Code of Conduct

Default The longevity of Bigarade Concentree

This is one that i'm keen to try out but what's the story with its longevity. I've read some say it's gone in minutes and others say it's very long lasting for a citrus. Just wondering what people's experiences with this one are?

Default Re: The longevity of Bigarade Concentree

The longevity is quite good for a pure citrus fragrance, I get 3-4 hours sillage out of it (generously applied of course) and later it lasts the whole day close to my skin.

I find it fades very quicky. I put this on one arm and creed citrus bigarade on the other and for the fist time ever THE CREED WON THE LONGEVITY TEST!!! I would recommend that instead, I found the accord very good too with a harmony of the bigarade and other citrus. The malle is pretty much just bigarade (very good bigarade though).
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Bigarade Concentree is pretty much a single note fragrance. I know they have added rose and cedar to it but that's not what I smell. Yesterday, I applied about 15 sprays to wrists and stomach (total sprays that is) and then pressed my shirt into it so that it would last more than 15 minutes. The first 15 or 20 minutes were glorious. It is a strong bitter orange smell that is very wonderful in the Summer. I was asked once if I had just eaten an orange!

After about 20 minutes it starts to disappear and I can smell bergamot and maybe a little rose with the citrus but then it all starts to fade. I must add at this point that I ordered this from France and it was the most expensive bottle of "perfume" I own! Do I wear it very often? NO! It fades so quickly on my skin that if I want to smell fragrance later in the day, I better wear something else. I look at wearing fragrance as having sugar in your coffee...it just makes everything better! I want something to enjoy for most of the day and preferably not one that costs so much.

My advice...don't do it! Just say no! Find another citrus that will make you smile but one that will last for a while.

15 minutes?! It surely must be reacting in a weird way with your body chemistry. I would hate to think that such a short lasting fragrance would be released. Although having said that i recently sampled MPG's Bahiana and that was gone in under 20.

I really wanted to like Bigarade Concentree but it only lasted an hour or two on my skin. I'd advise you to obtain a sample before taking the plunge (as I did) but, to be honest, you may be very disappointed.

Well i have a sample on the way so i'll soon find out. I'm hoping to add a really good citrus to my wardrobe soon.

It lasts reasonably on me. 4~ hours is the norm? Again, test it on your skin.

Just for Info;

I bought a Bigarade Concentree in Paris at the Rue Grenelle shop. On returning and starting to wear it I was disappointed with the longevity and rang Paris to moan. I was sent to Les Senteurs in London ( where I live ).

On testing my bottle the Les Senteurs staff were shocked and said it was like a VERY weak version of what it should be. It was replaced for free then and there and the new bottle is full of the expected vigour.

Paris sent me a Shower Gel and Body Cream to soothe things but this issue of weak juice might be the issue for others..

Who knows...?
    Last edited by Guidion; 11th August 2006 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne
    Well i have a sample on the way so i'll soon find out. I'm hoping to add a really good citrus to my wardrobe soon.
    have you had a look at the "classic citrus" thread?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Guidion
    Just for Info;

I bought a Bigarade Concentree in Paris at the Rue Grenelle shop. On returning and starting to wear it I was disappointed with the longevity and rang Paris to moan. I was sent to Les Senteurs in London ( where I live ).

On testing my bottle the Les Senteurs staff were shocked and said it was like a VERY weak version of what it should be. It was replaced for free then and there and the new bottle is full of the expected vigour.

Paris sent me a Shower Gel and Body Cream to soothe things but this issue of weak juice might be the issue for others..

Who knows...?
    Theres also a concetrated version of this fragrance. I have tried the non-concetrated version, and not only did it seem very inspired by Creed biggarade, but it was also a bit weaker.
    -

There is Cologne Bigarade and Bigarade Concentree. I've only tried the Concentree (I have a 5 ml sample bottle) and it last's quite a while on me. I get a distinct cumin note along with the citrus. It's an interesting scent, but not one I have much desire to wear.

I got my Bigarade Concentree direct from Malle. Like so many other chaps, I've been disappointed by the longevity. A couple of hours after application, I could barely smell it. It's a great pity, because this is a wonderful smelling citrus, and a little unusual too because of the use of bitter orange. As a fragrance, it could also benefit by being a bit bolder and stronger on inital application.