Code of Conduct

Default Jean Pascal article

I just noticed this interview of Marls' with Colombian perfumer Jean Pascal, who is a bit of a local celebrity around here

its interesting to me that he talks about how Jean Pascal (the frag) was created before Colombia had access to all the designer fragrances that a globablized market affords (and how nobody bought clothes at dept. stores, but rthaer tailors, etc) which makes it a kind of "bespoke" frag based specifically on colombian tastes. Also interesting in this direction is how Quimbaya is insipied by the pre-colonial indigenous culture of Colombia. I never thought of these frags in this kind of "national" context, but sniffing them, it sure makes sense. As Geir is the "Power of Norway", these similarly seem to represent olfactory ambassadors from Colombia.

anybody else read it yet?
    link: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...040#post890040

Default Re: Jean Pascal article

Funny,
    no replies yet.. I'd read that article a while ago, soon's as it was put up, I didn't see your message. Its a nice interview, and explains why the perfumes smell the way they do. Jean Pascal is very unique indeed, and Quimbaya appears like a heavier version of Fahrenheit to me.

I think the same would apply to India as well - a heavy, lasting fragrance is well received rather than a lighter, close to the skin type.

its very interesting you say this, Aamir, as I have always for some reason associated the small of Farenheit with India. I suspect maybe my friend Niraj used to wear it, but Im not sure. He and I lived toegther before i was reall into frags, so I can't really know. but nonetheless, everytime I have smelled Farenheit since then, I have thought of India (a country and culture I know nothing about, aside from what I learned from Niraj)

I'm interested in any South American Basenoters' sense of Jean Pascal; RCcavs, does it smell to you like your neighbors to the north?

Quote Originally Posted by AK3D
    Funny,
    no replies yet.. I'd read that article a while ago, soon's as it was put up, I didn't see your message. Its a nice interview, and explains why the perfumes smell the way they do. Jean Pascal is very unique indeed, and Quimbaya appears like a heavier version of Fahrenheit to me.

I think the same would apply to India as well - a heavy, lasting fragrance is well received rather than a lighter, close to the skin type.

Talking Re: Jean Pascal article

So this weekend I wore Jean Pascal and my girlfriend (not knowing for sure which frag it was) said I smelled like a "Latin Lover"

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    So this weekend I wore Jean Pascal and my girlfriend (not knowing for sure which frag it was) said I smelled like a "Latin Lover"
    I'm wearing it today, I love the terrific lemonish opening. For a lark, I compared it to my sample of Trumper's GFT cologne. GFT is a very smooth, top notch lemon, this (JP) is more of a 'in your face' type of punch. Not that I mind it, I require stronger fragrances to last in the heat here.

I just recently read this article which truly inspired me to get this fragrance. I find that Latin fragrance for men are very rich in character with boldness one that come to mind is Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui.