Code of Conduct

Default purchases this week

What a week. I bought geir from incedal on these boards , selection verte from selfridges oxford street and rose d'homme from liberty great malbrough street.

My bank balance hurts and I cannot buy anything else until next year, but I got the sruff on my wanted list.

The experience of buying has made me thin k- I enjoyed the purchase here on the boards most - friendly, between two people with the same interest, great experience. The purchase from selfridges was ok too. The staff there were down to earth and eager to please and talked to me like a human being despite my casual dress. I asked for samples and received a generous bunch. At liberty I couldn't beleive the pretentiousness and pose in the place, no samples and a stuffy general attitude.

Why do sales people try to act as if they are in the business of selling diamonds to royalty when they are selling smelly alcohol for £50?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: purchases this week

Liberty do seem to run out of samples every now and then. I have had samples from them in the past, but last time I was there (after I'd spent £65 on L'Homme Sage) they said they didn't have any :-(

Liberty can seem a bit stuffy sometimes, a bit posh etc, but I think it's part of their image to be like that! The place is designed in the style of a mock-tudor mansion after all. It also depends on which assistant is on duty and which counter you are going to. For example, the Diptyque counter at Liberty were very helpful with samples, when I got my Philosykos there.

My stance these days is always to ask about samples before closing any purchase, and to also make it clear that I expect a generous amount (at least three or four vials).

Allders in Croydon is the most generous to me so far. Once after spending just £35 or so, I got given about a dozen samples. Now that's service!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews