Code of Conduct

Thread: I quit.

Default I quit.

Hey guys,

It's been a fun couple of years. I learned a lot, yada yada. It was fun talking to you guys and there are a lot of really good guys and girls around this place who have been extremely helpful and generous. And also thanks again to Grant and the mods for doing such a wonderful job.

That being said, I've gone on hiatus before and found it helpful. This time however, I think it's going to be for an indefinite length of time. I really have a bunch of other things to do, and I need a self-imposed exile.

I'm not leaving on any kind of bad terms. In fact, I may still log in from time to time as i want to see how some of you are doing. But I'm not going to participate any more in the forums for the foreseeable future.

Sorry, I couldn't leave you with a more eloquent goodbye, but this is kind of snap decision.

Smell ya later!

Cheers,

Ted

Blog Entries

Default Re: I quit.

Well...damn . I'm gonna miss you, but I understand ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Good luck in everything you do, my friend.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Wait, this is on of those "I'm leaving "threads" and then you will be back in a week, right? at least, I hope it is , cause it was fun reading your posts.
    Besides, you didn't finish your Dutch course!, (you were the guy workin with the Dutch girls,right?).

Ah well, all the best , en kom snel weer terug!

eric

I definitely wish you all the best!!

Hi Ted,

SixCats! DEMANDS you come back from time to time to say hello! Enjoy your break my friend (trust me, I too needed a break!).

Regards,
    Tom Patrick aka SixCats!

Hey Indie,

Take your break and then come back. Do what you have to do and come back and say hello once in a while. We will miss you until then.

Please don't say goodbye, that's forever.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

This is definitely this years worst news...............you better be back soon!!

Untill then - Have fun!

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    This is definitely this years worst news...............you better be back soon!!
    hands down worst news of the year. You ruined my friday night. seriously.
    In both open posts and private messages, I've enjoyed very much your taste in frags, your many adventures (often involving ravenous and/or multiple exotic foreign girls) and your singular narrative voice. Basenotes will never have another storyteller like you Ted. Voice of a generation and such.

Please do poke in and say hi, you're one of the Greats.

-Phil

Darn it... I was waiting for the review of Gaultier² that you promised me! AARGHH!!!

But still, Ted, come back as soon as you can, and feel free to take a peek from time to time!
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

These "I quit/am leaving" threads are all the rage nowadays, arent they?

I understand that a busy life would mean that a person cannot spend a whole lot of time on any certain website, but wont it take like all of 2 minutes to log in and post a message/check up on new reviews, even if it is only once or twice a week ? I would rather limit my activity on a site rather than leave it totally, especially if I have made some friends there and would like to keep in touch.

Ofcourse if a person isnt interested in the contents of a site anymore and is leaving because of that, thats a plausible reason too.
    -

Good Riddance!

Just kidding man...

Stay in touch.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    These "I quit/am leaving" threads are all the rage nowadays, arent they?
    They are! They really are! Maybe you should post one of your own...

I'll miss your posts. Come back soon.

All the best.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

i really like this guy

i like all of you really

but this guy was pretty cool.

thanks with agreeing with me more than most people good luck in everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    They are! They really are! Maybe you should post one of your own...
    After reading your review of YSLs' latest, I just might ...
    -

Goodbye Ted,
    All the best. I appreciate you're doing it this way - much better than when people just disappear without any form of goodbye.
    Thanks for your unique, insightful contributions and best wishes in your endeavours.
    Renato

Aw man, I'm really going to miss your posts and stories as well. Damn, today was a not so great day and this just made it horrible. Best of luck though, you'll be missed!

Hey Ted, take care and best of luck!

I can tell you are leaving not because you're losing interest but due to circumstances or events in your life.

Please come back again when you are feeling better.

----------

Oh and Renato, I am one of those people who just disappeared without saying goodbye, because I know I will always pop back into this forum. Members come and go here, you are the oldest member on this board - your 'farewell' is something I will never expect to see!

If only my mom would say "I quit" to cigarettes. My lungs would be a lot happier.

Thrax

Shotgun on his drobe if he decides to chuck it!

I call second dibs!

Or Daddy_Thrax - Ill fight you to the death for it.

Thrax

I dont fight to the death. I fight to the pain. Plus, Chuck Norris is on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrax
    I dont fight to the death. I fight to the pain. Plus, Chuck Norris is on my side.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ive seen him on those total gym infommercials. He doesnt look to good. If he tried to roundhouse me it looks like he'd pull his groin and break his leg in 5 different places.

But the fight to the pain can be arranged too. Even though a 5 year old could win that just by kicking you in your shin. Now thats painful.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Ive seen him on those total gym infommercials. He doesnt look to good. If he tried to roundhouse me it looks like he'd pull his groin and break his leg in 5 different places.

But the fight to the pain can be arranged too. Even though a 5 year old could win that just by kicking you in your shin. Now thats painful.
    Hmm....ya ever been hit in the balls? Its a shite site worse.

Hmm....ya ever been hit in the balls? Its a shite site worse.

Ok hows this. I have an older sister. Shes 19. Three years older. Every week I could expect one from her. After the third time I got hit my reflexes were so great she couldnt get me no matter how hard she tried. I have a story that will make you cringe. I was pretty short when I was ten, and I had to change a lightbulb in our foyer.; I got a chair and went to work putting the lightbulb in. I was on my tippytoes stretched to the max. My sister runs up the stairs and punches me right in the balls. I was on the ground crying for 15 minutes. No joke.

Ok hows this. I have an older sister. Shes 19. Three years older. Every week I could expect one from her. After the third time I got hit my reflexes were so great she couldnt get me no matter how hard she tried. I have a story that will make you cringe. I was pretty short when I was ten, and I had to change a lightbulb in our foyer.; I got a chair and went to work putting the lightbulb in. I was on my tippytoes stretched to the max. My sister runs up the stairs and punches me right in the balls. I was on the ground crying for 15 minutes. No joke.

so... yeah... INdie_Guy's leaving. Sucks, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    After reading your review of YSLs' latest, I just might ...
    hey, zz! unnecessary reaction from that snake-guy! i can't wait to read that review.
    si doux, tout musc...

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    so... yeah... INdie_Guy's leaving. Sucks, eh?

Haha I didnt really know him. Plus he's already gone so no use in saying anything else about it. Everyone saying how sad it is isnt going to bring him back. However an angry mob of you guys wearing TM Cologne could probably go to his house and force him to come back. I say TM Cologne because its the SS thing, plus all of you guys wearing all the scents you wear, would definitely clash and he'd smell you from miles away :P

Thrax

Haha I didnt really know him. Plus he's already gone so no use in saying anything else about it. Everyone saying how sad it is isnt going to bring him back. However an angry mob of you guys wearing TM Cologne could probably go to his house and force him to come back. I say TM Cologne because its the SS thing, plus all of you guys wearing all the scents you wear, would definitely clash and he'd smell you from miles away :P
    If you and I ever meet. I'll wear half a bottle of Joop!

If you and I ever meet. I'll wear half a bottle of Joop!

Haha, Ill have to kill you...Im not even joking. Ok well maybe just a little bit haha.

Thrax

My protective Joop aura would strike.you.down!

Haha its true. I would get pretty dizzy Im guessing.

Edit:

Id probably spray some Joop on my neck to fatigue my sense of smell so your protective Joop aura wouldnt affect me and Id be resistant to it.

Well, it was always nice to read your posts. Good luck with whatever you'll be doing. Keep the Indie spirit. For sure there are times, when other things are far more important than fragrances or fragrance forums.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

oh-oh...
    si doux, tout musc...

That's really sad, Dutchie guy . I sure hope you'll change your mind and return one day. You were a great member.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Hi Ted,
    this for sure is a sad news to hear, but I perfectly understand you. I hope this will be an au revoir and not an adieu cuz I liked so much to read your stories and your "red blooded" yet reflective posts.
    Btw, are you leaving to record an album with your songs? If yes, please, advertise it here please!

Hugs,
    Mag

Good luck Indie. It was definitely a pleasure to discuss fragrance with you. You were the coolest. Even though you're bidding farewell, you'll always be remembered on Basenotes. A year from now I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes reference to your posts, especially the "I wore Rive Gauge to work and got bitten!" thread.

Best wishes

...who's gonna post about goth chicks now?!
    ..."net", not "naut".

Bye Indie. I'll miss your posts--you offer nitty gritty no sugar coating that is delightful. Take care out there, and be well.

Ted, please consider cutting down rather than quitting. Maybe cut down to just one day a week or something that you use Basenotes because that way you can persue whatever it is you are persuing sans distraction and you can still be part of the community. You are Basenote's best story teller and also a great guy, so it would be really sad if you leave for good. At least do one post a month or something... like a story of the month thread. That would be awesome. Oh, and I hope this break won't stop us from meeting this fall. Check your messages around mid-September...

Wow! I usually don't post on these type of threads but I'll surely miss your insight and humor young man!

Best personal regards Ted.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Peace man! Glad you're in good terms with taking a break. Whatever you do, don't isolate, you're a winner and have a gift with your words! I am grateful for your posts.

One day at a time... Stay in the day and keep shining! Red ripe tomatoes don't grow in the dark.

Best to you,
    Mark

a sad day for us :-( ...
    but I ll second everything above !!
    Don't be to long away from us Indie !!!
    May the force be with U !

Renzo

I'm sorry to see you leave. I loved your stories and I always knew I could rely on you when it came to some CdG praising. I hope I'll be here the day you come back. Have fun!