Code of Conduct

Default Attention all D&G Masculine fans...

...Sephora.com is having it on clearance!

And for a steal, too: $10 for 1.7 oz/50 mL and $13.75 for 3.3 oz/100 mL.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Attention all D&G Masculine fans...

I say snag it if you see it. Especially at that price. I wear the hell out of this one. I initially thought it to be simple, but it's been one of the most attractive, well behaved scents I've ever owned.

50mL sold out
    100mL still available

There are D&G Masculine fans???

Quote Originally Posted by radix023
    50mL sold out
    100mL still available
    Does this make sense? Are people in that area arithmetically challenged or something?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    There are D&G Masculine fans???
    Si.
    Must be the latin blood in me.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Si.
    Must be the latin blood in me.
    Renato
    Latinos like to wear lemon dishwashing liquid???

Well, I love washing my dishes with lemon dishwashing liquid (Sunlight Lemon Liquid).
    A while back I switched to an orange dishwashing liquid but, while it washed the plates well enough, it just didn't do it for me.
    Renato

Well, I love washing my dishes with lemon dishwashing liquid (Sunlight Lemon Liquid).
    A while back I switched to an orange dishwashing liquid but, while it washed the plates well enough, it just didn't do it for me.
    Renato
    I get much better sillage out of Sunlight Orange Liquid, but you gotta get the EdP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    I get much better sillage out of Sunlight Orange Liquid, but you gotta get the EdP.
    I think you're right - otherwise it would only be 7 or 8 times stronger than Eau de Orange Verte.
    Renato

Serpent

Basenoters apparently like to. Hence the popularity of Terre d'Hermès. (Hey, someone left the door open with "lemon dishwashing liquid"...)

I wish this had been mentioned before Sicily had all sold out at $16.25 a bottle. My early Christmas shopping for aunts I'm not particularly close to would've been done...
    Last edited by Serpent; 11th August 2006 at 02:05 PM.

mfFan: I want to thank you for this info, I ordered a bottle on a blind purchase because it was so cheap. Well I got it yesterday and the stuff is great! Wore it today and yes it does smell like Lemons but it was very fresh and made me feel comfortable.

Also got a compliment! Thanks!

Serpent

I purchased one on impulse, too, and Lord, do I ever regret it. Horrible stuff. It's essentially a lite version of my most hated fragrance ever, YSL pour Homme. I have a feeling there will be another addition to the swap list very soon. And, just like that bottle of YSL pour Homme that has languished there, I have a feeling there will be another bottle on the swap list that never gets taken, no matter how picky I'm not.

Lesson learned: If it's on cheap-o clearance, there's usually a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I purchased one on impulse, too, and Lord, do I ever regret it. Horrible stuff. It's essentially a lite version of my most hated fragrance ever, YSL pour Homme. I have a feeling there will be another addition to the swap list very soon. And, just like that bottle of YSL pour Homme that has languished there, I have a feeling there will be another bottle on the swap list that never gets taken, no matter how picky I'm not.

Lesson learned: If it's on cheap-o clearance, there's usually a reason...
    YSL Homme lasts about two hours on me, whereas D&G Masculine lasts all day. Rather than a lite version, to me it's a souped up version.

One man's trash is ten other men's treasure.
    Renato

Serpent

YSL Homme lasts about two hours on me, whereas D&G Masculine lasts all day. Rather than a lite version, to me it's a souped up version.

One man's trash is ten other men's treasure.
    Actually, I have the Haute Concentration of YSL pour Homme, so it lasts. And lasts. And I cry, and I scrub. And it lasts. It should just be renamed "Green Disco Nightmare by YSL." And if you know ten other men wanting to treasure either bottle, please, let them know they're on my swap list. Horrible stuff.

It means bad news, cause it seems it's gonna be discontinued! Like BY and Sicily! They just changed the packaging for Dolce & Gabbana for men and for women, kept the Light Blue and will release a feminive fragrance next month - The One, and a new masculine next year, but why do they delete the others???
    La Science des Rêves

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau
    It means bad news, cause it seems it's gonna be discontinued! Like BY and Sicily! They just changed the packaging for Dolce & Gabbana for men and for women, kept the Light Blue and will release a feminive fragrance next month - The One, and a new masculine next year, but why do they delete the others???
    So it is, indeed, a discontinuation? Well, By Man and By Woman didn't ever sell well, I don't think, and Sicily was an out-of-the-box flop. The wholesale store I often go to will sell testers for under $30. The lady was aggressively pushing it on me, trying to get rid of it.

But why delete them? Because Dolce & Gabbana moved its license from Euroitalia to Procter & Gamble, and P&G pretty believes in deleting anything from the back catalog that doesn't make money hand-over-fist and starting over with extremely marketable juices that will generate as much profit as possible. That's why the three very daring Yohji Yamamoto scents - Yohji, Yohji Essential, and Yohji Homme - are now all fragrant relics, replaced by bland, middle-of-the-road scents meant to appeal to as many people as possible. And Helmut Lang? That lasted almost no time before P&G just liquidated all of that. All of Diesel's scents were flushed when P&G took over, too. They have even less patience than YSL Beauté...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Actually, I have the Haute Concentration of YSL pour Homme, so it lasts. And lasts. And I cry, and I scrub. And it lasts.
    Wow - that sounds like the scent for me!
    Renato