $55 there. I personally don't like it that much to pay that price so I passed. So your $55 is what I would say the normal price not a good price.

Alright thanks. Ill see if I can come up with a better price on the internet and if not, Ill just get it for $55. Its more than I would like to pay but Chanel is pretty pricey anywhere you go.

Chanel tightly controls their distribution channels. It is very unlikely that you will find genuine Antaeus anywhere at significantly less than retail price.
    The retail price is $65/3.4 oz:
    http://www.gloss.com/product/index.j...1281&sidenav=f
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Yeah so I'll just have my family get the duty free one for $55. Thanks for all the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    Chanel tightly controls their distribution channels. It is very unlikely that you will find genuine Antaeus anywhere at significantly less than retail price.
    The retail price is $65/3.4 oz:
    http://www.gloss.com/product/index.j...1281&sidenav=f
    Chanel fragrances are very overpriced !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Chanel fragrances are very overpriced !

It is just a little bit ridiculous. I could get three great scents off Scentiments or whatever for that price. However, Antaeus is pretty much the heavy scent Im looking for for the winter so ya know. Plus its not too much to me since I get about $150 a week working with my dad and have no bills so its good.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried Antaeus but I too like AB's colognes. Here is her site:

http://www.agatha.com/fashion_catalog_intro.htm

Good service and you deal directly with her from what I could tell over the net.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

$55 is indeed a good price for Antaeus--Chanel's are generally not available at steep discounts so $10 off list is about as good as I've seen for Antaeus from a reliable retailer. Maybe it is POSSIBLE to score it SOMEWHERE for SLIGHTLY less, but that doesn't mean $55 is not a deal worth grabbing.

By the way, I'm a fragrance bargain hunter (aka cheap bastard) and Antaeus is the most expensive fragrance I have and one of the only ones I'm willing to pay full price for--it's a beautiful, awesome scent and very versatile.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    $55 is indeed a good price for Antaeus--Chanel's are generally not available at steep discounts so $10 off list is about as good as I've seen for Antaeus from a reliable retailer. Maybe it is POSSIBLE to score it SOMEWHERE for SLIGHTLY less, but that doesn't mean $55 is not a deal worth grabbing.

Yeah everywhere else I checked was more expensive actually. So I'll get it just because it's a fragrance that's worth the $55 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    By the way, I'm a fragrance bargain hunter (aka cheap bastard) and Antaeus is the most expensive fragrance I have and one of the only ones I'm willing to pay full price for--it's a beautiful, awesome scent and very versatile.

--Steve
    I completely agree with everything above. From me being a bargain hunter to Antaeus being one of the only ones I'm willing to pay that much for.