Code of Conduct

Default Dzongkha & Fou d'Absinthe

Just got my samples from Aus Liebe zum Duft and sprayed them on...

First impressions:
    • Fd'A - VERY masculine, the scent it reminds me of most is nothing less than Yatagan! I get woods, pine needles and liquorice
    • Dzongkha - the top is quite fruity-spicy, but soon gives hints of more dry and powdery notes

To be continued...

-------------------

I must have Dzongkha, it somehow reminds me of Après l'Ondée, it has that same cool, ethereal quality. Surprisingly "pink" and fruity scent, though there are no raspberry notes in it, it gives an impression of raspberry. The iris note is pure loveliness!

Fd'A? Erm, a poor man's Yatagan. A disappointment. It smells more like pine than absinthe or aniseed.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 10th August 2006 at 12:01 PM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Dzongkha & Fou d'Absinthe

I just received an order from Lucky Scents and with it were 6 samples; one of which was FdA. I sprayed it on my hand and fell in Luv immediately. Been on for about an hour now and it get's even better!

Sorry Ms Tigrushka, but I have to disagree with you on this one . LAP continues to be one of my favorite houses and this new one just adds to my Luv for my other LAPs.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Sorry Ms Tigrushka, but I have to disagree with you on this one .
    Mrs.

But there's nothing to be sorry about, people like different scents(/things). That's life!

I agree . Just rolled some more FdA on top of the first layer and just keep on sniffing my hand. I am so embarrassed ......not! It's much sweeter than Yatagan IMO.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I agree . Just rolled some more FdA on top of the first layer and just keep on sniffing my hand. I am so embarrassed ......not!
    Enjoy!

It's much sweeter than Yatagan IMO.
    I agree. I love Yatagan, btw.

Default Dzongkha

After wearing Dzongkha for a whole day must add some comments:
    while Messe de Minuit smells like archives/museum/library/antiquarian bookstore, Dzongkha smells more "archaic" and ancient, and definitely temple-like, very interesting scent! It's simultaneously cool, dry, soft, gentle and "quiet", soothing and calming. The notes are rather singing in harmony than singing each their own solo number.

Default Re: Dzongkha

The Nose who has created Dzongkha, Bertrand Duchaufour, is also the Nose behind L'Artisan Timbuktu and Safran Troublant, CdG Leaves Series Calamus and Mint, Red Series Harissa and Sequoia and the whole Sherbet Series: Cinnamon, Peppermint, Rhubarb, and for Ozwald Boateng Bespoke.

Here's a more complete list:
    http://parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&id=1570

Wow, I can´t wait to try Dzongka, it certainly sounds interesting! I loved Timbuktu, it´s something about that spice/fruit/incense (and vetiver in that case) combination that is really captivating. Harissa isn´t bad either, even if I didn´t go crazy over it. Those are the only two I´ve tried from this nose. I think it´s time for a sample order

I thought Fou D'absinthe was ok, but not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    I must have Dzongkha, it somehow reminds me of Après l'Ondée, it has that same cool, ethereal quality. Surprisingly "pink" and fruity scent, though there are no raspberry notes in it, it gives an impression of raspberry. The iris note is pure loveliness!
    Fd'A? Erm, a poor man's Yatagan. A disappointment. It smells more like pine than absinthe or aniseed.
    Dzongkha reminiscent of Apres L'Ondee? I really need to try this one... badly. Apres L'Ondee is one of those that has grown on me over the years to where it's in my top 10. It's really quite special and wonderful, so kind to feminine skin.
    You know, when I tried FdA I liked it just fine, but as you, came up more with pine and herb than intoxicating Absinthe. I commented at the time it seemed so... mismarketed. I haven't felt the urge to buy a decant. Yatagan I haven't tried yet. Another one on the list :-(
    I *finally* tried Egoiste, and found it actually kind of delectable, which surprised me. I'm ordering a decant to wear for the holidays. Of all the scents I've tried, Egoiste strikes me as most... Christmas-y.

Just got my samples from Aus Liebe zum Duft
    Where ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Where ?
    Here: http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/

My favourite online shop, based in Germany.

Thanks for the review! I'm dying to try this one...a sample should be on its way...

The Nose who has created Dzongkha, Bertrand Duchaufour, is also the Nose behind L'Artisan Timbuktu and Safran Troublant, CdG Leaves Series Calamus and Mint, Red Series Harissa and Sequoia and the whole Sherbet Series: Cinnamon, Peppermint, Rhubarb, and for Ozwald Boateng Bespoke.

Here's a more complete list:
    http://parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&id=1570
    A bit off topic, tigrushka, but isn't Safran Troublant an Olivia Giacobetti creation? I knew Duchaufour created the other two Epices de la Passion, the Piment and the Poivre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black
    A bit off topic, tigrushka, but isn't Safran Troublant an Olivia Giacobetti creation? I knew Duchaufour created the other two Epices de la Passion, the Piment and the Poivre.
    Could be, this info is from the Estonian link I added.