Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I quit.

Default Re: I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrax
    If you and I ever meet. I'll wear half a bottle of Joop!

Haha, Ill have to kill you...Im not even joking. Ok well maybe just a little bit haha.

My protective Joop aura would!

Haha its true. I would get pretty dizzy Im guessing.

Id probably spray some Joop on my neck to fatigue my sense of smell so your protective Joop aura wouldnt affect me and Id be resistant to it.

Well, it was always nice to read your posts. Good luck with whatever you'll be doing. Keep the Indie spirit. For sure there are times, when other things are far more important than fragrances or fragrance forums.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

amsterdam and duesseldorf

si doux, tout musc...

That's really sad, Dutchie guy . I sure hope you'll change your mind and return one day. You were a great member.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Hi Ted,
    this for sure is a sad news to hear, but I perfectly understand you. I hope this will be an au revoir and not an adieu cuz I liked so much to read your stories and your "red blooded" yet reflective posts.
    Btw, are you leaving to record an album with your songs? If yes, please, advertise it here please!

All the best.

San Jose, CA

Good luck Indie. It was definitely a pleasure to discuss fragrance with you. You were the coolest. Even though you're bidding farewell, you'll always be remembered on Basenotes. A year from now I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes reference to your posts, especially the "I wore Rive Gauge to work and got bitten!" thread.

Best wishes

...who's gonna post about goth chicks now?!
    ..."net", not "naut".

Nashville, Tennessee

Bye Indie. I'll miss your posts--you offer nitty gritty no sugar coating that is delightful. Take care out there, and be well.

United States

Ted, please consider cutting down rather than quitting. Maybe cut down to just one day a week or something that you use Basenotes because that way you can persue whatever it is you are persuing sans distraction and you can still be part of the community. You are Basenote's best story teller and also a great guy, so it would be really sad if you leave for good. At least do one post a month or something... like a story of the month thread. That would be awesome. Oh, and I hope this break won't stop us from meeting this fall. Check your messages around mid-September...

Warner Robins, GA CSA

Wow! I usually don't post on these type of threads but I'll surely miss your insight and humor young man!

Best personal regards Ted.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Peace man! Glad you're in good terms with taking a break. Whatever you do, don't isolate, you're a winner and have a gift with your words! I am grateful for your posts.

One day at a time... Stay in the day and keep shining! Red ripe tomatoes don't grow in the dark.

Best to you,

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen - Belgium

a sad day for us :-( ...
    but I ll second everything above !!
    Don't be to long away from us Indie !!!
    May the force be with U !

I'm sorry to see you leave. I loved your stories and I always knew I could rely on you when it came to some CdG praising. I hope I'll be here the day you come back. Have fun!