Code of Conduct

Default L'eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme is a masterpiece

I seriously believe that people who disregard this scent only smell the top-notes - they got so turned-off by it that they never waited for the drydown. I know that because I was one of them.

The topnotes is a Sage/Rosemary powerhouse. I have read that its being described as similar to Vick's vapour rub, thats very true. Its got a eucalpytus medical oil quality to it - its overdone, too over the top to appeal to most people. Maybe its a good thing! It will keep this Bleue from being too popular like the original Issey.

Good things come to those who wait - the drydown is to die for! Its very unique, it doesn't smells like perfume. While the topnotes smell synthetic, the drydown is very natural. If you like L'Artisan's VdR, you will most likely love this scent. I have a feeling that people who bought VdR are not after the Rose, but rather its the fresh smell of after-rain soil. That accord is a transitory phase and is short-lived in VdR, but in Bleue - it is the drydown smell. Not exactly alike, because theres no patchouli dirt smell here... rather its more like rainfresh hay smell. If you have smell both VdR and Bleue, you'll sense the similarity - its that scent of the air after a summer rain, when the heat from the sun evaporates the moisture from the land. It can also liken to the dewdrops on the hay during early morning - with the morning sun bringing out the fresh dried grass scent.

I don't think you have to be a horse or a farmer to enjoy this fragrance, its a natural smell that is very appealing. Bleue is somewhat similar in character to the original Polo, which also has a pungent medicinal topnotes that drydown to a very rustic smell. I think the marketing for Bleue is a terrible disaster, the scent is not blue (although the topnotes does reminds you of Vick's dark blue bottle!), if they want it blue they should name it 'Blue Japanese Tweed'. Its a more accurate description.

In conclusion, its one that I will put on the 'to-buy' list. Its different from everything else and it has good diffusion and longevity. It smells masculine and non-perfumey, good for late summer and Autumn.

Default Re: L'eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme is a masterpiece

I like it too, but somehow I never wear it that often. Somehow I like wearing this
    more on colder days than in Summer. Makes me think of the Fall season.

I love it too as a warm weather fragrance.

It has great lasting power for such an aquatic scent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you that it's different from everything else.
    Renato

Count me in as a fan ofthis fragrance. I don`t own it, but probably I really should.

Excellent blend, that in my experience will rise for it`s full bloom on hot weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a full 4.2 oz bottle with box and cap if anyone is interested in trading.