Code of Conduct

Question Seeking advice on different versions of Balafre, Jules and Signoricci

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking advice on the old and new versions of Dior Jules, Lancome Balafre and Signoricci.
    My (not so professional) impressions are:

1. Signoricci - I don't detect much of a difference between S1 and S2. Both not very strong. Haven't tried the newest version.

2. Jules. The new version (in a ribbed bottle) seems to have fewer flowery notes and some kind of a rancid inorganic (aldehyde?) whiff preceding the top notes, and is a bit less sweet overall compared to the old Jules.

3. Balafre 1 and 2 (I haven't tried the modern version, but heard it pales in comparison to the original stuff) - great scent, but very short-lived on me, just a tad too sweet and could use a bit more spice. Is that how it's supposed to be, or is it simply old age (both Balafre's I owned were quite old)?

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Vadim

Default Re: Seeking advice on different versions of Balafre, Jules and Signoricci

The deal with Signoricci is a strange one.

Signoricci is launched in 1965. Ten years on Signoricci 2 is launched.

Some point later The original Signoricci is taken off the market, and Signoricci2 is renamed Signoricci.

So, this may explain why your Signoricci 1 & 2 smell the same.

Default Re: Seeking advice on different versions of Balafre, Jules and Signoricci

I have the current versions of all three.

Unfortunately the only 'original' that I experienced was Balafre. There are a good 20 years between the old and the new in my case so it is hard to be definitive, but I would say I do not detect much of a difference in scent or longevity. I'm not sure if I like the modern square shaped bottle - but the old one was pure 70s so I suppose it had to go.

BTW it was my quest to rediscover Balafre that originally led me here about two years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by vadim
    2. Jules. The new version (in a ribbed bottle) seems to have fewer flowery notes and some kind of a rancid inorganic (aldehyde?) whiff preceding the top notes, and is a bit less sweet overall compared to the old Jules.
    Oh, is there a new Jules?? Could you give me an address where I can read about it?

Thanks for the tips, folks

Sandy -
    Far as I know, the new version should be available at Dior in Paris
    You can also find it on eBay
    Good luck